MAC - Viva Glam Fall 2010 Discussion

LittleMaryJane

Went and picked up Cyndi today. It's why I went to my counter in the first place but I got several other things... Can't wait to try it with a look.

marajode

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I think I should just go ahead and get the Gaga lipglass
pretty.gif
. I already have the lipstick and perhaps the gloss can make it somewhat wearable for me. We'll see.

Anyway, I wore Cyndi lipstick+lipglass today and I felt so pretty ! I want to post a pic in the swatch thread, but I need to weed through my pics and see where I look the least gross. I really wish I had time to snap pics in the morning when everything is fresh.
lol.gif

I just checked your blog, and Your pics of you wearing it are so pretty!
If I hadn't already ordered the gloss, you would have sold it with those pics.
yes.gif

0missjones

Went to pick up the Cyndi lipglass this weekend. Its really pretty. The MUA paired it with Vino l/l and I loved it. She also said that I could use Chestnut l/l if I wanted. I decided to skip Gaga being as I already own the lipstick and Im using it less as the season is starting to change.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I wish they were out here already!!

yeah me too!
girl_devil.gif
i'm impatient for cyndi!

shontay07108

I almost bought another Cyndi lipglass yesterday, but I will wait. I passed on Gaga, too. I haven't even worn the lipstick outside so why bother with the gloss?

I bought some lipliners since I am getting into them now. Gotta say Cyndi looks awesome with Auburn lipliner.

keijukainen

Are the lipglasses available in Finland?

I've got Cyndi l/s but I'm not completely sold on how it looks on me. My natural lip color seems to turn it a bit too rosy, almost muted and the coral red part doesn't show that much. It almost looks like I'm only wearing a lip balm and I wasn't expecting that at all.

I'd really like to try the gloss on top and see if it makes the lippie look brighter and more fresh like I was hoping the l/s would be.

PinkBasset

^ I'm also waiting for the glosses, I hope they will be there at some point this month. I didn't get the lipstick but I want both glosses. I have been so bad with my low-lippie-buy, I have been buying just as much as before. Bad me.
ssad.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by keijukainen
Are the lipglasses available in Finland?

I've got Cyndi l/s but I'm not completely sold on how it looks on me. My natural lip color seems to turn it a bit too rosy, almost muted and the coral red part doesn't show that much. It almost looks like I'm only wearing a lip balm and I wasn't expecting that at all.

I'd really like to try the gloss on top and see if it makes the lippie look brighter and more fresh like I was hoping the l/s would be.

Try wearing the lippy with an orange or red toned lipliner...

I did cool eyes today, but tomorrow I am gonna try Cindi with my new Temp rising l/l...I hear it brings out the coral tones...

GlamQueen21

I got my Gaga lipglass in the mail and will try it sometime soon. I'm going to order both Cydni lipstick and lipglass next.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
Try wearing the lippy with an orange or red toned lipliner...

I second that. The lipstick tends to take on the colour of what's around it. Worn alone, it looked pretty close to my own lip colour with a slightly coral tint. But worn with a liner (which also helps tame the bleeding to which it is prone), it'll capture those tones really well. Worn with Cherry l/l, I could really see the red tones, but with Redd, it was more a bright coral. Fun with lipstick...

I just picked up Cyndi today. I found it looked different enough from the lipstick to warrant having. Gaga was identical to the l/s as far as I could see, so I don't think I'll bother with that one.

martiangurll

I tried using Temp Rising outliner with Cyndi and it made it look really orange toned coral. When I use Cyndi alone, it is very pretty and subtle--almost MLBB. Next time I may try using a blue pink liner with it.

So far I am loving Cyndi and cannot wait to try GaGa.

I am passing on the lipglosses although they are both really pretty, but I am on a l/g no buy...

Fiberluver

I picked up Gaga l/g today and I love it.

I tried it on with Nightmoth l/l and boy is it pretty.

I tried Cyndi too but it just isn't me.

It doesn't work for me.

I guess I'm not into "safe" colors!

So now I have gaga l/s & l/l. I'm a happy pink girl!

Oh, I also tried the Gaga gloss with plum l/p - pure heaven!

Funny, I hadn't even planned to get the Gaga gloss anytime soon but one of my local MAC stores had it in stock and I couldn't resist!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Quote:
I want Gaga lipglass. Now. Thanks
greengrin.gif

Same here.
sigh.gif

So we don't have an official release date for Germany/or Europe in general yet?Maybe they'll come out with VV,and since we don't have Nail Trend yet either,maybe they will be released all together on the same day?If so,that would be a little overwhelming...

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynadine
Same here.
sigh.gif

So we don't have an official release date for Germany/or Europe in general yet?Maybe they'll come out with VV,and since we don't have Nail Trend yet either,maybe they will be released all together on the same day?If so,that would be a little overwhelming...

In the netherlands the lipglasses will release on the 8th of october. I don't know if that is the same for the rest of europe, but i think around that time. The nail polishes are also not here yet. I have no idea when they come out
th_dunno.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
I want Gaga lipglass. Now. Thanks
greengrin.gif

My Gaga Lipstick finally arrived and I just had to wear it today. I planned my makeup around the lippy then my outfit to match my make up. This is kind of sick but what's a girl to do? Guess you could say I went Gaga today...

Starting to lem both of the l/g now which is a problem because I am on a L/g no-buy ATM. I don't really *need* them for layering because I am happy with the Lustre finish on both, its gooey and shiney enough. Are the lipglosses stand-alone-worthy? (I should know better asking fellow enablers but its for a good cause, right?)
thmbup.gif

Fiberluver

You could wear Gaga gloss by it self or with a liner.

I don't plan on wearing the l/s and l/g together.

To me, that is overkill. I plan to wear them with other shades. I love coming up with unique lip combos.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
You could wear Gaga gloss by it self or with a liner.

I don't plan on wearing the l/s and l/g together.

To me, that is overkill. I plan to wear them with other shades. I love coming up with unique lip combos.

iagree.gif