Makeup Geek Eyeshadow

ginestra213

Hmmm, I wonder if there's a filter on that pic? The colors look slightly different that the ones she showed in the YT sneak peek. Beautiful regardless!

mel33t

YAAASSSSS!
I need all of them! :sigh:

shellygrrl

Staff member
Hmmm, I wonder if there's a filter on that pic? The colors look slightly different that the ones she showed in the YT sneak peek. Beautiful regardless!
I think it's more the lighting, and the camera not being calibrated for it, than an IG filter.

mel33t

Anyone know when these are coming out? I know they originally said August, but I'm guess that's not happening. I heard her say "in the fall" in her videos, but does anyone know a date? I need to start planning :)
She hasn't said anything about them and the Jaclyn Hill collab got pushed back to early next year.

Davuu

Anyone know when these are coming out? I know they originally said August, but I'm guess that's not happening. I heard her say "in the fall" in her videos, but does anyone know a date? I need to start planning :)
She's said next month on snapchat!

shellygrrl

Staff member
I KNOOOOOOOOOOW! I've been waiting to complete an order because there are at least a couple of the new mattes that I want. Instead I've got four eyeshadows sleeping in the cart, waiting... and waiting... and waiting... (Insert gif of Old Rose from Titanic saying "It's been 84 years.", here.)

shellygrrl

Staff member
For the curious - https://instagram.com/p/7l0R1fponw/?taken-by=makeupgeekcosmetics Looks like it's just six shades, and one of them looks like a rerelease/repromotion of Insomnia (their dupe for MAC Blue Brown). I think if you're going to try to show off a duochrome's duochromy goodness, it'd be a good idea to have at least part of the swatch on a black base (seems to me that black bases do a better job at showing off the different tones?).

shellygrrl

Staff member
Via makeupgeektv Snapchat, there are actually EIGHT pigments (including a repromote of Insomnia) plus twelve foiled eyeshadows in the duochrome launch on Thursday.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Make that eleven new duochrome eyeshadows plus Rockstar, which was released previously (and there are your twelve), and everything is up on the Makeup Geek site now!

mel33t

Who's getting the Matte shadows? IG credit, Young Wild and Polished. The brights look really nice, but I'm not 100% sold.
9987ad0a_Screenshot_2015-10-01-08-27-36.png
abffb201_Screenshot_2015-10-01-08-27-32.png
7df784ff_Screenshot_2015-10-01-08-27-27.png