More discontinued eyeshadows

Ambi

Steamy? Wow, that was unexpected. I'm gonna have to get that Pink Freeze now, while I still can.

Damn you MAC with your limited editions and discontinuings :p

EDIT: Funky indeed, my post is supposed to be below 72Cosmo's post, not above?
greengrin.gif

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Cosmo
Yesterday, my SA told me quite a few eyeshadows were being discontinued. Steamy, Pink Freeze, Petalescent, Retrospect Those are the ones that I remember.

I at least want to doubt Retrospeck bc it is so popular, but I have been wrong before...

Also It looks like Melton Mauve and Blu-Noir are being discontinued as well as Squirt Lipglass.

72Cosmo

Yesterday, my SA told me quite a few eyeshadows were being discontinued. Steamy, Pink Freeze, Petalescent, Retrospect Those are the ones that I remember.

Chic 2k6

WHAT!!!!! Steamy's being discontinued?! ohh man i love that colour <3

what was the others thats being disc? cos idk what was in the 1st post

farra712

I just did the new holiday schematic today and pink freeze, retrospeck, steamy, and petalescent are part of it, so I bet that is just a miscommunication. Melton Mauve and Blu Noir are being discontinued and were not on the schematic. I will look into this cause these are some of my favorites...everyone's favorites...

d_flawless

i remember hearing steamy was being dc'd like 6 months ago, but they hadn't yet, so hopefully it's just gossip? i love that color, it's so versatile and beautiful

MAC_Whore

Here's a tip. When I hear a DC rumour, I go to the MAC site. I go to the rumoured item and put it in my Shopping Bag "Save for Later" section. That way I can keep an eye on it. If I notice a Triangle of Death eventually shows up, and it is a colour I want, I just pop it in my cart. It is a way to keep all the DC "rumours" in one spot.
smiles.gif

Spoken like a true MAC Whore, eh?

redambition

nice one MAC_Whore! That's a fantastic idea if you are able to order off the web.

/me waits impatiently for our local MAC site to be launched.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
....me waits impatiently for our local MAC site to be launched.

Sorry
ssad.gif

MAC needs to give AU some love:

-Their own website
-Lower the damn prices!!!!!

smiles.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Sorry
ssad.gif

MAC needs to give AU some love:

-Their own website
-Lower the damn prices!!!!!

smiles.gif

we are getting some love... www.maccosmetics.com.au is up and saying it will be launched soon. The latest rumour is that the launch is on 22 Nov!
cheerleader.gif
i'm counting the days until I can get mac delivered to my door.

my other gripe is that MAC is only available at selected department store counters, or at the pro store near the city... my nearest stores doesn't have it, forcing me to travel to have to get it.

as for lowering the prices... a girl can dream!
winks.gif

compared to other high end brand pricing here, mac is actually on the lower end of the scale, but not everyone realises that.

Ella_

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
my other gripe is that MAC is only available at selected department store counters, or at the pro store near the city... my nearest stores doesn't have it, forcing me to travel to have to get it.

I get you on the travel thing, I have to go into the city to get MAC which isnt too much of a hassle, but it does mean I spend far too much money on MAC and shoes because thers so much more temptation
lol.gif

We dont even have a pro store up here
ssad.gif
Just counters in the Myer center, on the Pacific fair and a Duty free at Surfers.

I have to either mail order pro products from Melbourne, or get my sister to buy me stuff from the pro store in Paddington
I want a pro store in Brisbane!!!
weeping.gif

redambition

Ella- I feel your pain. it is a right royal hassle to get to the mac pro store in paddington, so much so that i haven't ever ventured there yet. I hope to in a couple of weeks.

there is so much temptation when you have to make a special trip in for MAC. you start going mad and buying waaaay too much because you know you won't be back there the next week! it's especially hard when you know something you love is being discontinued or a highly-anticipated LE collection comes out.

anyhoo, back to the shadows.
winks.gif
i really want to pick a 168 brush up soon with all these discontinuation rumours. might have to check out these shadows as well.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Here's a tip. When I hear a DC rumour, I go to the MAC site. I go to the rumoured item and put it in my Shopping Bag "Save for Later" section. That way I can keep an eye on it. If I notice a Triangle of Death eventually shows up, and it is a colour I want, I just pop it in my cart. It is a way to keep all the DC "rumours" in one spot.
smiles.gif

Spoken like a true MAC Whore, eh?

Thanks for this tip! The day you posted this suggestion (Nov 11), I went to the website and added blu-noir to my cart and clicked on "save for later" and I'll be damn when I went to place my order Nov 14 for the brush roll and pick 9 cool eye set, it was gone from the website but still in my cart. I received my order today....It is so lovely.....I'm glad I took your advice!!

Latest posts