MAC - Viva Glam Fall 2010 Discussion

shontay07108

I'm not one for lip combos, but The Cyndi lipstick+lipglass isn't overkill at all. I think it's due to the fact that Cyndi lipstick, while the same shade as the lipglass, is more subdued. It's not full on color. It can be layered. The combo is pure love, but you can also wear each alone and with other things.

I'm tempted to try Gaga but I really think it'll be a waste of time for me.

Fiberluver

^Shontay,

I think GaGa would look gorgeous on you!

I'm looking at the shade in your avatar and it's lovely as well!

Plus you rocked the purple lippies - I think you could get away with Gaga.

I think the choice of liner is key here.

Gaga is the kind of l/s that you can change with any liner and get multiple looks.

That is why I like to purchase shades that are multi-dimensional - not one dimensional.

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
My Gaga Lipstick finally arrived and I just had to wear it today. I planned my makeup around the lippy then my outfit to match my make up. This is kind of sick but what's a girl to do? Guess you could say I went Gaga today...

Starting to lem both of the l/g now which is a problem because I am on a L/g no-buy ATM. I don't really *need* them for layering because I am happy with the Lustre finish on both, its gooey and shiney enough. Are the lipglosses stand-alone-worthy? (I should know better asking fellow enablers but its for a good cause, right?)
thmbup.gif

Karla really likes it.
cutey.gif

Lips of the Day: Viva Glam Cyndi lipgloss - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself

OK, I finally wore Cyndi l/s.
bangin.gif
It's a lovely warm red lippie with lustre finish. Very wearable. I just wish it had a bit more pink tone to it, but that's just me. I can layer it with another lip product, so it should be fine.
yes.gif
I also went to check those lipglasses recently. They were pretty. The colors were just like their lipstick versions. Should I buy them now? Do we still have time?
cutey.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
^Shontay,

I think GaGa would look gorgeous on you!

I'm looking at the shade in your avatar and it's lovely as well!

Plus you rocked the purple lippies - I think you could get away with Gaga.

I think the choice of liner is key here.

Gaga is the kind of l/s that you can change with any liner and get multiple looks.

That is why I like to purchase shades that are multi-dimensional - not one dimensional.

Oh goodness. I am so easily enabled.
lol.gif
Ok, I will buy it. Why not? What Mac liner would you recommend? I don't want to change the color too much. I'm thinking Dervish? I'm not too well versed on Mac liners b/c I am just now getting into them. I do know that I hate the whole gaga lipstick with Vino or whatever. I do know what Vino looks like and I just can't get those two together in my mind. I've seen women with a dark ring around their lips and a bright bubblegum pink gaga in the middle.
yucky.gif

Fiberluver

Shontay,

Great
bigheart.gif

Getting ready for VV, huh???
thmbup.gif

I wear shades like Gaga and Myth with bold liners but I blend the heck out of both the liner and the l/s.

My technique:

I lightly line my lips then fill in with the lip pencil. I sometimes use 2 or 3 liners depending on the shade and how much contouring I want to do.

Using a lip brush I place the l/s in the center of my lips only and gently blend.

I then add a gloss on top to add dimension.

IMHO, the right liner and gloss are key.

You have to feel really comfortable pulling off such a look.

Sure, Siss with Cork or Chestnut l/l with a gloss on top is cool for a nude lip but I like adding color - something with a punch!

I don't have Dervish so I can't tell you if it would work with Gaga or not.

I usually use Plum, Magenta, Vino, Currant, Chestnut (lightly) or Cork l/l w/Gaga depending on the look I want to achieve. I bet Beet would be interesting w/Gaga too!

When I went to my local Nordies this afternoon to get my new lippies the MUA was wearing Goes and Goes ProLongwear w/Gaga gloss.

It was smokin', I tell you!

So if you do get the Gaga gloss you might want to try it on first and ask the MUA to hook it up for you!

peachsuns

I edit my post. I love Cyndi lipstick so much now.
cutey.gif
It's so easy to wear and looks juicy! Love the lustre finish with this. (It's not too opaque.) Now, I'm wondering if I should get the Cyndi lipgloss. Does anyone know how long will this collection be online? TIA!

TeresitaMC

for 6 months, til February 2011
smiles.gif

not sure what date in February, the 1st? 28th? I assume it'll be throughout February, if they have enough stock by then.
th_dunno.gif

peachsuns

Thank you, and I know what you mean.
yes.gif

Every time I visit the counter to check this collection, they always miss something.
lol.gif
Today, I actually went there to buy Cyndi lipgloss, but with VV sneak peak and pre-ordering, I totally forgot! But I'm sure I'll get them soon.
cutey.gif
I'm a new Cyndi lipstick fan.
love.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
^ I think Cyndi will look gorgeous on you! I hope you love it.
yes.gif

aw thanks sweetie!
smiles.gif
i'm very excited for it! my work mates were joking with me today that i only spend my money on cosmetics... i tried to prove them wrong but couldn't!
tong.gif
hee hee!

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
the uk will be getting these in october and i'm looking forward to cyndi!
smiles.gif
yay!

NZ will get them after then. i cannot wait to get gaga!

themaczealot

So glad I was able to get gaga gloss, not as good for me as the lippy
but still cute! I'll be sad when the year is up for the lipsticks I have a
one back up but i'm almost done my first one. What is a lil monster to do?
Time for a new emote!

2mlb0y.gif

Jessie May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
NZ will get them after then. i cannot wait to get gaga!

These have been out for a week now at my counter in Wellington!
yes.gif

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie May
These have been out for a week now at my counter in Wellington!
yes.gif

the nearest counter is 5 hours drive from me! so dont get there that often anymore, but i make up for it when i get there
tong.gif

i hope they have some gaga left for me when i get there, when the lippy came out it sold out like hotcakes as lady gaga was about to have her concert in NZ

keijukainen

I got Gaga l/g on Friday
yahoo.gif

I love it so much I almost bought the lipstick too but when I tried it on, I noticed it turns quite lilacy on me and reminded me too much of I like it like that from In the groove.

I'm so happy with the l/g! It looks very pretty on its own, also quite lilacy-pink on me like the Gaga l/s. I love how there's no shimmer in it. I need to try it with other lippies too. Violetta turned into a beautiful blueberry milk color with Gaga on top
bigheart.gif

LittleMaryJane

I wore Cyndi l/g for the second time the other day and I loved it even more. I may have to get a couple backups at some point
th_drool.gif