Mixing PIGMENTS to make new colours!!?? Anyone tried?

KikiB

What I do is I dump a little bit into a condiment cup-a little 1 ounce plastic thing-and then I have lids I put on it if I want a shaken look or I stir it with a toothpick. I'll do a small amount, like maybe a nickel-sized amount, just so I get an idea of what it will look like. Then you have to tweak it til you get the colour that you want.

aeroSOUL

violet mixes very well i think....it adds a pretty color to most purp/pink pigments.
i also like to pressed half/half pigments..like half vanilla and half fuchsia in one pan

cocodivatime

Anyone else? I want more ideas
th_DANCE.gif

igswonderworld

It's not really a pigment but I smashed the red side of Mi'lady MES and mixed it with True Red Pro Pigment. Then I pressed the mix.. Let's just say that MAC does not have a frosty true red eyeshadow but I DO! LOL!!!! I use it over MUFE greasy paint in bright red - I looked it up it's Carmine #004 - and it's the BEST BEST red ever!!!
smiles.gif

HOTasFCUK

I mixed Copperclast with Sunnydaze & it comes out beautifully! Really tones down Copperclast if you want it for an everyday look!

clwkerric

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac
i don't really use kitschmas...any suggestions on another pigment i can mix with??

Someone wrote this a little while back... I'm sure it looks great! Sounds nice. I will have to try it....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
I mixed together Kitschmas pigment and Golden Olive pigment, it came out Silver with green flecks! looks sooo awesome
greengrin.gif

I also think Kitschmas & Vanilla pigment would make an awesome highlight!
yes.gif

igswonderworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkylicious
I tried :-
Softwashed Grey + Violet

Wow, sounds fantastic! I should give it a try as soon as I receive my Softwashed grey sample...

On a similar note, (or color I should say) Inglot pigment #35 with Violet or Bell Bottom Blue pigment looks divine!!! The color is the non-lustre version of Idol Eyes with a kick of blue! It's a gorgeous gorgeous color..

I should really post pics of the combo..
supacool.gif
greengrin.gif

saraelyse_c

i mixed frost + violet pigments because neither one looked good on me. they turned to a shimmery pale violet and looks pretty good!

nelyanaphonexia

I just saw this post and thought it sounded like fun! I don't press my pigments, so I just did some loose mixing.
smiles.gif

I mixed Kitchmas, Pink Bronze and Reflects Bronze!

DSC02231small.jpg

The new piggie in an old eyeshadow pot:

DSC02225small.jpg

On my skin (NW 30)!
DSC02217small.jpg

DSC02236small.jpg

Last pic was not in natural light, but under the horrible yellow/orange lights in my bedroom. I need to get natural lights inside. But, I did a color filter on my cam, so it should be a little closer to it's natural light shade. But, that is why it might seen orange-y.
tong.gif

This is so much fun! I'm totaly going to buy some more containers and mix up more!!! Yay!
th_DANCE.gif

Kiss and Makeup

I read through and didn't see this one...

I only have 6 pigments, so I didn't have a whole lot to play with.

I mixed together Golden Olive with Tan, two staples. I've only used them once or twice..Tan is too orange-ish for me and Golden Olive, while gorgeous, is sort of loud by itself, and I'll admit, I haven't played with mixing it a whole lot.

The color came out absolutely GORGEOUS! It changes from brown to green depending on your light, and looks a lot like Sumputous Olive, but it has a better color payout.