MAC - Viva Glam Fall 2010 Discussion

marajode

Ordering Cyndi gloss. I love the lipstick!

Can anybody tell me about the bags? I've been looking through this thread and the original l/s thread.
How is the inside of the bag? Is it fabric?
I like the lining of the Hello Kitty bags, but was extrememly disappointed in the Liberty of London bag.

And I can't tell from the pictures, but is the strap the same kind of material like backpack straps? (that is not a very good description, but the sporty nylon stuff. Must get more sleep so brain can function)
It looks kinda like that, and that looks out of place on that bag. Maybe I'm wrong about the material.

I can't decide on the bags.
th_dunno.gif

Any opinions from those that got them last time?

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marajode
Ordering Cyndi gloss. I love the lipstick!

Can anybody tell me about the bags? I've been looking through this thread and the original l/s thread.
How is the inside of the bag? Is it fabric?
I like the lining of the Hello Kitty bags, but was extrememly disappointed in the Liberty of London bag.

And I can't tell from the pictures, but is the strap the same kind of material like backpack straps? (that is not a very good description, but the sporty nylon stuff. Must get more sleep so brain can function)
It looks kinda like that, and that looks out of place on that bag. Maybe I'm wrong about the material.

I can't decide on the bags.
th_dunno.gif

Any opinions from those that got them last time?

Actually, that was a great description of the strap! I knew exactly what you were talking about when I read 'backpack'
lol.gif

The inside yes is nylon.
yes.gif

I am still unsure what to do with mine. Actually, I just had an idea and tested it out - yup, it's great as a brush holder!
thmbup.gif

I want to use it as my travel makeup case for inside my purse, but that's only when using a big purse
tong.gif
But I'm also afraid of getting it dirty, lol. I still have it wrapped up
blush-anim-cl.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
So is the Cyndi gloss anything like the lipstick? it looks so bright/weird on temptalias lips
th_dunno.gif

A reviewer on youtube said that it's actually more pigmented than the lipstick and perhaps a bit more red. To me, it looks coral just like the lipstick, but, like the youtube reviewer said, brighter. I'm excited. A pigmented coral gloss that can actually work for me.

marajode

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Actually, that was a great description of the strap! I knew exactly what you were talking about when I read 'backpack'
lol.gif

The inside yes is nylon.
yes.gif

I am still unsure what to do with mine. Actually, I just had an idea and tested it out - yup, it's great as a brush holder!
thmbup.gif

I want to use it as my travel makeup case for inside my purse, but that's only when using a big purse
tong.gif
But I'm also afraid of getting it dirty, lol. I still have it wrapped up
blush-anim-cl.gif

Right now I'm using a humongoid purse. That's kind of why I'm leaning toward getting one of these. I've actually been using the Hello Kitty one a lot. Sometimes whipping out the Hello Kitty gets second glances. I imagine whipping out a huge pair of pixellated lips would get even more. lol
I think sub-consciously, I'm waiting til it's sold out, so that my decision would be made for me. I wouldn't have to be the decision maker.
Not to mention, Gaga, or Cyndi. I'm leaning toward Cyndi. I think...

I'm this way in everyday life too.
Someone recently sent me a postcard with the words "My final decision is.....Maybe"
Story of my life
th_LMAO.gif

marajode

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
A reviewer on youtube said that it's actually more pigmented than the lipstick and perhaps a bit more red. To me, it looks coral just like the lipstick, but, like the youtube reviewer said, brighter. I'm excited. A pigmented coral gloss that can actually work for me.

