Makeup Geek Eyeshadow

ginestra213

I want to get a bunch, but I'm waiting for the shipping times to normalize. I don't feel like waiting over 3 weeks for my order :(

DILLIGAF

I did. I hit the bundle it should be here Monday or if it comes early Saturday
I caved at 3 am and bought 5 colors last night. I know I'm going to get more but figured this would be a great start. All the sales are dropping at once and I have to divide and conquer. LOL

smileyt06

I caved at 3 am and bought 5 colors last night. I know I'm going to get more but figured this would be a great start. All the sales are dropping at once and I have to divide and conquer. LOL
Girl I was gonna do that but I was like ahhhhhh let me just get the bundle

shellygrrl

Staff member
Has anyone gotten the new mattes? What do you think? T. Is reviewing them but honestly i don't trust her reviews. LOL
Not yet, but I've seen Christine's reviews so far, as well as her swatches. Some of the usual "dry and powdery" stuff, particularly with the purples. She did note they'd work better with primer/some kind of base, though. Here's another review, this time from Phyrra... http://phyrra.net/2015/10/makeup-geek-matte-eyeshadows-review.html And in Phyrra's swatches, particularly with the purples, you can see that primer does make a huge difference. And, of course, you can build up the colour.

novocainedreams

Not yet, but I've seen Christine's reviews so far, as well as her swatches. Some of the usual "dry and powdery" stuff, particularly with the purples. She did note they'd work better with primer/some kind of base, though. Here's another review, this time from Phyrra... http://phyrra.net/2015/10/makeup-geek-matte-eyeshadows-review.html And in Phyrra's swatches, particularly with the purples, you can see that primer does make a huge difference. And, of course, you can build up the colour.
Thanks i hadn't seen Phyrra's yet, I prefer primer swatches, or at least both because i use primer, and sometimes i think T. and her ratings and color are way off.

BabysOnFire

Has anyone gotten the new mattes? What do you think? T. Is reviewing them but honestly i don't trust her reviews. LOL
I have them and, with this being my first experience with Makeup Geek eyeshadows, I'm honestly really impressed! I swatched these over a primer because that's how I'd wear them, personally. They were all pigmented and soft to the touch. Cherry Cola was probably the "driest" feeling (I use the quotations because it wasn't really very dry) but it still performed exactly the same as the others when swatched.

Bedrock, Concrete Jungle, Morocco, Petal Pusher, Vintage, Cherry Cola

novocainedreams

I have them and, with this being my first experience with Makeup Geek eyeshadows, I'm honestly really impressed! I swatched these over a primer because that's how I'd wear them, personally. They were all pigmented and soft to the touch. Cherry Cola was probably the "driest" feeling (I use the quotations because it wasn't really very dry) but it still performed exactly the same as the others when swatched.  Bedrock, Concrete Jungle, Morocco, Petal Pusher, Vintage, Cherry Cola
Thank you! These look great, and I always use a primer as well, so I prefer swatches that way. Man, I have a huge MUG wishlist, I hope they have some sort of black Friday deal, LOL.

BabysOnFire

Thank you! These look great, and I always use a primer as well, so I prefer swatches that way. Man, I have a huge MUG wishlist, I hope they have some sort of black Friday deal, LOL.
No problem! :) Yeah, after playing with these I kinda wanna go back and order a bunch more stuff from MUG lol. A Black Friday sale would be amazing! Here's hoping!