MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj 2013

MACJunkie85

I'm still enjoying this lipstick and gloss! I need to stop reaching for it and wear all the new lipsticks I have!

jdandray

I ended up buying it on a whim. I'm obsessed with purple, but I must admit that his colour on its own does not work with me. I'm a brunette NW20.

The picture actually doesn't make it look too bad, but it was way to sheer and chalky to me.
I then tried an ombre with Avon Cranberry, which I would not wear on its own either because it's too vampy. I like the way it came out in the end.

I will have to get a lipliner like Magenta to do it decently. The Avon one is giving me a throat ache
worms.gif

I don't think this lippie was a total waste of money. It can be used in so many ways. I think it has potential, I'll just have to get some things from Mac to work with it.
pompom.gif
A decent enough excuse to spend more money on Mac.
I thought it was just me that felt that way. I'm just a tad bit darker than you (NC44/45). But I'm new to the make up game so I haven't tried any liners yet. Maybe I'll pick up a few from NYX to start off as I just can't bring myself to spend so much on pencil. Do you ladies have and NYX liner suggestions that would look good with both of the Nikki l/g since I have both of them? I actually love the other l/g. It comes off as a peachy/coral look on my lips. Not as bright as in the bottle. I'll take a pick when I get home to show off

MACJunkie85

I thought it was just me that felt that way. I'm just a tad bit darker than you (NC44/45). But I'm new to the make up game so I haven't tried any liners yet. Maybe I'll pick up a few from NYX to start off as I just can't bring myself to spend so much on pencil. Do you ladies have and NYX liner suggestions that would look good with both of the Nikki l/g since I have both of them? I actually love the other l/g. It comes off as a peachy/coral look on my lips. Not as bright as in the bottle. I'll take a pick when I get home to show off
I wear NYX Purple liner with mine. I love Thant combination. You can also try NYX Purple Rain.

Copperhead

Perhaps you can also give NYX's Prune lip pencil a try. The long one. I find the long pencil has a bit more purple tone to it than the shorter lip pencil of the same name does.

I found a swatch for you...

http://www.ornatebeautyblog.com/2012/08/nyx-long-lip-pencil-haul.html

I recommend you give this a try with Nicki VG2 but I wouldn't be surprised if it also looked good with Nicki VG1. I wore Nicki VG1 with MAC's Nightmoth and it looked really nice.

ETA: I just realized you said you were looking for pencils to pair with the lipglasses. I only have the VG Nicki lipsticks, not the lipglasses.

LV2EVOLVE

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this. But, I found VGN2 l/s and l/g to pair well with Hip n' Happy l/l underneath.

Miss Dynamite

I thought the Viva Glam lipsticks were supposed to be permanent for a year? But this has been sold out since a couple months after it came out. It's annoying.

Addict4MAC

There was a recent restock on MAC's website but they sold out again and I'm regretting not grabbing a couple.
th_wallbash.gif
If I'm not mistaken, the VG are perm for a year or basically until they announce a new spokesperson.

ETA: I was referring to VGN1.

SandyCervix

I dont think so :( I was looking the other day. I was sad to hear it was gone and really thought it would be here till the end of the year.

trina11225

Well for those down with the dupes untill , you can get Nicki one, wet n wild pinkbell is def a dupe for it.

exteena

I really thought they'd both be available until the end of the year so I waited on getting a back up of the first :(