Makeup Geek Eyeshadow

laurennnxox

thud.gif
I am spending so much money lately but I really want to place my first MUG order. Ahhhhhhh.

perfectscorpio

MUG seems to have some nicely pigmented and vibrant colors! Ive been sitting on an order for them for a couple of months....I got side tracked with a fixation on trying new foundations......smh

DILLIGAF

I only ordered two from the latest release of foiled colors I ordered Grandstand (from the older colors) and Showtime. I got them super quick! However Grandstand came shattered. I'm not even going to bother telling MUG about it. I was able to press it back into the pan. They are very fragile. I will not recommend traveling with them. I already have a look planned using bother Grandstand and Showtime together.

shellygrrl

Staff member
However Grandstand came shattered. I'm not even going to bother telling MUG about it. I was able to press it back into the pan. They are very fragile.
The new set of 10 have a slightly different formula -- more oil(s) so they won't crumble/shatter. Wish they'd reformulate the first set of 10, especially Caitlin Rose, given the proceeds for that one go to charity. Talking of the new foiled eyeshadow formula, I have a couple of questions for any of you who own the foiled shadows -- especially any of the new set of 10 -- who have oily lids: How well have they held up for you, with a primer or base? And which eyeshadow primer/base are you using? I ask because I have oily lids myself (everything creases on me without a proper eyeshadow primer, including paint pots and other cream eyeshadows) and would prefer to hear from others with the same issue.

DILLIGAF

Talking of the new foiled eyeshadow formula, I have a couple of questions for any of you who own the foiled shadows -- especially any of the new set of 10 -- who have oily lids: How well have they held up for you, with a primer or base? And which eyeshadow primer/base are you using? I ask because I have oily lids myself (everything creases on me without a proper eyeshadow primer, including paint pots and other cream eyeshadows) and would prefer to hear from others with the same issue.
I saw the video about the new shadows. You can clearly see that the newer shadow is stronger. I really wish they would reformulate the originals like you said.

Yazmin

Talking of the new foiled eyeshadow formula, I have a couple of questions for any of you who own the foiled shadows -- especially any of the new set of 10 -- who have oily lids: How well have they held up for you, with a primer or base? And which eyeshadow primer/base are you using? I ask because I have oily lids myself (everything creases on me without a proper eyeshadow primer, including paint pots and other cream eyeshadows) and would prefer to hear from others with the same issue.
I have't picked up my order of the new foiled shadows yet, but I also have a problem with oily creases. The primers that have worked best for me so far are Wet 'n Wild Fergie Take on the Day eye shadow primer, and the latest is MAC's eye base. I'm about to go back to using fluidlines as my primer/base because nothing budges with that.

v0ltagekid

I prefer the formula of the original ten. Sadly these new ones creased like a mofo... I'm really sad :/ they also aren't as shiny as the first ones I think!
I've only used one, so I gotta keep trying them but :/ ughhhh!!
I use the NARS shadow primer, although I ran out and gotta repurchase. In the mean time I've been using lime crime eyeshadow helper

paint pots and cream shadows never work for me, they all crease :/

DILLIGAF

I prefer the formula of the original ten. Sadly these new ones creased like a mofo... I'm really sad :/ they also aren't as shiny as the first ones I think!
I've only used one, so I gotta keep trying them but :/ ughhhh!!
I use the NARS shadow primer, although I ran out and gotta repurchase. In the mean time I've been using lime crime eyeshadow helper

paint pots and cream shadows never work for me, they all crease :/
Which ones did you get again>

v0ltagekid

Which ones did you get again>
ItemSkuQtySubtotal
Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow Pan - WhimsicalESF 121$9.99
Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow Pan - Fortune TellerESF 201$9.99
Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow Pan - UntamedESF 191$9.99
Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow Pan - Day DreamerESF 151$9.99
Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow Pan - PegasusESF 171$9.99
Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow Pan - Starry EyedESF 111$9.99
Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan - PoppyESP 221$5.99
Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan - Beaches and CreamESP 811$5.99
Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan - PreppyESP 451$5.99
Z Palette Large - Pink Sunrise (Makeup Geek Exclusive)zp-mg-pink-sun-l1$20.99

btw I hate Poppy, it's like not pigmented at all.. ugh I'm so mad I got that one.

Sorry I haven't posted swatches yet, I'm going crazy with school work.
I promise I can do it Sunday lol!

laurennnxox

I still haven't ordered anything yet but I am LEMMING the foiled eyeshadows. I saw a few YT reviews about them, but I'm wary because the users both have affiliate links in their description. So, unsure how accurate to take their "Reviews"

How are you ladies loving the foiled eyeshadows? New and Old ones. :) TIA!!

DILLIGAF

I still haven't ordered anything yet but I am LEMMING the foiled eyeshadows. I saw a few YT reviews about them, but I'm wary because the users both have affiliate links in their description. So, unsure how accurate to take their "Reviews"

How are you ladies loving the foiled eyeshadows? New and Old ones. :) TIA!!
I have three of the older ones and one of the newer ones. The short story is that they are pretty. Very pretty. However I've found that the older shadows are prone to shatter. I've have two shipments and two of the shadows have arrived broken. However they are aware of the fact that they are fragile and will usually send you a replacement very easily. The newer ones seem hardier. I've not had an issue with creasing because I wear a primer with every eyeshadow look. HTH