MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

sailordom

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

I'm really hoping I don't love any of the lippies when swatches come out. I would just be too embarrassed to pull those out of my purse in public.
th_dunno.gif

(And I'm someone who used to have a Choco Cat wallet!)

The Maleficent ones aren't too bad, but I wasn't planning on purple lippies anyway. But realizing that made me think that maybe it's that the packaging is black -- the cartoony stuff just looks too stark.

But this should be a small haul for me -- an MES, one of the liquid powders and maybe a beauty powder and/or a purple lippie.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
I'm really hoping I don't love any of the lippies when swatches come out. I would just be too embarrassed to pull those out of my purse in public.
th_dunno.gif

(And I'm someone who used to have a Choco Cat wallet!)

The Maleficent ones aren't too bad, but I wasn't planning on purple lippies anyway. But realizing that made me think that maybe it's that the packaging is black -- the cartoony stuff just looks too stark.

But this should be a small haul for me -- an MES, one of the liquid powders and maybe a beauty powder and/or a purple lippie.

lol! nothing wrong with choco cat!
tong.gif

i am still excited for the mes most... normal shadows looks blah to me, lippies and glosses look great and the mirror sucks so that is coming off my list
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
lol! nothing wrong with choco cat!
tong.gif

i am still excited for the mes most... normal shadows looks blah to me, lippies and glosses look great and the mirror sucks so that is coming off my list
smiles.gif

The mirror is laughable
th_LMAO.gif
I love Dr. Facilier, but the facial expression they picked is just stupid.... Sorry if I've offended anyone
blush-anim-cl.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
The mirror is laughable
th_LMAO.gif
I love Dr. Facilier, but the facial expression they picked is just stupid.... Sorry if I've offended anyone
blush-anim-cl.gif

nope! i love the shadow man but i hate it!
tong.gif

rhondavancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungelly87
Innocence Beware looks nude? like Nude Rose maybe? I can't wait to see swatches!!

Good observation! I hope it is like nude rose... how exciting would that be, especially since this is a cremesheen!
th_DANCE.gif
I finished my nude rose a couple of weeks ago... could really use a more pigmented version of it!

PlatinumV

Oh, I've just seen the images on Temptalia... this collection is fantastic, I think I'm going to buy almost all! I am particularly in love with Evil Queen and Maleficient products. Deep burgundy, violet, all dark colour! My gothic make up section is going to grow a lot! ^^

Lambie_mac

Here is my list...

EVERYTHING.

Hasn't changed. lol. I really do love it all! It is totally up my alley!
winks.gif

Almus

No, no, noooo that packaging is actually hurting my eyes. I will go for the e/s in copper, dark blue violet and bronze burgundy and then ... depot! depot! depot!

spunky

i'm actually not that impressed by the photos... more money for other things! still just getting 3 lipsticks, 3 eyeshadows and a blush
yes.gif

although seeing the photos has cheered me up - i'm just back from the doctors and i might have something wrong with my kidneys so the dr tried to take a blood sample and couldn't find any! so i've got a very sore arm and another round of needles and whatnot to look forward to
ssad.gif

jungleland

Sorry if this question has already be asked, but we already know the exact date for the launch?
I might skip all the lippies, they seem to be either too dark or to light for me!

And I'm skipping the mirror... it is hideous!

Spunky,sorry for your worries health wise, a big hug!

Kirsty

The Maleficient purple l/s & l/g are hot. The Dr. F lipgelee looks so lame
lol.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
Sorry if this question has already be asked, but we already know the exact date for the launch?
I might skip all the lippies, they seem to be either too dark or to light for me!

And I'm skipping the mirror... it is hideous!

Spunky,sorry for your worries health wise, a big hug!

thanks lovely
smiles.gif

this should be launching september for US/canada and october for everyone else
yes.gif

s_lost

CCOs will have a lot of Dr. Facilier mirrors... for a long, long time...

Maybe they should give it as a gift when you spend 50 bucks or more. At least they would get rid of. Then we would give the miror to nieces, cousins, girl scouts...

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_lost
CCOs will have a lot of Dr. Facilier mirrors... for a long, long time...

Maybe they should give it as a gift when you spend 50 bucks or more. At least they would get rid of. Then we would give the miror to nieces, cousins, girl scouts...

th_LMAO.gif
so true!

Soul Unique

mac_addict.gif
I saw the updated pics on Temptalia last night, and Heartless and those Nail Lacquers look so yummy!! *Haven't had breakfast* lol.

I have split my haul list into sections i'll be buying the following online first....

Briar Rose
Heartless
She Who Dares
My Dark Magic
Bite of an Apple
Push the Edge
Violetta

Then i'll take a trip to the counter or Pro store and have a play around with the rest of my wishlist/maybes:

*The 3 eye shadows and Hot House from Evil Queen - despite cooing over HAI I can't get over the floating heads on the eye shadows - creeping me out, couldn't they just stretch the image right across the lid!? *shudders*

*Dr Facillier - Magically Cool thingy majig; right now Truth and Cajun look exactly the same and I was told that Cajun is similar in look to Comfort MSF [which I already have] - do I need a powder that gives me a cooling sensation for a split second on application???
th_confused_new.gif

*The Nail Lacquers, i'd love all three but I want to see them in person before I buy!

*The pigments, aren't going anywhere too soon - I think I could purchase later!

nunu

OMG...Just saw the pictures on Temptalia..i want it all!!! Minus that stupid looking mirror lol.

annikay

Still only Innocence, Beware! and Oh So Fair for me (and if it's similar to Pink Swoon, not even that). Saving pennies here
th_DANCE.gif
(And I'm not getting Of Royalty from FF because it looks exactly like Creme Cup, and Pet Me blush looks quite warm toned, so.. yay more money for LUSH! He he.)

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Truth and Light powder looks awfully brown in the photo. I was going to get it, but it's $$$ and maybe now it can be skipped.

The "Truth and Light" powder is quite light -- I did not see this photo, but maybe it was the "Cajun" powder which is the same forumation but for darker skins or those who want a bronzed look
smiles.gif
as it does come in two colors. I will post some pics of both next week from work
yes.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
mac_addict.gif
I saw the updated pics on Temptalia last night, and Heartless and those Nail Lacquers look so yummy!! *Haven't had breakfast* lol.

I have split my haul list into sections i'll be buying the following online first....

Briar Rose
Heartless
She Who Dares
My Dark Magic
Bite of an Apple
Push the Edge
Violetta

Then i'll take a trip to the counter or Pro store and have a play around with the rest of my wishlist/maybes:

*The 3 eye shadows and Hot House from Evil Queen - despite cooing over HAI I can't get over the floating heads on the eye shadows - creeping me out, couldn't they just stretch the image right across the lid!? *shudders*

*Dr Facillier - Magically Cool thingy majig; right now Truth and Cajun look exactly the same and I was told that Cajun is similar in look to Comfort MSF [which I already have] - do I need a powder that gives me a cooling sensation for a split second on application???
th_confused_new.gif

*The Nail Lacquers, i'd love all three but I want to see them in person before I buy!

*The pigments, aren't going anywhere too soon - I think I could purchase later!

you are right -- the magically cool powders are cool on application but then the coolness wears away, but do provide luminosity to the skin. The "Cajun" powder is similar to "Comfort" but I would say that "Comfort" is a bit more glimmery. These powders are sheer and luminous -- no glimmer or sparkles.
smiles.gif