My fave NARS blushes

cutemiauw

Shadowy Lady - I use a double fibre blush brush for Taj Mahal if I want to use it when my skin is less tanned. It only picks up a tiny amount of color so it's great for subtle looks. Then again, I think my skintone is warm and a lot darker than yours, so I could totally see why you're scared of it. I haven't found other burnt orange type of blush color I like, either.

MissQQ - Unfortunately I don't have Espiegle. I've only swatched it at the counter. I think it runs too pale on me though. I could shop Nars online, at least, but the shipping cost is ridiculous! So I wait until I have a trip to the UK or France instead. I love all my Nars pieces too!

Shadowy Lady

Shadowy Lady - I use a double fibre blush brush for Taj Mahal if I want to use it when my skin is less tanned. It only picks up a tiny amount of color so it's great for subtle looks. Then again, I think my skintone is warm and a lot darker than yours, so I could totally see why you're scared of it. I haven't found other burnt orange type of blush color I like, either.

MissQQ - Unfortunately I don't have Espiegle. I've only swatched it at the counter. I think it runs too pale on me though. I could shop Nars online, at least, but the shipping cost is ridiculous! So I wait until I have a trip to the UK or France instead. I love all my Nars pieces too!

I have actually tried it with a powder brush and I still find it clashes with my undertones. I'm light (NW22) and also cool toned, which seems to be the orange enemy, lol! In the summer when I tan, I make it to NW30 but still have the pink/red undertones.

I have Bite of An Apple (LE from MAC) that's kinda a reddish orange. Have you tried that? It sorta works as a burnt orange...or even MAC Saffron e/s, that looks like the perfect burnt orange. I think I'm gonna try it on my cheeks and see :p

cutemiauw

Hehe, like I'm always looking ashy and dead with anything that's too cool pink.
I don't have Bite of an Apple... but I do have Saffron! I also have Papparazz-she e/s (from MAC Peacocky), which is another type of orange I like. Thanks for reminding me of those... I think I'm going to try it out too :D

Miss QQ

Hi,

I dont' have Gina but I do have Espiègle. Here in France Chanel blushes are baked ones, I don't think it's the same, is it ? Espiègle is very soft, peach but really soft. I have 5 Chanel Joues Contrastes blushes, they are very pretty. Nars blushes are more intense in general ( not always ) but the finish is quite different for those are not baked at all. If you want a natural look I would recommand a Chanel blush. Natural and sophisticated too ! Nars is very good too, it is a question of " savoir faire " Chanel has its own rules, Nars too in a different way ( I love both ! ).
Hope you'll find the blush for you !

Thanks. My Espiegle is baked too, almost all my eyeshadows and JCs are baked. I have quite a few JC and now I want to start collecting Nars blushes because they last all day on me.

Liberte from the summer looks pretty too! Anyone getting it?

Dominique33

Hi,

Liberté looks pretty but I won't buy it ( I have 8 Nars blushes so far I know that's why ), if you start collecting Nars blushes I think you'll never stop ! They're gorgeous. From Douceur which is very soft but not nude to Gaiety which is soft and bright at the same time, well you really have many options !
iagree.gif
I fully agree, I am a blush collector and I love the Nars blushes.

aradhana

I've always wanted Taj Mahal and have been scared of it. I don't know if I can tan enough for it even in the summer. Need an orange blush that's less bold I'd say

there was a nice orange lancome blush i saw today at shopper's...i can't remember the name...maybe tangerine tint? on me it seemed to not show up when i swatched it, but your skintoen is much ligther, so it might give you a more subtle orange?

Monsy

there was a nice orange lancome blush i saw today at shopper's...i can't remember the name...maybe tangerine tint? on me it seemed to not show up when i swatched it, but your skintoen is much ligther, so it might give you a more subtle orange?

maybe mandarine shimmer?

lilinah

I'm between MAC 15 & 20, more neutral than warm or cool. I have rosacea on my cheeks so i had been avoiding blushes. But once i found my HG foundation, i finally dove in, and in the past two years i've bought a lot of blushes, mostly MAC and NARS.

Because of the rosacea i don't put blush on the apples of my cheeks (on which i use MUFE color correcting primer), just on and/or under my cheek bones. I also use a light hand when applying. I've been using a fluffy angled eye shadow brush for blushes and highlighters so i can keep them right where i want them. Then i buff out a bit with a fluffy blush or powder brush so there are no strong edges. I recently got a MAC 188 small duo fibre stippling brush and it works wonderfully with blushes, to keep them light and natural, although anyone who wants or needs to wear blush stronger can definitely use that brush to build up the color.

My first NARS blushes were Luster and Deep Throat. I used to wear Luster the most, then shifted my allegiance to Deep Throat. Because of how i apply it, Deep Throat has never been too dark or bright, just giving my face warmth and contour. I sometimes use Hungry Heart to highlight on the top of my cheekbones.

I recently got Gaiety and New Order, on the other end of the spectrum, thinking i'd return one. But while they're cool pinks, they're different enough that i kept both. With the 188 brush Gaiety looks like a very natural flush - i'm really loving it - it's my current fave. New Order is a little tricky, but despite my advanced age
amuse.gif
(i'm over 60), i still enjoy a bit of judicious glitter. Using a small brush and localizing application, New Order doesn't create masses of fall out, although a few sparkles are elsewhere on my face by the end of the day. I'm pale enough that N.O. shows pale lilac-pink on me. I've even used it to highlight just under my brows. (Heck, i've even put MAC Chen Man Blue Reflects on my cheekbones - i like to have fun with color)

Lady Liberty is on my wish list, although i haven't tested it yet. If you've tried it, what do you think?
Albatross is also up for test, but i suspect it's close to Hungry Heart. Has anyone compared the two?

Dominique33

Hi,

New Order is an highlighter much more than a blush. It's very pretty. Liberte is on Narscosmetics.fr but it's a preview and Nars keeps his secrets till the end ! You can watch Ramatuelle on the French website but not Liberte yet. Available on April 13 in France ( website ), I don't know when it will be launched for you in the US.

Dominique33

Yes ! And this collection is really pretty, I love the Spring collection but the Summer collection is gorgeous, in a week or so many of us will be very happy !
pompom.gif

lilinah

Quote:
Dominique33
New Order is an highlighter much more than a blush. It's very pretty. Liberte is on Narscosmetics.fr but it's a preview and Nars keeps his secrets till the end ! You can watch Ramatuelle on the French website but not Liberte yet. Available on April 13 in France ( website ), I don't know when it will be launched for you in the US.

True, New Order is listed as a highlighting blush. But i get enough color from it that i could use it as a blush (if i can just reduce some of that lovely glitter...).

Miss Liberty is listed on the NARS site as a highlighting blush, too, described as "Soft, shimmering peach" ("Pêche chatoyante"). I gather it was released in late fall last year. It's at sephora, too, and it seems more neutral than peach to me, but i didn't test it on my cheeks.

I've seen photos of Liberte and it looks to be a lovely peach. I think i have more than enough blushes in this color range, although i suppose i could be tempted by a matte peach... And, ooo, that Ramatuelle eyeshadow trio looks gorgeous!

Now that i'm wearing blush more often, i'm thinking of going back to some of the colors i used to wear in the early 1970s, such as deep plum, aubergine, mulberry - i still have a blueberry cream blush i got from Biba back then - sadly no longer useable. Far from natural or light, i know...
sigh.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I also find that New Order has enough colour to give my pale cheeks some colour, but it is quite soft. Because of the glitter, I generally reserve it for nights out, but I personally like the fact that it scatters a little sparkle around. I use it on my decollete for a little emphasis.

Does anyone know if Nico is being discontinued? It's no longer at all of the Nars counters in my area. Although a lot of people find it pointless/ boring, I'm kind of drawn to it (because I like highlighters, I guess).

Dominique33

Nico is on the French website, the UK website as well, I don't know if it's the same for you in Canada.
Happy Easter Time !

Baby1black

I am Defintely not your skin tone shadowy lady but If I wAs in some island and was allowed one nars blush it would be love joy.it is perfection!

MrsBombshell

Shadowy Lady, I have a medium skin tone and I too was scared away from Taj Mahal after trying it. For some reason it just didn't work for me, which was sad considering how beautiful it looks on some ladies.

My personal favorites are Deep Throat and Madly. They are staples in my collection. I never understood the hype with Orgasm.

lilinah

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Does anyone know if Nico is being discontinued? It's no longer at all of the Nars counters in my area. Although a lot of people find it pointless/ boring, I'm kind of drawn to it (because I like highlighters, I guess).

It was at my local sephora about a week ago and it's still on the NARS website in English... I've been meaning to test it myself.

mirror

Try LOVEJOY. I was hesitant at first, but its bronzy tones complement my Santa fe complexion really well.

Latest posts