Mixing PIGMENTS to make new colours!!?? Anyone tried?

HOTasFCUK

Hey i was wondering if anyone here mixes their pigments to make *new* colours and if so, can you please tell me your combos? I'd love to know and try some out! So far i have these pigments & i'm wondering if anyone has mixed any of these together:

tan
melon
sunpepper
shimmertime
dazzleray
sunnydaze
copper sparkle

Also, what is the best method to mix them so they are evenly blended? Can anyone post pics of the new pigments they have created? I'd love to see them, especially pressed ones as well!!! Thanks!!!!!
cheerleader.gif

Ethel

I tried to mix entremauve with pink opal to bring out the pink sparkles in entremauve and make it a tad lighter. It didn't blend very well, and ultimately was not successful.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Also, what is the best method to mix them so they are evenly blended?

Grab an empty container (sample containers are great for this), and spoon in the pigment powder. Screw the lid on tightly, then give it a good shake until the colours are mixed.

For the sake of consistancy, it helps if you keep the pigments in the same finish (frost, matte, etc). If the powder dusts are the same size and weight, they'll mix together more easily and will apply evenly.
smiles.gif

calbear

My favorite mixture is vanilla and pink opal to make a beautiful color that can be used as a highlighter and a brow bone highlight especially on darker skin. Takes away some of the ashiness of Pink Opal and adds more complexity to vanilla.

OnaFyre

I made this rockin powder version of flammable paint with some of my pigments. I believe I used Burnt Burgundy, Red (I think the pig is called True Red), Reflects Red, a bit of Accent Red, a bit of Pink Opal, a bit of Bright Fuschia, and a bit of Sunpepper.

Ella_

Gold dusk and apricot pink make a really pretty flesh tone neutral. I love it. Its my new fave highlighter and base for a quick neural look.

Chic 2k6

I mixed together Kitschmas pigment and Golden Olive pigment, it came out Silver with green flecks! looks sooo awesome
greengrin.gif

user79

I have mixed my White pigment with various other coloured pigments to make lighter pastel versions of them...

cloverette

one of the MAs at the MAC store today had a beautiful color on her eyes. it's hard to describe it as it's a different color from different angles; it was kind of a petrol/blue-green shade.

anyway, i asked her what it was; she had mixed the following pigments together to get that color:

1 part old gold
1 part dark soul
1/2 part cornflower

btw- she also said she likes to mix "ugly" colors with each other to get the prettiest colors!

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverette
one of the MAs at the MAC store today had a beautiful color on her eyes. it's hard to describe it as it's a different color from different angles; it was kind of a petrol/blue-green shade.

anyway, i asked her what it was; she had mixed the following pigments together to get that color:

1 part old gold
1 part dark soul
1/2 part cornflower

btw- she also said she likes to mix "ugly" colors with each other to get the prettiest colors!

Wow. That one sounds especially pretty. I'm gonna try that when I get home.

Cool Kitten

I mixed Chocolate Brown and Golden Olive to create a light browninsh bronze color with green cast- really pretty!

ch33tah

i mix my rose with pink bronze and i get a very lovely shade.
greengrin.gif

i use old es containers to mix my pigments in... but only a little bit... ;]

Eemaan

Ive only tried violet and vanilla which i love

i tried vaniall with blue brown and it looked HUGLEEE

geeko

this combo sounds weird....but it looks nice i jus tried (and it looks a bit like steamy imo..)

cornflower, golden lemon and teal pigment. Try it!

pumpkincat210

I made some mixed pressed pigments last night..
courtneys23295.jpg

courtneys23297.jpg

from left to right I used:
1. frost and violet
2. violet, bright fuchsia, original blue
3. violet, lovely lily, rich purple
4. bright fuchsia, fuchsia, violet
5. golden olive and golders green

MACgirl

I do this all the time! me and soem of the girls at my store come up with diff combinations and name them! i think i have about 10 i've made on my own and the hottest is one i called "in the heat" which is a brigh coral with red frost and little yellow sparkles, then thier is "bluenvy" which is a true bright blue with a teal duochrome. i cant remember what i mixed but i only use what we have at our freestanding store! i should write them down next time!

geeko

hey girls...i jus want to share with u that shimmertime and dazzleray goes well together. dazzleray adds shimmers to shimmertime and hence make it less frosty looking. hths!

the result is shimmery pink beige pigment with less frostiness that shimmertime has. It's a subtle change.

here are 2 pigments i mixed today...i'll post swatches another time.

hi girls would like to share with u 2 new pigments i created today by mixing existing mac pigments

here are the pics, i'll put the swatches another day

dewdrop.jpg

rayoftime.jpg