• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

My 2nd Ever Tutorial: Dramatic "pointy" eye. Haha.

ashley_v85

Tutorial for this look.

sgriok.jpg

Beware: There are multiple hideous pictures below. I deleted a few for your own sake.

You will need:
sgrbyd.jpg

Make sure to keep a makeup wipe handy. Because if you're anything like me, dark and/or shimmery colors = lots of fall out.

Step One: Start with a bare face/eye. The picture is small for your own benefit, I promise. I took this after I got home from work and wiped my makeup off, haha. So my face and eyes are still kinda red from the makeup wipes (I'm not very gentle with myself).
sgrc6q.jpg

No makeup, and none too happy about it. Haha.
sgrcau.jpg

Step Two: Apply Bare Canvas paint all over lid, using your finger...or a brush if you want, whatever. But I use my finger.
sgrcd3.jpg

sgrcee.jpg

Step Three: Apply Sharkskin s/s to eyelid. It can be sloppy, it doesn't really matter.
sgrcoz.jpg

Step Four: Using the 266 brush (I used my 266SE for this, because I didn't really want to make my normal one all nasty with the shadestick), pick up some color from the shadestick and "draw" the shape you want, but don't extend TOO far above the crease.
sgrcs5.jpg

I didn't do a picture of this step, but blend it a little bit with a concealer brush, so that the edges aren't TOO sloppy and ugly.

Step Five: Add Beige-ing s/s above the Sharkskin s/s.
sgre9w.jpg

Note to self: Do not smoke before doing a tutorial. It doesn't make for very flattering eye pictures.

Step Five and a half: Blend. Use your finger and/or concealer brush.
sgreiv.jpg

sgrekj.jpg

Step Six: Apply Beauty Marked to lid, following the shape you created with the Sharkskin shadestick. I used a sponge applicator at first, and then went over it (and slightly into the crease) with the 213 (I just used the SE).
sgreqw.jpg

sgrero.jpg

Step Seven: Using the 219 or whatever crease brush you use, apply Trax to crease, starting on top of Beauty Marked, and extend a bit upwards and outwards.
sgrf2d.jpg

sgrf3a.jpg

Step Eight: Using the 239 or whatever brush you want to use, apply Nylon as a highlight and blend into Trax. Then add Fairylight pigment on top to help soften the edges a little.
sgrf53.jpg

Step Nine: Using the 266, line top lashline with Blacktrack. I did this really quickly and didn't do a very good job of it, but it doesn't really matter for this. On the outer corners, follow the shape you created with the Sharkskin.
sgrfat.jpg

Step Ten: Line waterline with Blacktrack. I only did the bottom, because I'm lazy and I suck at lining my upper waterline.
sgrfqw.jpg

Step Eleven: Still using the 266 and Blacktrack, do this. Haha.
sgrfvl.jpg

sgrfx4.jpg

Step Twelve: Then this.
sgrfyq.jpg

Step Thirteen: Finish lining the bottom lashline with Blacktrack (I use the 266), and then extend the line as far out as you desire. I use the pointy end of the 266 to create the shape.
sgrh9c.jpg

Step Fourteen (not pictured): Clean your brush. I find that I have to use brush cleaner after using fluidlines, every single time.

Step Fifteen: Wet the newly cleaned 266 brush and use it to go over the line of Blacktrack with Beauty Marked.
sgrhgp.jpg

sgrhog.jpg

sgrhpl.jpg

Step Sixteen: Do the same thing to the bottom.
sgrhxt.jpg

Step Seventeen: Add mascara.
sgrhvd.jpg

sgri2c.jpg

Step Eighteen: Rinse 266 brush until the water runs clean. Blot dry and reshape if necessary, wet slightly, pick up some Nylon eyeshadow, and use it to draw a line in between the upper and lower liner shape things (It's late and I can't think) like so:
sgri3p.jpg

sgrips.jpg

Step Nineteen: Using the 266 brush and Espresso eyeshadow, or whatever color works for your eyebrows, fill in your brows. It's important. I promise. There are lots of pictures of this, because it's very important. Haha.
sgs45y.jpg

sgs48i.jpg

sgs4g1.jpg

Step Twenty: Also the most retarded looking picture in the history of mankind. Anyway, I got lazy and didn't take pictures of all of this, so I just combined it into one step. Apply your Studio Fix Fluid. I use my fingers, but use a brush if you wish. Then apply concealer, and yellow concealer under your eyes, to hide circles. Then apply your normal Studio Fix (the powder). I used the sponge, because I needed to cake it on. My skin looked like SHIT today, haha. But that's probably because I haven't even TRIED to take care of it in the last two weeks, since I've been sick. But then again, 95% of the time I use the sponge, because it's fast and easy.
sgs4za.jpg

Step Twenty-One: Make a fish face and apply Mocha blush to the hollows of your cheeks, going up toward your temples.
sgs51t.jpg

Step Twenty-Two: Blend a bit with your fingers, if you have a harsh line or if it's too dark.
sgs57b.jpg

I look like Jay Leno there, haha. Sad.

