MAC x Rihanna Collection Discussion (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaidan

Despite all the drama surrounding Rihanna, this will collection will definitely sell. Tbh, I'm not surprised that she and MAC are collaborating because she's been a well-known long-term MAC customer and she really likes the brand. Plus, she's also a successful cash-cow pop artist singer who has a large fandom and a lot of name and style recognition atm. I think she's a way better choice than let's say, Miley Cyrus, the Kardashian sisters, coughJ.locough, or heck even Lindsay Lohan to put a name out there. I do like some of her catchy songs (when they're not overplayed to death), but her personality is insufferable. If I were to choose not to buy from this simply because it's Rihanna and let Chris Brown or her fascination for weed be the first things to pop out of my mind whenever her name is mentioned, then I wouldn't have bought anything from the Marilyn Monroe collection because she sure as hell wasn't a saint worth of devotion back then.

At least the makeup (which is the main point of the collection) so far looks really good; way better than the horror show of a fashion line she made recently. I'm looking forward for more of the lipsticks (mostly if they're matte, satin, or amp. creme) and perhaps the brush.

aradhana

I'm not a fan of Rihanna, I'm not into the packaging...too flashy flash. so it comes down to the products for me. I hope they'll still have regular collections though, and RiRi will be a bonus for the fans?

latoyamo83

Despite all the drama surrounding Rihanna, this will collection will definitely sell. Tbh, I'm not surprised that she and MAC are collaborating because she's been a well-known long-term MAC customer and she really likes the brand. Plus, she's also a successful cash-cow pop artist singer who has a large fandom and a lot of name and style recognition atm. I think she's a way better choice than let's say, Miley Cyrus, the Kardashian sisters, coughJ.locough, or heck even Lindsay Lohan to put a name out there. I do like some of her catchy songs (when they're not overplayed to death), but her personality is insufferable. If I were to choose not to buy from this simply because it's Rihanna and let Chris Brown or her fascination for weed be the first things to pop out of my mind whenever her name is mentioned, then I wouldn't have bought anything from the Marilyn Monroe collection because she sure as hell wasn't a saint worth of devotion back then.

At least the makeup (which is the main point of the collection) so far looks really good; way better than the horror show of a fashion line she made recently. I'm looking forward for more of the lipsticks (mostly if they're matte, satin, or amp. creme) and perhaps the brush.
Thank you and very well said!!!!! Love this post!

peachsuns

I love the rose-gold packaging.
th_drool.gif
I can't wait for more info about the collection!
Hope there will be enough stock for all of us.
eeksign.gif

ChosenOne

Heard about this collaboration early this morning and lo and behold, Mac-Guy was on point (as usual) and had a thread going already! I'm not a fan of Rihanna or her music, personally. I like one or two of her songs, but that's about it. So I'm not really excited for this collection. If she does a VG and I love the color, then I would buy it because it's for a good cause. But from what I'm seeing right now, definitely a pass for me. Thank goodness I can pass on something this spring/summer!

ladyarwen

I'm back and forth on Rihanna as an artist (I'm currently LOVING her song "Stay"), but there's no doubt the packaging is lush. That means it'll be expensive as hell though.

That1980sGirl

The more people that skip this the less people there will be to compete against to order!
smiles.gif
I love Rihanna and I'm so excited for these collections, I like how they've split everything into four collections
smiles.gif
th_yawn.gif
girl please wait and see how fast this stuff is gone. They are NOT skipping jack

KMQE716

I'm so glad to see people's opinions where they touch on her personal decisions....because there have been others that MAC have promoted and collaborated with and they were not picture perfect. None of us are perfect for that matter, so how would you feel if you were moving forward and big in your career and people was still stuck on the past and discouraged you? just makes me sad to hear. But heyyyyy more lipstick and brushes and stuff for the rest of us.

I'm just super excited to see that Rihanna actually worked along with them and tested this stuff on all types of people as well to know that it would work for all, it's evident that does not work that way with other LE things (coughcoughPinkFridaycoughcough) lol

KMQE716

Also im really liking the packaging! it is very Diana Ross-esque which i think was one of the best packaging that MAC has promoted!

MaitaiFluff

I'm so glad to see people's opinions where they touch on her personal decisions....because there have been others that MAC have promoted and collaborated with and they were not picture perfect. None of us are perfect for that matter, so how would you feel if you were moving forward and big in your career and people was still stuck on the past and discouraged you? just makes me sad to hear. But heyyyyy more lipstick and brushes and stuff for the rest of us. I'm just super excited to see that Rihanna actually worked along with them and tested this stuff on all types of people as well to know that it would work for all, it's evident that does not work that way with other LE things (coughcoughPinkFridaycoughcough) lol  
:lol: So subtle. I actually find it really neat that she tried her RiRi Woo on her friends to make sure it was universally friendly on all skin types. She may not be the best role model, but I still find her to be a very talented individual so it makes me happy to see actually put lots of effort in creating this collection.

vaisforluvrs

I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of Rihanna (her music, lifestyle, etc.) but I am not against buying things from this collection. In the end, it's the makeup that matters to me. But if someone decides not to buy it for whatever reason (her choices, the color swatches, etc), I am not going to judge them nor tell them how they should proceed to make their decisions.

I've really been struggling with that issue this week because everywhere I go on the 'net, it seems that people are telling people how to live their lives, and that their way is the best way. This community is not immune to that, I see, as posters are saying that you should avoid the collection if you don't like Rihanna or you shouldn't base your choice on her character. And I'm sure people will say I'm hypocritical for choosing to buy her products even though I don't agree with her life decisions. That's fine if you believe that, but please don't tell me or anyone that we're wrong for the decisions that we choose to make because those are opinions, not facts. Different Strokes for Different Folks!

cocofiere

I won't be going crazy over this that's for sure, do to price and I'm not really a fan. With her style I'm sure there will be some colors I'll be into when it comes to the Lippies. Especially the fall release . I can keep her personal life seperate from make up though, maybe it's just me but Marilyn Monroe was definitely no saint lol
Amen! I, for one, am glad MAC realized they should use/work with someone whose makeup people actually like and want to replicate. I still can't understand why they push NMinaj, queen of clownish makeup (the insanely obvious nose contouring annoys me) and Tyrone Biggums lip colors. She's no RuPaul, LOL.
rant.gif

I'm impressed that Rihanna actually is familiar with the company's earlier lines and the product finishes, etc. and I applaud her saying she wants it to suit all skin tones. That is one of the main issues we have (fair-med-deep-dark), when making decisions on these different collections that come out, like the should I or shouldn't I (?) re: the AG PearlMattes.
Re: the other issues that have been mentioned, I am not a fan of all her music, etc. but I was once in my 20's and that's the time when you're apt to make questionable dating choices. Not everyone's past includes a physically abusive person but most have dated/re-dated a knucklehead of some sort so I'm trying not to be too hard on the girl. It's her lesson to learn, not anyone else's. IMHO

DILLIGAF

I'm looking forward to seeing what RiRi Woo looks like. Also the packaging is lovely.Luvlydee is right I do love her makeup. Like other ladies have said already get what you want if you want to get something. If not don't. I think someone else said it best when they said we all make mistakes. Just that in this case the entire world gets to see hers.

Shadowy Lady

Oh this sounds promising! I love Rihanna's songs and makeup so I'm interested. But why are o many if you guys not liking her? I admit I don't follow any sort of celebrity news so I'm clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts