MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

XxMoOmOoxX

I went to my MAC counter tonight and I swatched the PearlMatte Powders and they are so smooth. They're not gritty or glittery at all. I bought Flower Fantasy, which leans more coral. I got to take pictures first (for my blog) before I can play around with it, though.

UrbanSweetheart

I'm sooooo late to the party..this is my first time seeing this thread! lol! hey guys ^_^
Today I bought the Aloha crushed pgiments, and let me just say, I'm in L-O-V-E! I love all four colors! I have the gold pigment on my lids right now over a black base..Can we say "AWESOME SAUCE"?! I'll try to take pics, but I have horrible lighting at the moment =\

PixieDancer

OOOoooo, I want to see! I've been on the fence about this stack. It was really the only one I was interested in, but still haven't grabbed it yet...
I could use the enabling! HeeHee POST A PIC!!

I'm sooooo late to the party..this is my first time seeing this thread! lol! hey guys ^_^
Today I bought the Aloha crushed pgiments, and let me just say, I'm in L-O-V-E! I love all four colors! I have the gold pigment on my lids right now over a black base..Can we say "AWESOME SAUCE"?! I'll try to take pics, but I have horrible lighting at the moment =\

Richelle83

Fingers are really a good way for these. Vintagetacky did a tutorial on the surf baby stacks awhile ago and she used her fingers and also a stiff brush. The only issue I have with these is finding the right base. I heard that those bouncy shadows worked great with those so if u find them at a cco grab them. I will try grabbing them myself or u can use an eyehsadow on top of your base before applying them. Might get this stack but after seeing more swatches on WOC.
I don't think you will see too many WOC swatches of Butterfly Party. So far when you google it my swatches are all you see lol. Today I used a brush similar to the 242 and it worked brilliantly. Also used Pixy Epoxy and that helped them stay in place very well even Moss Garden which is a little eh turned out great.

sherm

Ohhhh that sounds awesome! I picked up Butterfly Party today but Aloha was the one I was first drawn to. I don't know why I never thought of putting them over a contrasting base for even more effect! What a great idea
clap.gif

shontay07108

I learned the hard way from the too cute collection that plushglass makes my lips sting. So, that's out for me. I looked at the face powders and surprisingly, the pinkish one looked better on my skin. I left it behind, but I was impressed with it. The only thing I walked away with was Black Liner p/g. It's gorgeous. I don't know why I never got around to buying it before.

PixieDancer

The P/G's are SO correctly named... They are smooth and just "glide" onto the skin beautifully! I grabbed 3. I see these quickly becoming a HG item for me. Have only used them on my upper lashline, since I'm a little concerned they will drive my eyes crazy on the lower. Let us know how you like them!

I learned the hard way from the too cute collection that plushglass makes my lips sting. So, that's out for me. I looked at the face powders and surprisingly, the pinkish one looked better on my skin. I left it behind, but I was impressed with it. The only thing I walked away with was Black Liner p/g. It's gorgeous. I don't know why I never got around to buying it before.

shontay07108

The P/G's are SO correctly named... They are smooth and just "glide" onto the skin beautifully!  I grabbed 3.  I see these quickly becoming a HG item for me.  Have only used them on my upper lashline, since I'm a little concerned they will drive my eyes crazy on the lower. Let us know how you like them!
Oh, I love the p/g's. I have several. I just don't know why I passed on Black Line before. I think I just forgot to go back for it. I like that because it glides on so well and is so pigmented, I can get the thinnest line ever. I really don't like thick liner, especially on me. I've tried putting it on the lower lash before and it's fine, but b/c I can get carried away down there, it drifted into the waterline. That caused a bit of an itch!

UrbanSweetheart

Ohhhh that sounds awesome! I picked up Butterfly Party today but Aloha was the one I was first drawn to. I don't know why I never thought of putting them over a contrasting base for even more effect! What a great idea
clap.gif
flower.gif

I actually ordered the BP piggie stack online! The colors look too perfect for Spring to pass up! I'm still waiting for its arrival though. However, I saw Aloha while waiting in line at my local Mac counter, and it was love at first sight!

Thia Winter

OHHHHH I am IN LOVE with the Butterfly Party stack!!! It's right up my alley and I used all the colors in a look today....they're a bit easier to work with than the Glitter and ice ones for me, maybe I'm just getting used to them IDK....

Also picked up Industrial and Undercurrent. I've never gotten a chance to get them before, thank GOD they're perm now since I'd be certainly backing them up if they weren't! I've never seen a color similar to Industrial before. As for Undercurrent, UD Junkie from the travel set is close but not exact imo. Undercurrent is much richer and deeper with gold sparks that show up MUCH better. Junkie is a little bluer though, and a little lighter.

Today I used undercurrent as a base under the color raindrop (the deep teal) from the butterfly party stack....Raindrop is almost dead on undercurrent imo. Very Very close anyway.

Still looking forward to my appointment tomorrow for the event...I just wanted to be sure to get the things I couldn't live without!

Pinkdollface

OHHHHH I am IN LOVE with the Butterfly Party stack!!! It's right up my alley and I used all the colors in a look today....they're a bit easier to work with than the Glitter and ice ones for me, maybe I'm just getting used to them IDK....

Also picked up Industrial and Undercurrent. I've never gotten a chance to get them before, thank GOD they're perm now since I'd be certainly backing them up if they weren't! I've never seen a color similar to Industrial before. As for Undercurrent, UD Junkie from the travel set is close but not exact imo. Undercurrent is much richer and deeper with gold sparks that show up MUCH better. Junkie is a little bluer though, and a little lighter.

Today I used undercurrent as a base under the color raindrop (the deep teal) from the butterfly party stack....Raindrop is almost dead on undercurrent imo. Very Very close anyway.

Still looking forward to my appointment tomorrow for the event...I just wanted to be sure to get the things I couldn't live without!
I was thinking of doing this combination myself when i get my Butterfly Party stack. Glad to hear they work so nice together.

martiangurll

I'm thinking about pressing the crushed metal pigments and see if they work better!

It isn't really my nature to anti-enable but Christine says the texture is about the same, except for the Aloha stack which is the easiest to work with, evidently. HTH

Of course you have to take her advice with a grain of salt, I got the WW quads and I did not find them nearly as chalky as I expect to based on her reviews.

lyseD

Used Confetti today. If anyone is wondering about it's pigmentation it is light but it definitely shows corally/orange on me.

xasperadastra

It isn't really my nature to anti-enable but Christine says the texture is about the same, except for the Aloha stack which is the easiest to work with, evidently. HTH

Of course you have to take her advice with a grain of salt, I got the WW quads and I did not find them nearly as chalky as I expect to based on her reviews.

I have Surf baby pigments and I have no problems with them ^^ but I use compact eyeshadows more, .... a lot more!! so I'm thinking about pressing the crushed ones because are more difficult to use.. anyway I'm going to buy butterfly party for sure ^^

martiangurll

I have Surf baby pigments and I have no problems with them ^^ but I use compact eyeshadows more, .... a lot more!! so I'm thinking about pressing the crushed ones because are more difficult to use.. anyway I'm going to buy butterfly party for sure ^^

I have been reading about them and it sounds like if you smoosh them first then apply with fingers or a stiff brush and pat them on, they stay. Pixie Epoxy from Fyrinnae and the Big Bounce shadows evidently help them stay put also. Hey, who woulda thunk there would be something good with the big bounce shadows?

SweetSarah

The Aloha stack is easier to work with than the Glitter and Ice pigments. Love it.

And I just bought Butterfly Dream plushglass. It is soooooo pretty. The shimmer is just gorgeous.