Step Twenty-Three: Using the 187 (preferably), apply your Petticoat MSF on the apples of your cheeks, going up toward the temples.
sgs6j9.jpg

I was trying to show off my cheek...but that turned into a really ugly picture, haha.

Step Twenty-Four: I'm lazy, so I'm combining three steps. Apply Whirl l/l and blend it a bit with your finger if you want to, and/or fill your lips in. I barely did either of these things, because I'm lazy. Then apply Fresh Buzz lipstick. It's best to use a lip brush, but once again...I'm lazy, so I just did it straight out of the tube. Then add Oi! Oi! Oi! lipglass.
sgs6xs.jpg

I forgot to do my "Ta Da!" face in this one.
ssad.gif
Oh well, there's always next time.
Cover up the stupid red work shirt, and it looks much better:
sgr8za.jpg

sgr8uc.jpg

sgr910.jpg

Sorry...I took that one after smearing it. :\

laurenmo88

great job...your side comments are quite funny
smiles.gif
i enjoyed it, and might try it if i go out sometime!!!

Pale Moon

Great tutorial! I love your illustration! LOL!

The eye lining part seems difficult for me.. I gotta practise!

hundove

lovely tutorial! Thanks!
And you look beautiful, even without makeup!
Great job! where did you learn how to apply makeup like a pro?
As for the brushes, can we use any application brushes or does it have to be MAC? do you know of any equivalents for all kinds of MAC brushes?
Thanks!

ashley_v85

Thanks! Haha I didn't learn anywhere...I learned a lot from the mac_cosmetics community on LJ. But mostly, it's just practice. I'm a dork, so I love putting on makeup just for the hell of it and taking pictures, haha. I'm just too lazy to do it very often sometimes. :\

MAC makes great brushes, but they don't have to be MAC. Any brushes will do. I used to use brushes from a Sephora brush set, but then someone stole it. Ha. I've heard that Sonia Kashuk makes great brushes, which you can buy at Target. I need to check them out.

ashley_v85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Moon
Great tutorial! I love your illustration! LOL!

The eye lining part seems difficult for me.. I gotta practise!

Thanks! Haha I had no idea what I was doing when I did it...just try! It's fun to experiment. You never know, it may turn out really good!

hundove

ashley_v85 said:
Thanks! Haha I didn't learn anywhere...I learned a lot from the mac_cosmetics community on LJ. QUOTE]

What is LJ? Do you know the link?
Thanks for the help and info!

professionaltart

oh hey there Circuit City employee.

ahhahaha i worked there my senior yr of college. I sold big screens hahaha

nice tutorial though
smiles.gif

ashley_v85

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionaltart
oh hey there Circuit City employee.

ahhahaha i worked there my senior yr of college. I sold big screens hahaha

nice tutorial though
smiles.gif

Hahaha NIIIICCCEEE!
smiles.gif
Big screens, huh? That's probably much better than my department. I'm a CSA (Customer Service Associate)...and I fucking hate customers, lol.

ashley_v85

Haha thanks! I'll do my hair down soon...I'm just so LAZY!!! And I suck at hair. Which is bad, because that's what I'm going into. Haha.

ashley_v85

hundove said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley_v85
Thanks! Haha I didn't learn anywhere...I learned a lot from the mac_cosmetics community on LJ. QUOTE]

What is LJ? Do you know the link?
Thanks for the help and info!

LJ = Live Journal. It's a site where you can post journal entries and join communities. I pretty much just use it for the makeup communities.

Live Journal Click there to sign up. It's free.

The mac_cosmetics community:
mac_cosmetics

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley_v85
Hahaha NIIIICCCEEE!
smiles.gif
Big screens, huh? That's probably much better than my department. I'm a CSA (Customer Service Associate)...and I fucking hate customers, lol.

my best friend was a CSA at Best Buy before i made her jump ship to CCIty. I know CSA's and Merch get paid the worst in the store and get all the stupid customers
ssad.gif

my favorite thing though (this is also something we use to laugh about in big screens) is people always returning like the ESAs and the Polaroids like dude what did you expect. It's a ESA or APEX or....Broksonic. hahahaha

Life In Return

Circuit, eh ? I'm a C.S. Supervisor at Best Buy
greengrin.gif
Getting tired of retail!

Anyhow, your tutorials are inspiring. Because of your other tut, I went out and bought Grape pigment. Planning on buying the Sharkskin shadestick next. I like this tut. The white line is so pretty and adds a nice touch to the whole look. Thanks for taking the time to do it
smiles.gif