MAC Year of the Snake Collection Discussion (February 2013)

BunnyHeffner

Thanks doll. I broke down all the powders about a week ago, and have gone over it many times. I'm tired.
I know! Poor girl!
th_cheerup.gif
There seems to be a lot of confusion with everyone and the pearlmattes vs. beauty powders. (Myself included! Although between you and MacGuy I think I've got it straight!) I think it's mainly because beauty powders have been around forever, (and are well loved) and the pearlmattes are a relatively new addition. (Before Archie I think they were only presented 2 other times and neither time were that spectacular) I know from your previous posts that you aren't a huge fan of the pearlmattes, but I think Veronica's Blush and Flatter Me are better than their predecessors. Hopefully as we go along people will get more and more familiar with them because it seems like MAC is really on a pearlmatte kick this year!

erine1881

I haven't had any success finding my fan brush...and I lent my duofiber to someone and never got it back :unsure: ...Soooo, looks like I'm brush shopping.  I can't really afford a new 187 right now so I may just try to sneak by with a cheap fan in the meantime. At least it will allow me to play with my Shell Pearl and make sure I love it as much as you all do! I know! Poor girl! :support: There seems to be a lot of confusion with everyone and the pearlmattes vs. beauty powders. (Myself included! Although between you and MacGuy I think I've got it straight!) I think it's mainly because beauty powders have been around forever, (and are well loved) and the pearlmattes are a relatively new addition. (Before Archie I think they were only presented 2 other times and neither time were that spectacular) I know from your previous posts that you aren't a huge fan of the pearlmattes, but I think Veronica's Blush and Flatter Me are better than their predecessors. Hopefully as we go along people will get more and more familiar with them because it seems like MAC is really on a pearlmatte kick this year!
For highlighting, i do recommend the 188 over the 187, so that'll save ya a bit of money. I prefer the 187 just for setting powder and bronzer. But that's just me. Yes the two previous PMs before blew chunks! It definitely sounds like these are much better. I'm just tired of so many different types of powders that do similar things. There's no need for 5+ powders, from the same company, that highlight. It's too much!

BunnyHeffner

Yes the two previous PMs before blew chunks! It definitely sounds like these are much better. I'm just tired of so many different types of powders that do similar things. There's no need for 5+ powders, from the same company, that highlight. It's too much!
I totally agree! I think this newest batch of pearlmattes really almost perform as beauty powders which makes the whole thing much more confusing! I think that maybe they are classifying them as pearlmattes because they have multiple shades (as do the pearlmattes in Baking Beauties) where as the beauty powders have only one...Who knows what MAC is thinking!

Thanks for the advice on a brush. I have a Nordstrom gift card that should cover the 188 so I think I'll give that a try...if I'm brave enough to go near the MAC counter tomorrow during the Archie launch!

Hay Mich

Just saw that! Did you use a free shipping code? None of them are working for me. Anyone have a new one I can try?

AniBEE

Thanks for posting this! Do you think this will show up as a faint blush on an NC 20?
It should if you build the colour. It's super light with this, you can get a nice glow and pale hint of pink from it one but nor so much a noticeable blush but you can tell you have a flush to the skin.

For me it's great as it give a hint of something that could work with any eye look.

ladyarwen

I've got OUAT on the inner thirds of the eyelids and browbone with Aztec Brick on the rest. Altered State is in the creases, and Shell Pearl is on the cheeks.

kaira

Very pretty look!!
It should if you build the colour. It's super light with this, you can get a nice glow and pale hint of pink from it one but nor so much a noticeable blush but you can tell you have a flush to the skin.

For me it's great as it give a hint of something that could work with any eye look.

Violasphere

I just tried on Freckletone! O.M.G. It's so pretty and moisturizing! How has this not been in my life?! P.S. I used it with oak lip liner

Violasphere

Haven't received my order and I can't even track it :/
Um..yah. I ordered the pro paint pots on the 24th and still haven't received them. Received YOTS & Archie's Girls that I placed after and still nada. I didn't receive tracking either. I called them two days ago and said if it hasn't arrived by the 14th then they can do something about it.

cindypltnm81

46b12e41_image.jpeg
08d8f8ab_image.jpeg
6778b241_image.jpeg
Very beautiful Mac Shell Pearl on deeper skin tone. It's very sheer, but I strongly believe it will look beautiful on any skin tone.

valkolak

I finally got my DLG today and it's just straight up ugly pink in me ::dies::
th_wallbash.gif
. I have an urgent need for Nyx Purple Rain now. I will say this lippie is incredibly smooth. Feels like a much more expensive lipstick.

kimbunney

I just got my goodies tonight. I haven't had a chance to play but Shell Pearl is beautiful, I swatched it just a little but it didn't seem like it would be an issue as a highlight for WOC, but that's just my opinion.