MAC - Viva Glam Fall 2010 Discussion

Susanne

I forgot to pick up my Gag l/g last week! EEk! But it was so busy at the counter because of VV.

I will get it this weekend I hope!

LMD84

i didnt get my cyndi this week because i spent so much on VV. i will have to wait until next month which is a shame!

kittykit

When I saw Cyndi l/g swatch on Temptalia, I knew I must get this colour. I don't like the Cyndi l/s because I think it's too red for my liking. I got the l/g last week and I'm so in love...
love.gif
It's so beautiful and pigmented. I'm wearing it again today.
winks.gif

keijukainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
When I saw Cyndi l/g swatch on Temptalia, I knew I must get this colour. I don't like the Cyndi l/s because I think it's too red for my liking. I got the l/g last week and I'm so in love...
love.gif
It's so beautiful and pigmented. I'm wearing it again today.
winks.gif

How is it different on you compared to the l/s?

I should've tried Cyndi l/g instead of just skipping it cos I didn't like the l/s either
ssad.gif

StarrySim

I need help deciding on Cyndi lipstick. Here's my stash of MAC lip products - do I have a dupe?

Lipsticks: Ahoy There, All Mine, A Rose Romance, Creme Cup, Crosswires, Jazzed, Laugh a Lot, Lazy Day, Lustering, Made With Love, Marquise D', Patisserie, Phlox, Shy Girl, Speak Louder, Way To Love; Slimshines: Funshine, Gentle Simmer, Grenadine, Long Stem Rose; Cremesheen Glasses: Just Superb, Loud & lovely, Right Image; Lipglass/ Lustreglass: D'Nouveau, Just Add Colour, Local Colour, Lustrewhite, Fierce & Fabulous, Perennial High Style, Pink Meringue, Wicked Ways

Alty

I stupidly bought cyndi l/s without swatching it on my lips first.
It sucks on me
ssad.gif
it leans too coral, I hate coral, I thought it would look more raspberry-ish
wondering.gif
I feel stupid

LMD84

It sucks on me
ssad.gif
wondering.gif
I feel stupid

dont feel stupid sweetie!
th_hug.gif
just try and experiment. what happens if you layer it over a pinky lipstick? does that pink it up for you a lilttle?

Alty

omg.gif
I was so disappointed I had not even thought about layering
blush-anim-cl.gif

Thanks
th_kiss.gif
I tried with a few lipsticks/lipglasses and it gets nicer, I think I might use it with a rose romance l/s, which is way too "barbie" for me anyway, so I might have found a way to use both!

I need to see it in daylight, I will update.

th_hug.gif
thanks

Oh and happy b-day
th_kiss.gif

peachsuns

dont feel stupid sweetie!
th_hug.gif
just try and experiment. what happens if you layer it over a pinky lipstick? does that pink it up for you a lilttle?
iagree.gif

I love wearing Revenge Is Sweet from VV collection over Cyndi. RIS adds pink and it makes them look more natural on my mauve pink lips. I'm glad Cyndi is luster finish. It's really easy to wear.
cutey.gif

I did the live chat this morning and asked the MA how long this collection would be available since I want to backup Cyndi. She said it will be available throughout the rest of 2010. If you want anything from this collection, don't wait too long, girls.
winks.gif

sonia84

It sucks on me
ssad.gif
wondering.gif
I feel stupid

On my sis, (she is way more tanned than me) it pulls a gorgeous raspberry colour whereas on my pale skin it def pulls a sort of off red colour. I don't tend to wear mine that much as its kinda slippy and moves around a bit.

Ps, i've never tried a lip product from mac on yet so i wouldn't feel silly about not trying it on.

LMD84

omg.gif
I was so disappointed I had not even thought about layering
blush-anim-cl.gif

Thanks
th_kiss.gif
I tried with a few lipsticks/lipglasses and it gets nicer, I think I might use it with a rose romance l/s, which is way too "barbie" for me anyway, so I might have found a way to use both!

I need to see it in daylight, I will update.

th_hug.gif
thanks

Oh and happy b-day
th_kiss.gif
thanks you
smiles.gif
and i shall await your update when you get to experiment with it more
smiles.gif

Alty

Ok, I played a little bit and here are the results!

Please forgive my lack of ability in putting lipstick on. I always go with sheer lipglosses because of my giant lips so I guess I've never learned how to paint my lips properly
blush-anim-cl.gif

Also excuse the spot and the empty piercing hole under my lips
wondering.gif

Cyndi on its own

Cyndi with A Rose Romance Lipstick

Cyndi + my favorite lipglass: steal my heart!

what do you think? better? I think the "coral" tinge shows up mostly under cold artificial lights, while these are all in sunlight. Anyway…I like it much better with some pink. I wanna try it with some deeper red...

LittleMaryJane

I like them all, Alty... All of them are great shades. I'm a total sucker for Cyndi though so I think I prefer it on it's own but it doesn't seem to be for everybody. (You have nice lips
smiles.gif
)