• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

My first tut - "Deep Blue Teal" [pic heavy]

magi

Hi, yuppie, I did my first tutorial yesterday - a better version of my FOTD 2-23-07 http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=65864. I try my best with describing, but it´s very hard for my.

What did I use?
~ concealer (IT STICK + HYDRASTRECH)
~ foundation (BOBBI BROWN Stick)
~ brow wax (BROW ZINGS)
~ e/s base (ARTDECO)
~ blot powder (silk powder)

~ shadestick (SHARKSKIN)
~ mixing medium (water base)
~ pigments (DEEP BLUE GREEN, TEAL, FAIRYLITE)
~ kajal ( black & pacific blue)
~ mascara (BLACK)

~ beautypowder (selfmade; light mauve)
~ MSF (NAKED YOU & LIGHTSCAPADE)
~ LIP PLUMP
~ lip glass (FLORABUNDANCE)

Brushes:
~ 129SH
~ 275
~ daVinci: rounded one, small flat, large flat

So here we go:

tut01.jpg

The naked truth
weeping.gif

tut02.jpg

I usually use mineral foundation, also for concealing, but this time I used my BENEFIT It Stick for the dark circles and the redish spots. Also I have taken agnés b. HYDRASTRECH concealer under my eyes.

tut03.jpg

I use foundation for only at nose and chin and maybe between the brows. Although my complexion ist not very nice, I prefer it naturally :-D I used my BOBBI BROWN foundation stick in "sand" and applied it with my finger. The sma with the e/s base from ARTDECO on my lids. As long as it dries, I make my brows. I use the wax of BENEFITs Brow Zings "03". Also not too much. I prefer only defining :-D In the end a finish with 100% silk powder everywhere - also on my lids. Under the eyes I leave lot of powder, beacause I am going to use pigments :-D

Now I apply "Sharkslin" s/s on the lid and blend it with my finger. This will make my DEEP BLUE GREEN look deeper and long lasting :-D I hope so
lol.gif

tut07.jpg

This is my favorite brush: the rounded daVinci and a dip it into DEEP BLUE GREEN Pigment...

tut09.jpg

... and apply it on the lid and make a niceline from outer to inner corner - I go step by stepalways some millimeters higher.

tut10.jpg

Using a small, flat brush, mine is also from daVinci, I apply DEEP BLUE GREEN again in the lower lid just beyond the lashes. Go on to the outer corner and connect the bow with the dark area above and correct the shape.

tut11.jpg

I wet my larger, flat brush from daVinci with wb mixing mediom and dip it into TEAL Pigment. I dap the color in the middle of my lid, also a bit in the crease.

tut12.jpg

Now I use a dry 275 brush, take some TEAL again and apply it arround the wet area and blend it with DEEP BLUE GREEN by speckling it. (???)

tut13.jpg

The same brush and the same technique - but another pigment. I used FAIRYLITE under the brow, going lower until DEEP BLUE GREEN and applieng it 2-3mm over the dark area. Now I take the rounded daVinci brush again and take lot of FAIRYLITE and make the dark line much smoother...

tut14.jpg

... starting in the inner corner and leave lot pigment on the border and blend the two colors. I make some short movements from dark to light.

tut15.jpg

The same at the lower lid
smiles.gif

tut16.jpg

I used agnés b. liners - first the black on in the water line and unter the lashes - the "blue pacific" over the black one in the waterline. It makes the black softer and matches the DBG.

tut17.jpg

I dipped a liner brush (mine is TBS) into mixing medium and take some DEEP BLUE GREEN and make a line just over the lash line.

tut18.jpg

Apply black mascara - benefit PLUSH here - and he eye make up is done :-D

tut19.jpg
tut19_2.jpg

I don´t have so many brushes, also no specific, like 187, so I used my 129SH for my selfmade beauty powder, which is light mauve with nice shimmer, then for NAKED YOU MSF under the cheek bones, my lovely LIGHTSCAPADE on the cheeks and this one applied with my finger under the brow bow :-D

tut20.jpg

I have fringy lips, so I take some nude pencil and surround the lips. Then I apply LIP PLUMP by benefit on my lips - no, not to plump, but because of the tan colour. My lips get very dry when I use foundation. In the end some FLORABUNDACE lip glass and this is the result :-D

tut21.jpg

tut22.jpg

tut23.jpg

tut24.jpg

I hope you understand what I mean. If there is something
hmm.gif
, please let me know :-D

duch3ss25

wow, thanks for putting this up. i love teal and deep blue green piggies but i haven't really had the nerve to use them as e/s (only as liners). i sure will try this out, thanks!!

btw, you did a great job! the tut was really helpful
clap.gif

sharyn

You are gorgeous!!! I love the color combo and the way you presented this!

...und dooooch, deine "complexion" ist nice!!
th_wink3.gif

magi

Thank you :-D I am happy you like it :)

Sharyn, I have many red spots, but the pix don´t show them
lol.gif

Scorpio

This is beautiful! Maybe one day I will be able to use this tutorial to practice using darker colours
smiles.gif
Thank you!

Janice

You did a wonderful job!! I really like how you showcased the products you used, and used a film strip style picture to show application. I hope you will consider entering your tutorial in this month's contest!
smiles.gif

magi

Thank you sooo much. You are so cute :-D Can you help me: how can I enter the contest. I would give it a try :-D Have I only to post in the thread then?