MAC X Beth Ditto Discussion

agatamanosa

Hey girls,
swatches: here

second photo: swirled - on my cheeks like a bronzer! ( be carefull with blue tones, blend thoroughly !)

and blue pigment on my eyes

Audrey C

Quote: Originally Posted by agatamanosa

Something wrong with my photos here , so you must see swatches on my blog.

Second photo - swirled all together, be carefful with blue (!blend thoughly) - on my cheeks looks like a brozner:)

blue dot on my eyes:)

I'm guessing you just enabled a whole lotta people.
lol.gif

Richelle83

Quote: Originally Posted by agatamanosa

Something wrong with my photos here , so you must see swatches.

Second photo - swirled all together, be carefful with blue (!blend thoughly) - on my cheeks looks like a brozner:)

blue dot on my eyes:)

See that doesn't look bad at all!

Some people will probably think it's too much work and pass on it still.

mac_aiken

Saw this just a few minutes ago. Writer gives her thoughts about what happened when she swirled it together but doesn't include a pic of that.

http://beauty-gazette.com/2012/05/21/makeup-beth-dittos-mac-powder-to-the-people/

Richelle83

Saw this just a few minutes ago. Writer gives her thoughts about what happened when she swirled it together but doesn't include a pic of that.

http://beauty-gazette.com/2012/05/21/makeup-beth-dittos-mac-powder-to-the-people/
Awesome so now two people confirm swirled equals bronzer!

lilinah

I missed the phone call from my local MAC mua enabler yesterday, that the Beth Ditto collection was in the back room for pre-sale - somehow my phone had stayed in my bed, where i found it last night and heard her message. Rushed down today to check it out as soon as the shop opened. The collection was a disappointment for me.

Powder To The People was too matte for me and when i swirled the pink base with the orange and yellow it was just too orange. Given all that, i didn't even try to swirl 'em all together. Sorry :-(

The Shade & Smoke Shadow/Liners were not very creamy and were difficult for me to put on my somewhat sensitive eyes, dragging and pulling. The finish was almost matte and they were highly pigmented, but i prefer at least a hint of shimmer (i reserve matte for my crease). "Beth Mask", the bronze and peach one i was excited about, just made me look bruised, so then i tried "Drag, Strip", the navy and pale blue - not my thing, really, but it looked much better and opened up my eyes. "Beth or Glory" was dark matte brown and deep rich royal blue, not really for me. I didn't bother with the black and white one. And there was no grey & pink one - just a fifth empty spot.

Of the Pro Longwear Lip Cremes i only tested two. I don't do bright orange or bright fuchsia/neon pink, so i skipped "Booyah!" and "Dear Diary". I have a LOT of plum lip products and "Heart Hangover" didn't look all that different, so i didn't bother. I did test "You're Perfect Already", the neutral pale pink, and "Love Long Distance", the light mauve. YPA was too orange on me and too pale, so i passed. LLD, however, was almost like a nude lip, just a bit bluer than my own, so i pre-saled it.

I know Zoom Fast Lash is not some people's favorite mascara, but i've really been dying for a purple, so i tested - with discardable spoolies, of course - both "Plum Reserve", a nice dark violet-purple, and "New Hue", a dark burgundy. Didn't try the navy 'cuz i don't wear navy anything. The mascara lengthened my lashes, didn't clump, and thickened them a little - not major drama, but nice enough. So i pre-saled them both.

I had already purchased "Nightmoth" Lip Pencil last month. I looked at "In Synch" which turned out to be too light. So that was that - only 2 mascaras and one lip creme for me.

However, the Casual Colour Lip and Cheek Cremes were also in... oh, yeah!

martiangurll

Hey girls,
swatches: here

second photo: swirled - on my cheeks like a bronzer! ( be carefull with blue tones, blend thoroughly !)

and blue pigment on my eyes

thank you for swirling and swatching! it looks great on you
if I get TTP powder, I may go ahead with Your Perfect Already. Unless its a Pervette dupe!

liba

i only see one picture of your fingers not blended
I swirled it all today - it was sort of a cold brick color, not very nice, plus it made a real mess of the pan, with dust every which way. This one is seriously for people who buy makeup to look at and not use.
nocomment.gif

Prettypackages

I swirled it all today - it was sort of a cold brick color, not very nice, plus it made a real mess of the pan, with dust every which way. This one is seriously for people who buy makeup to look at and not use.
nocomment.gif
ok cool... I'm all good.

liba

I actually like it. ~backing away slowly~ It was mentioned in hey sailor, and i have to agree with the other poster, I like Matte bronzers better.
Hehe, as one of the few folks who liked Big Bounce shadows, I say never be afraid to like what you like! It's your money and your face....you're the boss!
specktra_rocks.gif

paparazziboy

to be honest i hate the powder it goes really grey on me and im nw 20 its not something i would use ever i would only want it to look pretty its not something i would use. i wasn't impressed when i saw it months ago now was i when i got in at the counter this week.

peachsuns

nocomment.gif
This collection is a skip for me.
th_thstars.gif

OctoberViolet

Thank you, paparazziboy for your honest opinion on the powder. This is a skip for me. I am still holding off buying until the Fall/Winter collections come out. Been doing pretty good folks. It's really not easy to resist looking at beautiful stuff.
to be honest i hate the powder it goes really grey on me and im nw 20 its not something i would use ever i would only want it to look pretty its not something i would use. i wasn't impressed when i saw it months ago now was i when i got in at the counter this week.