Make Up For Ever Hd Makeup on WOC

Purplegloss9

Re: Make Up For Ever Hd Makeup

okay...yup imma give this a try..y'all are just raving about this thing so I know its gotta be good! I'm an NC50 so it looks like I should be trying out #175.....im attacking the counter today!!
yahoo.gif

Thanks ladies! I'll let u know how it goes.....it better give me that Diva look..hahaha
th_LMAO.gif

ClaireAvril

Um Hi..

I FINALLY got a sample of MUFE HD foundation after fighting with the girl @ the counter then calling MUFE head office to prove that the counter should be giving out samples.
Anyway.. I am wearing the HD foundation right this moment.. don't know the shade.. think its the second darkest.. love it! And even though I had a bad experience and that counter I will be purchasing it when I am done with the MAC studio fix liquid.

C

nicemeka

I went to the Sephora in Pentagon City, and they gave me a sample. I'm NW45 she matched me up with 178 in MUFE.

bebe_tc

This is one of the best foundations I've try and in conjunction w/ the HD powder is super the colors are great and they have a great variety to choose !!!

GoldenGirl

I'm an NC 50 as well and oddly enough, 178 is the one that looks best on me. 175 and 177 looked like masks. I went to the MUFE boutique and tried them out, and the MUA color matched me to 177. She gave me a sample to take home, but the next morning when I put it on.. mask. I already had a sample of 178 from sephora (oddly enough the MUFE boutique didn't have this shade.. she didn't even mention it. She only had 177 and then 180) and 178 was a perfect match I thought. I only wore it for a few hours, so I didn't get a chance to see any oxidation, but I'm gonna give it another go on Friday night when I go out and pics will be taken.

I'm a little wary about purchasing though because I'm having some issues with foundations giving me these teeny tiny little bumps on my face by the end of the day. I don't know what that's all about. I'm thinking a trip to a dermatologist is in order if this keeps up.

Kaycee37

I'm NC-45 and Sephora gave me a sample of 175... Love this product
yahoo.gif
I need to experiment more with the powder. I purchased the powder but haven't used it enough to draw a solid conculsion. I tend to like loose powders (I use loose blot or MUFE super matte), they feel good on the skin. This HD powder has a different feel, but I will try again in the next couple of days. I find the Mac Studio Fix Fluid heavy, this didn't feel heavy to me at all!
HTH's

d n d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemeka
I went to the Sephora in Pentagon City, and they gave me a sample. I'm NW45 she matched me up with 178 in MUFE.

So was this a good match? I wear NW45 too but we don't have a Sephora where I live so I am not sure which color I would get.

damsel

i bought this foundation a few months ago and i've been loving it. seriously, it's the best foundation i have tried to date. i love that you only need a small amount to provide great coverage. i usually use 2 pumps and i'm good to go. i'm nc50 and i picked this up in 177. it looks very natural, almost like a 2nd skin. i used to use studio fix [powder or liquid] and it always felt heavy, like there was something on my face. this does not do that. it also does not break me out like studio fix did. i adore this stuff!

d n d

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
i bought this foundation a few months ago and i've been loving it. seriously, it's the best foundation i have tried to date. i love that you only need a small amount to provide great coverage. i usually use 2 pumps and i'm good to go. i'm nc50 and i picked this up in 177. it looks very natural, almost like a 2nd skin. i used to use studio fix [powder or liquid] and it always felt heavy, like there was something on my face. this does not do that. it also does not break me out like studio fix did. i adore this stuff!

Is this good for oily skin too? The only MAC foundation that works for me is Studio Tech but it tends to be really greasy towards the end of the day which really looks and feels gross. I need a foundation that will stay put and not break me out!

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d
Is this good for oily skin too? The only MAC foundation that works for me is Studio Tech but it tends to be really greasy towards the end of the day which really looks and feels gross. I need a foundation that will stay put and not break me out!

i happen to have oily skin. i use prep + prime spf 50 under my foundation. if my face gets oily towards the end the day i just blot it and my foundation stays intact. i want to try their all mat primer thought, because i heard it was suppose to be good for oil-control. i will say this, when i used studio fix my face would be ridiculously oily in an hour. i don't have this problem with the hd.

NaturalT

Oky in sort of in a rut. I purchased the 173 shade on friday after I got color tested at Sephora. It looked great in the light and in the day light however when I took a flash picture, I got a very bright ashy, demarcation on the jawline look :-(. I thought that it may have been the HD powder (which is wonderful!!) but it was really the foundation. It feels great on the skin and I can't wait to use it in the cooler weather but im worried about what shade to get since the 175 seems to dark and red and the 177 which is yellow based would be wayy to dark.

I tried the 173 with MSF dark today and the charged water to blend and it seems to look pretty good together. I will get lighter in the winter but I really dont want to look ashy/ pasty! Any suggestions?

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
I'm going to get the smashbox HD foundation ...to have a lighter version of an HD foundation, because MUFE is tooooooooo much for my skin...:/...even the MA was telling me.
smashbox is amazingly light weight ..check it out.

Then she probably didn't apply it correctly, because even though it's a full coverage makeup, it's an invisible finish with a featherlight texture. So if you could see it or feel it on the skin to the point where you could say it was too much for your skin, she either applied the wrong color or applied it very heavily. Also applying it without the primer underneath causes it to tug across the natural texture of the skin, and to correct that people just use more of the makeup.

Every client I've matched and applied it to absolutely loves it! It's the best shade range we've had since Becca (RIP), and I encourage everyone to try it, at least get a color match and wear it for a few hours and see how you like it. But it's really a 3-step process; you need the primer and the powder to get the full flawless effect of it. And I like to apply it with the Nylon Kabuki Brush. It's pricey but worth it, because it doesn't absorb the makeup into the the bristles, and it lays down the foundation very very evenly and buffs it in for an airbrushed look. IMO you get better coverage w/ the nylon kabuki than with the 187 or any variation of a stippling brush because it's dense.

MacAddict_Sami

I love this product, It doesn't ever feel caked on to me... I am an NC45 and I was matched to 173...

Kaycee37

Okay I went to Sepora to purchase the foundation and ended up purchasing #173 rather than #175. It matches my neck and doesn't appear like a mask...go figure! It looks so natural even after the powder is applied.
Love this product! Now I have to try the primers!

makeba

Man i am nw40 in mac and was wondering what shade would suit me!! Can yall help a sista out please!

carandru

I have to say that I love it!!! I got a color matched to #175 and got a sample that I am sad to see run out. . I cringe at paying the $40 a bottle, so that really the only draw back, lol. The coverage was really good and it really didn't look like I was wearing makeup at all. It matches very well, but I feel like it may be just a tab bit dark for my face in some areas.But it blends into my necks so I'm thinking of going sephora to pick up a sample of a lighter shade just to see if I like that better lol.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
Um Hi..

I FINALLY got a sample of MUFE HD foundation after fighting with the girl @ the counter then calling MUFE head office to prove that the counter should be giving out samples.
Anyway.. I am wearing the HD foundation right this moment.. don't know the shade.. think its the second darkest.. love it! And even though I had a bad experience and that counter I will be purchasing it when I am done with the MAC studio fix liquid.

C

Sorry to hear about your negative experience! Which shade(s) did you end up sampling?

ClaireAvril

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
Sorry to hear about your negative experience! Which shade(s) did you end up sampling?

You know the girl didn't even give me the shade name.. WTF
I believe it was the second darkest shade.
angry.gif

I think she was mad because MUFE head office had to call her..

lafemmenoir

I found I need two colours (173/175) to get a match that doesn't oxizide grey or orange for me. hth!