MAC X Beth Ditto Discussion

NinaE

The lipcremes are already on ebay. DD&Boyah look really bright in those pics.

MAC BETH DITTO Collection! Pro Longwear Lipsticks *BNIB [YOU CHOOSE] | eBay

(I can't believe someone already bought three of them at that price
icon_eek.gif
)
sadly it´s not far off regarding the price we have to pay "in store" for this item in my country :(

Mac-Guy

I doubt that very much. I wear bluish toned powders on my cheeks and with my skin showing tru they hardly look blue. lil Blue + a latta pink= bluish pink. then bluish pink + lil yellow= pink!
totally doable. I sure hope so cos if i have to be picky about usage i wont buy it.
Maybe check it out in the store so you can swatch it yourself. Most stores will have the collection in the back room.

Let us know how swirling worked for you. It didn't for me.

martiangurll

Maybe check it out in the store so you can swatch it yourself. Most stores will have the collection in the back room.

Let us know how swirling worked for you. It didn't for me.
What happened when you swirled?

I was almost back on board for Powder to the People because the powders are so pigmented, I would use the turquoise, the pink, and the yellow (which looks gorgeous) as e/s.

MRV

I think we have not seen these swatches yet:

http://www.u-style.com.tw/topic/view/10718

Mac-Guy

What happened when you swirled?

I was almost back on board for Powder to the People because the powders are so pigmented, I would use the turquoise, the pink, and the yellow (which looks gorgeous) as e/s.
It just looked "wrong," in particular as the colors are so pigmented, which cause the brush to pick up the different colors rather than blending them together. But as it is not meant to be swirled, I'm not surprised. :)

I still like the idea of a multi-use palette, though small brush and tiny, precise movements are necessary to get the color you want (especially for the blush - not so much for the e/s). If you liked the AoP palettes, you will probably like TTP as well - if not, you are probably better off skipping it to avoid disappointment.

martiangurll

It just looked "wrong," in particular as the colors are so pigmented, which cause the brush to pick up the different colors rather than blending them together. But as it is not meant to be swirled, I'm not surprised. :)

I still like the idea of a multi-use palette, though small brush and tiny, precise movements are necessary to get the color you want (especially for the blush - not so much for the e/s). If you liked the AoP palettes, you will probably like TTP as well - if not, you are probably better off skipping it to avoid disappointment.
Maybe this is why none of the bloggers are swirling it. Le sigh, maybe T will do it, before she goes digging for gold. I don't have the AoP to compare, hoping I can score those later when funds are in more abundance, but I am still loving the bright colors for e/s. I don't have a great turquoise or a nice bright yellow, so this will be like a quint for me (with way more pink than I can use in a lifetime, but I love pink, so its all good)
flower.gif

LV2EVOLVE

Hmm... Did I miss something? Or, is there actually a pencil that has mauve on one end and like a steel shade on the other? I see it in one photo, but not the other. This is a great collection for people that are on project no pan.
yahoo.gif

Genn

Hmm... Did I miss something? Or, is there actually a pencil that has mauve on one end and like a steel shade on the other? I see it in one photo, but not the other. This is a great collection for people that are on project no pan.
yahoo.gif
I wish they would actually show that one. Its one of the main things I want besides beth mask but its not clear if its in the collection or not.