Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anneri

Wow, Anitacska! Veeeeeery pretty manis (the turqoise one is my fave), and great hauls! I'm a bit jealous that you got your Nailland order already - it's my first order with them, and right now I'm a bit miffed because they shipped my order 6 days after I ordered! Whyyyyyyyy?! I mainly ordered to compare the whole process to HypnoticPolish, and it seems that I'll rather order there, even if shipping is more expensive (truth to be told I won't order at neither company for the next time, but well - don't think they'll send stuff to China!!!).

Hope your Alex is now standing and filled with polish - mine is being emptied and put away to be sent to China as I write this - it's a veeeery uncomfortable feeling tbh! I picked some single items I'll take with me in my luggage, but everything else will be on a ship for the next month. Gah. Nightmare inducing! Btw, I wanted to post pics from my mobile but couldn't - any advice?

Anitacska

Wow, Anitacska! Veeeeeery pretty manis (the turqoise one is my fave), and great hauls! I'm a bit jealous that you got your Nailland order already - it's my first order with them, and right now I'm a bit miffed because they shipped my order 6 days after I ordered! Whyyyyyyyy?! I mainly ordered to compare the whole process to HypnoticPolish, and it seems that I'll rather order there, even if shipping is more expensive (truth to be told I won't order at neither company for the next time, but well - don't think they'll send stuff to China!!!).

Hope your Alex is now standing and filled with polish - mine is being emptied and put away to be sent to China as I write this - it's a veeeery uncomfortable feeling tbh! I picked some single items I'll take with me in my luggage, but everything else will be on a ship for the next month. Gah. Nightmare inducing! Btw, I wanted to post pics from my mobile but couldn't - any advice?

My Nailland order was part of a group buy, so maybe that's why it was quick. But yeah, 6 days is too long. I love Hypnotic Polish, usually place an order every month, especially as they sell the exclusive Glam polishes. I usually manage to order enough for the reduced shipping rate, or even free shipping. Never had any problems with them. They do ship worldwide I believe.

Yep, my Alex is all put together and completely full. In fact I still have a drawer full of polishes I didn't manage to put into it. Oops. Oh, I would be so nervous about having my nail polish shipped to the other side of the world! Fingers crossed they arrive intact.

I haven't had an trouble posting from my mobile, just have to choose files instead of pictures when it asks for the source, but that's all. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Anitacska

No new nail polishes this week, but I received my Bundle Monster order. I love the watermarble style plate and was making decals with it, will apply them tonight and let you know how it went.

20160216_112003.jpg

My current mani is China Glaze When Stars Collide with China Glaze Material Girl (this week's 2011 untried) on the accents. I love this colour and the metallic look of the holo, but it was really hard to apply (pulling, bald spots). Still it's very pretty.

20160216_105234.jpg

Off to see the new Star Wars film with my son. We've watched/rewatched all 6 and got into them (got back into them again, on my part), so hubby is babysitting the girls while he and I are off to the cinema. Quite excited about it. :)

MRV

Glad to hear your EPs have finally arrived, hope you like them. I'm a bit disappointed in Winter, thought it would be more white. Some people on FB said it was. Haven't swatched it yet though, maybe it is more white when applied. Very slow though! 4 weeks??? But glad it slipped through customs at least and the boss's grubby hands, lol.

Sorry to hear you missed out on the restock too. At least she will restock them again soon. Yes, let me know your mobile number and I'll try my best to text asap when I hear. I don't know if she's doing the monthly mysteries anymore, I hope not. Monthlies are fine, but not mysteries.

Thank you! :)

I think holos that are pretty much opaque in one coat are fine for stamping. I don't often stamp with them, also the Lilypad wasn't very holo.

Lovely mani. What did you use on the accents in the last picture? Is it silver or purple or a gradient?

My current mani is CbL Good Fortune (an oldie, but not 2011) with Polished for Days Flake on the New Year. I was going to use China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara instead as my 2011 untried, but as soon as I applied it, I realised I had used it before. It wasn't marked as used on my spreadsheet, but I also have a column with details of every mani and it showed that I did use it in May 2015. Doh! I would've left it, but it was chipping already this morning, so replaced it with one of my newest purchases.

View attachment 52111

Thanks, yes, the EPs are nice. I don't mind Winter - I don't really have shades like that and I always knew it was light grey.

Looks like she's going to send a newsletter. Let's hope for the best.

