MAC - Wonder Woman Discussion

MACina

Oh yes.....you should try it with these glosses!

They are close to Wonder Woman l/g and I am sure that these are lovely combos too
thmbup.gif

i may try my cult of cherry gloss over candy yum yum because they seem like similar red glosses!

shontay07108

I bought the Valiant quad today. I still hate the packaging, but the quad is great. I put Groundwork PP on my hand and then laid down the shadows and they showed up beautifully. I can't wait to actually put them on my eye soon.

MACina

I totally agree......Valiant is really a super pretty Quad and I also like the pigmentation of the eyeshadows.
Only Valiant is a little sheer but it is a nice color for the inner V or even as a highlighter!

I bought the Valiant quad today. I still hate the packaging, but the quad is great. I put Groundwork PP on my hand and then laid down the shadows and they showed up beautifully. I can't wait to actually put them on my eye soon.

Ashleybubbles83

glad you got valiant! i thought i was the only one, :)

i'll have to try groundwork with it...i was gonna do mosscape.

Babylard

I got a chance to use lady justice yesterday and I really love it. It doesn't swatch that great, it is really good when you actually use it. I use NYX milk jumbo as a base on top of UDPP and everything showed up pigmented and beautifully. I need to stop listening to reviews. lol I ended up with a beautiful blue toned grey smokey eye with some sparkles. I didn't get tone grey, so this quad really filled the void for me.

nunu

[quote name="Babylard" url="/forum/thread/167723/mac-wonder-woman-discussion/3330#post_2104902"] I got a chance to use lady justice yesterday and I really love it. It doesn't swatch that great, it is really good when you actually use it. I use NYX milk jumbo as a base on top of UDPP and everything showed up pigmented and beautifully. I need to stop listening to reviews. lol I ended up with a beautiful blue toned grey smokey eye with some sparkles. I didn't get tone grey, so this quad really filled the void for me.

[/quote] I'm glad that you got it and that you like it! I completely agree with the bolded area. I find that if i buy stuff based on reviews i don't end up using them. I also feel that whatever works on someone won't neccesarily work for you. Sometimes it's what most reviewers hated is what i liked. I hated the way Chez Chez lame (powder from cham pale) looked in swatches and pictures, i thought that no way it would work on my skintone, but i swatched it and i am in love with it! It's the highlighter i've been looking for.

shontay07108

[quote name="Ashleybubbles83" url="/forum/thread/167723/mac-wonder-woman-discussion/3300#post_2104888"]
glad you got valiant! i thought i was the only one, :)

i'll have to try groundwork with it...i was gonna do mosscape.

[/quote] It should be really pretty with Mosscape, too. Unfortunately, that one was before my time as a make up junkie.

martiangurll

I agree with you on that one--wish I had not listened to the reviews on these quads--I have yet to meet a MAC e/s I could get to work (except maybe Idol Eyes, and I just have not tried hard enough with that one I bet) because the reviews of these WW quads turned me off and I have slowly had to collect all the quads. (Lady Justice will be next!)
To me the quads were great, well coordinated colors and I didn't think they were as chalky as they were reported to be. And very good point about the swatches, they don't look the same on your eye if you use a good primer or base than they do on bare skin!

This is the last time I let weak swatches discourage me from buying an eyeshadow--next time I will make my own choice in person--it is too bad not everyone has that luxury

ladyarwen

All I got was the Pink Power MSF and the Spitfire lipstick, and that cost me over $50 with tax. Good lord...I'm glad I limited myself.

queen_kitty

In my experience putting any eyeshadow on top of a NYX milk jumbo pencil brings it out insanely. Even cheap eyeshadows like covergirl ones that are unpigmented and look bad over just Painterly paint pot (my primer of choice) look gorgeous over NYX milk jumbo pencil. For example, I bought Covergirl Purple Pop in a single because it just looks so gorgeous, does not work very well in practice though. So, the other night I was trying eyeshadows over NYX milk, and this eyeshadow looks so insanely gorgeous! It makes it look almost exactly like it does in the pan. The eyeshadow really sticks to it well! Such a good tool for the eyeshadow you have seriously given up on!

ladyarwen

I love my NYX jumbo pencil in Milk, but I shouldn't have to use it for MAC shadows. Quads normally cost $36, with the WW ones being $40. If MAC expects me to pay that amount, then they better be damn good quality. They should stand out on their own.

BeckyBenett

I love my NYX jumbo pencil in Milk, but I shouldn't have to use it for MAC shadows. Quads normally cost $36, with the WW ones being $40. If MAC expects me to pay that amount, then they better be damn good quality. They should stand out on their own.
tts very true.. bt everyone still used an eyeshadow base.. some of mac's colours are very subtle.. if only they did not require a base, we would save a ton of money..

shontay07108

Just want to say I have worn all 4 shadows from the valiant quad 3 times(including today) and I LOVE it! So gorgeous, and easily fits into Summer or Fall. This is my go to palette. Love, love, love greens. It pops so much with Groundwork PP underneath.