MAC X Guo Pei Collection (Sep 24 / October 1, 2015)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
So is this a couture collection? I love the packaging but I can't afford $70 powders and quads lol. I guess if I was gonna pick up anything I would get a brush so I know that I'll have it forever.
Yes, I'm sure it is.

I definitely want a compact, though. Maybe a lipstick and the brush is tempting as well, but I have a hard time buying MAC brushes these days because I know I can get better quality at Hakuhodo.
I would get crazy excited for this collection because I absolutely love the packaging, but I'm holding back since this will most likely be super exclusive here, if we get it at all.

pinkpaint

Yes, I'm sure it is.

I definitely want a compact, though. Maybe a lisptick and the brush is tempting as well, but I have a hard time buying MAC brushes these days because I know I can get better quality at Hakuhodo.
I would get crazy excited for this collection because I absolutely love the packaging, but I'm holding back since this will most likely be super exclusive here, if we get it at all.
Yeah, the compacts are the prettiest. But then I know I would be buying it just for the packaging lol. I'm not too big on powders. At least we'll have until October to save up.

Hope you'll be able to get everything you want when this does come out, Nay.

allthingsmakeup

Very fancy pantsy
eyelove.gif
with probably ditto price tag.

DMcG9

Yes, I'm sure it is.

I definitely want a compact, though. Maybe a lipstick and the brush is tempting as well, but I have a hard time buying MAC brushes these days because I know I can get better quality at Hakuhodo.
I totally agree on the brushes.

This collection's packaging looks amazing and beautiful. It might have the potential to break my rule of not buying for packaging BUT on the other hand that will probably be tempered by how good the products are. This collection is a "wait and see" for me because it'll most likely be a skip when it comes down to the combination of price, product quality, and how much I really want this packaging.

Ninahita

oh wowww....beautiful packaging...just up my alley...i'd like the brush if its not too overpriced...it just looks so gorgeous...maybe the pink blush as well?
heart.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I totally agree on the brushes.

This collection's packaging looks amazing and beautiful. It might have the potential to break my rule of not buying for packaging BUT on the other hand that will probably be tempered by how good the products are. This collection is a "wait and see" for me because it'll most likely be a skip when it comes down to the combination of price, product quality, and how much I really want this packaging.
The quality defnitely needs to be there. Even though I'll be buying mainly for the packaging, I can't justify it if the blush or powder is chalky, dry etc. It would be great if both compacts were refillable and you could just put any blush or powder pan in there, that would make the purchase a lot more reasonable. I know you can usually reuse the couture powder compacts, but I don't know if that was ever the case with blush ones as well.

BTW the lipglass looks like it has lots of shimmer, wonder if it's a Dazzleglass. And I guess the brush is the 129?

MACina

Guo Pei, China’s most esteemed haute couturier brings her legendary elegance to M•A•C in an inspired collection of hues, merging vibrant jewel tones with lush neutrals, punctuated by deep graphite. Online and in stores later this year!

thud.gif
....whoaaaaaaaa......the packaging is stunning
jawdrop.gif

The Quad and the blush
eyelove.gif

And the brush
heart.gif

The fluidline (?) looks divine as well
flower.gif

Sooooooooooo excited
clapping.gif

mimi0701

I think this is even more beautiful than the Prabal collection. Going to start saving my pennies for this one.
heart.gif

Vicieux Rose

I'm so tempted by the brush but LE brushes just don't have the quality to justify their price, eventhough they are really pretty.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm so tempted by the brush but LE brushes just don't have the quality to justify their price, eventhough they are really pretty.
This is not like the SE brushes that come in a set, so I think it should be the same quality as the perm version.

BeautyFan55

The packaging for this is pretty. I hope I find a reason to get a compact for this collection. I would love to have a mirror in that packaging.

Latest posts