Mixing PIGMENTS to make new colours!!?? Anyone tried?

flowerhead

Re: ~ Mixing your pigments for a custom shade ~

A little white frost mixed with Dark Soul makes a beautiful grey.

clamster

gold mode and revved up together made a really nice neutral! The rushmetal pigments are really nice I wish they were perm! Revved up in my opinion a lighter verson of rose and a lot less chunky.

xkriss

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinaf
Entremauve and helium... gorgeousssssssss

yayyy i just bought samples of both of those
smiles.gif

genduk26

off the radar & copperclast ... one of my fav mix
thmbup.gif

Melly44

I never thought about mixing my pigments before..

genduk26

1. violet & reflects blackened red (glitter)
2. off the radar & copperclast --> my fav
3. dark soul, rose & vanilla
4. rushmetal & yourladyship

mixing pigments is my fav 'toy'
winks.gif

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
1. violet & reflects blackened red (glitter)
2. off the radar & copperclast --> my fav
3. dark soul, rose & vanilla
4. rushmetal & yourladyship

mixing pigments is my fav 'toy'
winks.gif

If at all possible, please post some pics of the outcomes of these! I can't even imagine the dark soul, rose and vanilla combo!

newagetomatoz

1/2 Copperclast & 1/2 Softwash Grey (My favorite)

2/9 Azreal Blue, 2/9 Violet, 2/9 Blue Storm, 2/9 Softwash Grey, 1/9 Teal

2/5 Azreal Blue, 2/5 Golden Olive, and 1/5 Teal

1/2 Rushmetal & 1/2 Old Gold

1/2 Azreal Blue & 1/2 Sweet Sienna

1/2 Fuchsia & 1/2 Gold Stroke. If you add a little bit of Gold Dusk, it turns out to be a dupe of Cranberry. Well, at least the way I mixed it!
smiles.gif

nikki

Try these combos:
1/2 cornflower + 1/2 all-girl

1/2 accent red + 1/2 mauvement

1/3 accent red + 1/3 mauvement + 1/3 grape

1/2 rebelrock blue + 1/2 gold dusk

These combos make some gorgeous colors!!

erynnj

my favorite mix so far is royal blue +pink pearl+fuschia+cornflower for the most vivid indigo color

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
If at all possible, please post some pics of the outcomes of these! I can't even imagine the dark soul, rose and vanilla combo!

the color is like grey with red gold particle. i'm sorry the pics aren't clear.

tiramisu

it's not like you don't get a lot of p/g in each jar in order to feel safe experimenting... this really is a great idea. I want some pics of some of these shades you've come up with...

We should start a pigment mixing thread, with pictures/FOTD's!!!

CantAffordMAC

I read this thread and began mixing some of my Fyrinnae shadows together (not in a pot, but on my hand). I went crazy over how pretty some of the colors looked. My only problem is that the Fyrinnae shadows are only samples, and I was planning on pressing them. I don't know if I can press most of the shadow and then still leave some to mix. I am lost when it comes to deciding on pressing pigments/leaving them loose/mixing....

th_dunno.gif

makeba

i have mixed extremauve, cornflower and naval blue together and was very impressed with the color mixture!

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamster
gold mode and revved up together made a really nice neutral! The rushmetal pigments are really nice I wish they were perm! Revved up in my opinion a lighter verson of rose and a lot less chunky.

Agreed. I'm an NW45 and this is an awesome shade for my eyes and highlighting on my face...Thanks for posting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
i have mixed extremauve, cornflower and naval blue together and was very impressed with the color mixture!

This mixture is very beautiful. If I keep going w/it, I may be able to duplicate NARS' Santorini es since it seemingly is no longer going to be available.

I wish these 2 threads were merged. I’m getting whip-lash going from one to the other when there’s a new post. There are very good pictures and swatches in this thread:
http://specktra.net/f165/mixing-pigm...e-tried-58443/

gypsiebabie

violet and sunpepper...not quite purple or brown but it has a hint of shimmer that goes great with both colors...
yes.gif

gigglegirl

i cannot wait til my sample jar order comes....lol I thought I was going to try and sell paint pot samples but now I'm reconsidering and using them to make wicked pigment concoctions. This thread has me lemming for more pigments. OH BOY!

sharkbytes

Mixing Electric Coral (pro pig) with Melon is gorgeous...I wear it with Coppering e/s and it looks unbelievable. I think *anything* mixed with Melon would be gorgeous, lol
smiles.gif

EDIT: E.Coral is one of those pigments that doesn't press, so I'd be careful about that and just mix in a sample jar
smiles.gif