I'm all over that description.
th_DANCE.gif

Cyndi is one of the most wearable, beautiful colors I have. And I don't tend to like reds too much. I have a hard time carrying them off. Cyndi has enough coral, and can be sheer or brighter. I love the lipstick.
I'm soooo excited to try the Cyndi gloss! I'm excited to wear the two together.
yes.gif

elegant-one

Well, I LOVE the color of the Cyndi ls! So, yeah I want it to be pretty much the same. There is no color description at MAC it only says that it matches the ls. There really isn't a lot of coral in the lipstick

BabysOnFire

Well, I'm going to order both glosses. I had hopes that the Canadian MAC site would re-stock the Cyndi lipstick when these came out, too, but unfortunately it's still sold out. I guess I'll have to miss out or resort to evilBay or something
ssad.gif

Icecaramellatte

I totally missed the launch of these last night. I want to get Cyndi lipstick and lipglass. I want a bag but I can't decide on Cyndi or the Gaga one. I'm assuming these will be at stores on Thursday which is too bad because I think I'm going shopping tomorrow. I guess I better just order online. I'm so afraid the bags will sell out. I never even saw them last go round.

User38

Quote:
So is the Cyndi gloss anything like the lipstick? it looks so bright/weird on temptalias lips
th_dunno.gif

shhhh about the T site
greengrin.gif
shockt.gif
... I hope it is bright and weird..lol. I just ordered one so that it could ship with my FF stuff
th_DANCE.gif

User38

Quote:
Well, I LOVE the color of the Cyndi ls! So, yeah I want it to be pretty much the same. There is no color description at MAC it only says that it matches the ls. There really isn't a lot of coral in the lipstick

it's coral darlin.. I saw it a while ago
yes.gif
and it does match the lippie which is perfect for me
graucho.gif

elegant-one

At this point, I will just pick up the Cyndi gloss Thursday at the store - since I can
greengrin.gif
Faster than waiting on UPS

peachsuns

I totally forgot that today is the online release day for these lipglasses.
th_crazy2.gif
What is wrong with me?
lol.gif
Anyway, I really want to buy Cyndi's, but I'll wait till Thursday. I'll go see it at the store. Hope I'll love it!
cutey.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
At this point, I will just pick up the Cyndi gloss Thursday at the store - since I can
greengrin.gif
Faster than waiting on UPS

^ Yay! So happy for ya, Elegant!
th_DANCE.gif

I have switched from black box
mac_boxday.gif
to black bag
mac_haul.gif
not so long ago. No more wait!
cutey.gif

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabysOnFire
Well, I'm going to order both glosses. I had hopes that the Canadian MAC site would re-stock the Cyndi lipstick when these came out, too, but unfortunately it's still sold out. I guess I'll have to miss out or resort to evilBay or something
ssad.gif

You have plenty of time to get that lipstick since it's available until February 2011. I myself am going to wait to get the both Cyndi lipstick and lipglass.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
I thought it was a bit early for the holiday shipment to start showing up,but I remember last year it showed up around early Sept,sooo
th_DANCE.gif
If it does show up,when I go in I will definately share the info
winks.gif

we tend to get our holiday shipment pretty early too.

Quote:
th_dunno.gif

i posted swatches of both lipsticks and glosses momma spy
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
shhhh about the T site
greengrin.gif
shockt.gif

th_roll1.gif

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabysOnFire
ssad.gif

Or you can get a CP for it! I'm surprised the Canadian site hasn't stocked it. It was sold out at my local counter but the MAC store downstairs had it as of the weekend. Such a beautiful lipstick to own!

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
we tend to get our holiday shipment pretty early too.

i posted swatches of both lipsticks and glosses momma spy
th_wink3.gif

th_roll1.gif

graucho.gif
girlhaha.gif
th_roll1.gif

shontay07108

I got my Viva Cyndi gloss today. It is amazing! It's exactly the same color as the lipstick except more pigmented. You can rock this baby all by itself. I can't wait to wear this. I will post a swatch in the swatch thread soon.

BabysOnFire

Unfortunately I don't think the Canadian site's gonna re-stock the Cyndi lipstick even if it is available till February. I've checked the MAC site for MONTHSSS and they haven't re-stocked it so far, and I'm too far from a MAC to actually be able to visit one in person. Boo-urns.
ssad.gif