Thanks! It's just two stamping polishes, a golden and purple one mixed.

Nice mani! I probably have not worn my GF yet.

I really *should* live through you all with all your awesome hauls, but I've to admit that I sneaked a tiny order in yesterday when I was totally frustrated about things. I have my 'doctors' appointments' week this week, and this far in, it has been hellishly expensive. New glasses (ouch!) and the dentist today (ouch again) and on Friday, with a bout of vaccines thrown in tomorrow. Oh joy! I ordered at Nailland, because I wanted one of her Llarowe's exclusives, and also I wanted to test out the shop - it has free shipping now for orders over 50€! (For Europe, I think - no idea about the UK.)

Otherwise I just want to roll around in nailpolishes like Midnight! ;)

Uh, your preparations sound painful!

I'm so relieved, people in the US have started receiving their EPs and have revealed the colour of Space Ghost. Since none of you have ordered or into mysteries, here are a couple of pictures:

View attachment 52114 View attachment 52115

Probably not worth $20, but at least it's not some ugly brown or orange or khaki. :)

Hey, what's wrong with ugly brown, orange or khaki!? :snooty:

Thank heavens your EPs arrived safely!

These are all very pretty!

Thanks, PQ!

New Mani!!!
F.U.N Lacquer The Art of Sparkle:
View attachment 52180

Yes it is, lovely sparkly!

I'm having a child free weekend, so went to IKEA yesterday to pick up another Alex. I've put all the drawers together, will assemble the mani part and transfer everything over. Hope all my nps will fit as I have no more space left for another one. I still need a plastic 4 drawer set for my make up, found one in Wilko for only £10 a while ago (they're normally £18, this was reduced because the leg thingies were missing, but I don't need those anyway). I will use the Helmer for papers, my computer desk is overflowing with bills, school papers, etc.

I have a few haul pictures to share. First up my EdM LE polishes from the sample sale. I missed out on the samples and one LE I really wanted, but an Aussie lady offered to have it sent to her from the Aus site, and I managed to order 3 holo samples too, so still waiting for those to arrive.

View attachment 52203

Also, I know I said I wasn't buying any polish for 2 weeks, and other than these I haven't, but a lady was selling EP Love the Way You Lilac and Majestic for £15 and £13, so had to grab those. Then turned out she also have IKOABD and offered me a decant, got 6.5 ml (the DL bottle) for £10! So happy about this, it's such a gorgeous colour and it's been on top of my list for ages. :cloud9:

View attachment 52204

Lastly here are the two new Nailland Hungary exclusive CbL polishes and a couple of stamping plates from El Corazon:

View attachment 52205

Two new manis, one is with my 2011 untried Models Own Champagne and Nails Inc. Newburgh Street, the other is Cupcake Polish Water You Doing with Liquid Sky Lacquer Believe. Champagne is much nicer than I expected and it's very opaque, so will try it for stamping soon, I reckon it'll work well.

View attachment 52206 View attachment 52207 View attachment 52208

Congrats on the Alex! Lovely hauls, you're lucky to grab those LEs and hard-to-find EPs. Love the manis, too. Champagne looks very nice and love WYD - yet another unworn for me.

I would be a total basket case if I had to ship my things to the other side of the world. Hope everything goes well with the moving. Did you receive your order yet?

No new nail polishes this week, but I received my Bundle Monster order. I love the watermarble style plate and was making decals with it, will apply them tonight and let you know how it went.

View attachment 52319

My current mani is China Glaze When Stars Collide with China Glaze Material Girl (this week's 2011 untried) on the accents. I love this colour and the metallic look of the holo, but it was really hard to apply (pulling, bald spots). Still it's very pretty.

View attachment 52320

Off to see the new Star Wars film with my son. We've watched/rewatched all 6 and got into them (got back into them again, on my part), so hubby is babysitting the girls while he and I are off to the cinema. Quite excited about it. :)

Love those plates on the left! I need to have a look at their selection. I think I have a reduction code somewhere...

The CG looks nice! Prettier than I thought it would. I think I got three of them, all still unworn.

How did you like the movie?

