MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus (Jan 22, 2015)

SassyWonder

I think I may be getting to old for MAC. At my stage in life not sure if I want to be wearing a lippie and someone ask what it is and me say "Viva Glam Miley." Thinking I'll be branching out to other brands next year. Its been fun MAC!

NaomiH

I think I may be getting to old for MAC. At my stage in life not sure if I want to be wearing a lippie and someone ask what it is and me say "Viva Glam Miley." Thinking I'll be branching out to other brands next year. Its been fun MAC!
I'd lie and give it another name. LMAO!

Glamstylz

I don't know about anyone else but I am over the moon about this release! I absolutely love the colors!! :encore:

misfitted

I would've preferred Taylor Swift or Janelle Monae, but both of them were in Cover Girl ads before, so I don't know if that could affect them marketing wise. I love pinks and the lip gloss looks amazing, but Miley as a person is so nasty and shameless. I'll wait for swatches to see if I buy it or not, but so far I like the color choice despite it being an odd one for Miley since she often wears red and nude lipsticks.

It's like when Mac announced the first Rihanna collaboration and many people were against it because of the Chris Brown incident, her flashiness, weed devotion, and being mean on twitter. Yet the same people who bashed her bought nearly all of her stuff from her collaboration with Mac. Same thing went down to a very lesser extent with the Marilyn Monroe collection.

I think everyone universally agrees with you on this.

I'd buy the hell out of Janelle Monae classic red! I can't even entertain Miley Cyrus...

LIMON

I think this was to be expected, Im surprised this didnt launch sooner since she had so much press last year... But I dont understand the color. Its not even something I would see her wearing...

She looks good in a red bold lip, but hot pink? ehhh

NaomiH

I think this was to be expected, Im surprised this didnt launch sooner since she had so much press last year... But I dont understand the color. Its not even something I would see her wearing...

She looks good in a red bold lip, but hot pink? ehhh
I think pink is odd too, you always see her in reds or nudes.

Dolly Snow

I don't care for the finish of the lipstick so that is a skip. However though I am not a gloss girl the lipglass seems promising

Vandekamp

Hello...... I am with you.

CiaoBellaa

The gloss looks like candy
cutey.gif

emmxbee

I agree about the colour being an odd choice for Miley but I actually really like it so I'll definitely be buying it. I'm just glad it's an Amplified and not a Matte or Satin. Whenever I try to wear Viva Glam Nicki I on its own, my lips look so flaky and disgusting even when they're not.

Vandekamp

Me too! Plus I've jumped on the indie train lately and there's no getting off! Hello waffle, fyrinnae, shirocosmetics omg! Now I've discovered indie perfume oils. I'm in trouble.
What is that? I don't think I have ever heard of indie perfume oils.

Vandekamp

Nothing against Miley I just dont relate to her. I have college aged kids. I'm moving more towards classic and timeless. Viva Glam is an amazing campaign but there are other ways to help and give to the cause.
I agree. I just bought the VG lip palette for the holidays. I had one from 4-5 years ago that i have hardly used. I'd like to see them go back to Ru Paul.

crystalzi

What is that? I don't think I have ever heard of indie perfume oils.
I only recently discovered them after stalking the indie makeup reddit forum. Today I'm wearing ghost puffs from hausofgloi.com and I literally smell like marshmallows over a fire yum! I also have samples from tenthreelabs, solsticescents. And queenapothecarybee coming.