MAC - Viva Glam Fall 2010 Discussion

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Do you know if they will match the lipsticks or be something completly different? Aghhh the suspense!

From what I saw in the picture the sigs are exactly the same as the lipstick...so regular MAC lipgloss packaging with a red sig

peachsuns

^ Do you remember if the color of the glosses match the color of the lipsticks?
tong.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
^ Yay, you'll get Gaga l/s very soon!
yahoo.gif

Now should I order Cyndi l/s today? Still thinking.
cutey.gif

I think it's a great red to have! My mom doesn't wear red lipstick or lip products at all, and she steals mine from me all the time!
thmbup.gif

erine1881

Quote:
tong.gif

as with V, VI and VI SE, the glosses don't match, but coordinate with the lipsticks. i'm sure it will be the same with gaga and cyndi.

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
as with V, VI and VI SE, the glosses don't match, but coordinate with the lipsticks. i'm sure it will be the same with gaga and cyndi.

Thank you, Erin! Any chance that we will know more about this collection on June 30th?
yahoo.gif

liba

Gaga goes on sort of weird and too bright on me too, but if I let it just sit for maybe 20 minutes, it dries down and shifts into a really nice, muted color while still keeping the coverage over my very red lips.

Every time I use it, I have to stop myself from taking it right off before it can settle in, hehe.

'Same thing happens with Blooming Lovely.

GlamQueen21

I'm so excited for the lipglasses!! Going to order Cyndi sometime soon and will buy another backup or 2 of Gaga l/s! I haven't used my Gaga l/s yet and I do need to try it out lol

erine1881

Quote:
Thank you, Erin! Any chance that we will know more about this collection on June 30th?
yahoo.gif

yes.gif

erine1881

Quote:
^ Thank you, Erin!
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Enjoy Twilight!
th_wink3.gif

thanks! i will for sure! i was actually talking to the nurse that was helping me out to the car after my surgery today about twilight. i have no clue what was said, or even how the conversation got started, but i remember talking about it!
th_LMAO.gif

peachsuns

^ It's after a surgery. I don't think I would remember anything if I were you.
winks.gif

Hope you feel better really soon!
th_hug.gif

Teggy

After reading this thread yesterday I brought in Gaga to wear at work and dammit I STILL can't figure out how to wear it. It comes out so light on me. I'm a pale girl, but I have dark hair and yellow tones to my skin so it just looks funny. I tried Sugarrimmed DG over it and it only looked silly. Maybe I'll go with my ol' Blackwave or BlingBlack gloss trick to mute it down a little.

purplerinne

Quote:
tong.gif

It's the same =) I mean, i didn't see the actually product, just the picture and it looks the same to me

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
After reading this thread yesterday I brought in Gaga to wear at work and dammit I STILL can't figure out how to wear it. It comes out so light on me. I'm a pale girl, but I have dark hair and yellow tones to my skin so it just looks funny. I tried Sugarrimmed DG over it and it only looked silly. Maybe I'll go with my ol' Blackwave or BlingBlack gloss trick to mute it down a little.

I'm in same boat as you, black hair/NC15. I like Dervish or Naked pencil underneath if I'm using a pencil and I just let it dry down a bit - needs 20 minutes to lose the weird brightness for me. Also, English Accents gloss over it works well, but I actually prefer it without gloss, overall.

Blue and black shadows and liners are the only eye looks that don't look odd with it for me. I still wear it almost every week, though - I think out of stubbornness
smiles.gif

Lambie_mac

I talked to my MA friend over at nordies today...

She said that they will be getting the gaga and cyndi bags there at nordies this time around! YAY!

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy

I have a really strong yellow tone but you know what this lipstick looks fabulous with Like Venus dazzleglass. Try it and you will love it!
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

The lipsticks are constantly sold out here. I might have to start looking for a CP if I ever want to get them.
smiles.gif

The one thing that puts me off about Gaga, is that I have heard girls that have a look I am really not into praise it, on more than one occasion. The type I am talking about is fake-blond girls with perma-tans that like their lip colors really light.

Of course I know the color can be rocked in lots of ways, but every time I think about the color it reminds me of this look.
smiles.gif
SDER

Teggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFairy
I have a really strong yellow tone but you know what this lipstick looks fabulous with Like Venus dazzleglass. Try it and you will love it!
smiles.gif

Thanks for the advice. I tried it with Hot Stuff Plushglass, which looks similar. That helped. I can always try Date Night or Get Rich Quick or even Funtabulous if I'm feeling adventurous. I might just have to accept that this is more of a costume color than an everyday color for me.

There is something a bit "phony" about Gaga lipstick, but I think that's part of the fun of it!

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
The lipsticks are constantly sold out here. I might have to start looking for a CP if I ever want to get them.
smiles.gif

The one thing that puts me off about Gaga, is that I have heard girls that have a look I am really not into praise it, on more than one occasion. The type I am talking about is fake-blond girls with perma-tans that like their lip colors really light.

Of course I know the color can be rocked in lots of ways, but every time I think about the color it reminds me of this look.
smiles.gif
SDER

I haven't seen the gaga lipstick at all. When i got my spring colour forecast stuff it was sold out in the counter where i went. Now i have a counter where i life and they still didn't get it
thmbdn.gif

If i like the gaga lipstick i will buy the gloss too and maybe the bag
smiles.gif
Luckily the lipstick doesn't remind me of the look you discribed. It sounds horrible
tong.gif