MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus (Jan 22, 2015)

ShareeA

Rita Hayworth too
MAC: The Classics Collectors Edition
th_sign_woot.gif

ShareeA

Perfect name too
hatsoff.gif
Someone write to MAC about this. I don't even need credit. Just make it happen. But we'll need a full range of eye shadows, lipsticks, glosses, compact mirrors, barrettes, polishes, and brushes. Hair brushes too so I can get a classic roll. Has MAC done Lucille Ball?

Vandekamp

I am not convinced that Mac cares about what the fans want. They march to the beat of a different drum.

PeachTwist

Lets not get too carried away with the bashing/name calling. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but we don't need it getting out of hand.

Personally, I'm intrigued by the colour. I wouldn't have thought she'd do a hot pink but at the same time red has been done so much for VG I'm glad it's something different. I look forward to swatches and it'll definitely sell like hot cakes.

verorl

I won't be getting this. I don't like Miley, even my 17-year old doesn't like Miley either, and pink is not a good color on me anyway. So more $$$ for the next collection, because all my money ends up with MAC anyway.

NaomiH

Miley has a gazillion fans who will buy it!
Yep. I don't like her one bit, but if it's bringing in a lot of money for a good cause,cool beans. I don't like Rihanna, but I have both of her VG lippies and several from her collections because I liked the colours and wasn't buying them for the celeb name slapped on the tube under the cap. I have a strong dislike of Miley and her antics, but I'm not buying her lipstick or gloss because it's hot pink and I'm not a big pink person in general. If Haylibug wants the gloss will I buy it for her? Yes I will even though seeing Miley on the little display at the counter will send a shiver down my spine. lol

Shars

The things is though, regardless of who they approach, it's still up to the public figure to agree to do the collaboration with MAC. I would hate to think they didn't approach other people in the past and present but maybe some people don't want to be associated. For example, as awesome as a Viva Glam Beyonce would be, I don't see that as something in her "to-do" list. Then we have to look at the fact that MAC is international, so you still need a spokesperson who people all over the world and not just in the West could identify with. Whether we like them or not, every viva glam spokesperson so far are household names and I believe that's what sells at the end of the day.