Anitacska

[FONT=georgia, times, times new roman, serif]
Newsletter from EP:

Mark your calendars! Restock coming soon!
[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, times, times new roman, serif]
When? Saturday, February 27th at 10am PST
Where? www.enchantedpolish.com
[/FONT]

Colors:
Dom-Vintage-Winter
Faerydae
Rainbow Ashes
Space Ghost
Stellar
Telenovela
Time Travel
Tulle
The Imagine Collection
Djinn in a Bottle

Anitacska

So there you go, an actual announced restock from EP. However, it's still going to be a scram as it's not a pre-order. Still unsure about Tulle, in some pictures it looks pink, in others it looks nude.

Oh and while I'm at it, PQ, Rainbow Connection is restocking the Femme Fatale exclusives on Monday. I think it's 8 pm.

Thanks, yes, the EPs are nice. I don't mind Winter - I don't really have shades like that and I always knew it was light grey.

Looks like she's going to send a newsletter. Let's hope for the best.

Thanks! It's just two stamping polishes, a golden and purple one mixed.

Nice mani! I probably have not worn my GF yet.

Uh, your preparations sound painful!

Hey, what's wrong with ugly brown, orange or khaki!? :snooty:

Lol, sorry, I knew this will upset you. Those are just not my colours, iykwim.

Thanks, PQ!

Yes it is, lovely sparkly!

Congrats on the Alex! Lovely hauls, you're lucky to grab those LEs and hard-to-find EPs. Love the manis, too. Champagne looks very nice and love WYD - yet another unworn for me.

I would be a total basket case if I had to ship my things to the other side of the world. Hope everything goes well with the moving. Did you receive your order yet?

Love those plates on the left! I need to have a look at their selection. I think I have a reduction code somewhere...

The CG looks nice! Prettier than I thought it would. I think I got three of them, all still unworn.

How did you like the movie?

Thank you on all counts.

The movie was good, although I was quite upset about *something happening* to one of the characters (won't spoil it in case you want to see it) and it was pretty much the same formula as the others, but fun. Like the new feisty girl in it and BB8, the robot is super cute!

This week's manis:

View attachment 52343 EP Mercy (franken stamping)
View attachment 52344 P&J #15 La Revue with #028 Fairie Queen
View attachment 52345 FF Jewels from the Deep

Lovely manis as always! The FF and EP are among my untrieds.

Anneri

I still want Tulle, Telenovela and Time Travel, but I rather doubt I'll be getting them because everybody and their kitchen sink will rush to the site to order. Meh.

I'm in serious need of a pick me up after this week, so I really hope it works out.

MRV, how did you mix your stamping franken? It looks lovely!

Anita, would you go just for Tulle or is there anything else you'd order? And how did your decal making work out?

Oh, and I did get my order. Totally weird, because on the shipping label the sender's address is located in Krefeld, which is a few kilometres from my hometown, and definitely not in Hungary!

Anitacska

Current mani (about to come off) is Femme Fatale Void Shatter with the decals I made with the Bundle Monster watermarble stamping plate. Decals turned out fine, but my application skills leave something to desire.

20160218_114538.jpg

Last night I was rather busy frankening some polishes. I accidentally came across a beautiful Femme Fatale polish that was a FB group exclusive about a year ago and is of course not available anymore, so I tried to recreate it. It's called Ever Elusive, google it at your own risk (you WILL want it). The polish on the right is fairly close to it. Then I carried on and made a more pink version. :)

20160218_225747.jpg 20160219_131649.jpg
20160219_131658.jpg 20160219_132008.jpg

Anitacska

I still want Tulle, Telenovela and Time Travel, but I rather doubt I'll be getting them because everybody and their kitchen sink will rush to the site to order. Meh.

I'm in serious need of a pick me up after this week, so I really hope it works out.

MRV, how did you mix your stamping franken? It looks lovely!

Anita, would you go just for Tulle or is there anything else you'd order? And how did your decal making work out?

Oh, and I did get my order. Totally weird, because on the shipping label the sender's address is located in Krefeld, which is a few kilometres from my hometown, and definitely not in Hungary!

I'll only go for Tulle as I got all the others last time. I'd go for Tulle first and then try for the others. They were still fairly easy to get 20 minutes into the launch last time. Tulle sold out first.

Decals mani's posted above!

How weird about the Nailland order.

Hope you're okay. I've not been having a great time myself, trouble with children and my mother being a martyr/drama queen every time she e-mails me. Ugh.

PearlyQueen

Amen to that!

Thank you! And Midnight says thanks too! :)

Thanks.

I'm keeping an eye out!

Very sparkly and pretty!

I'm having a child free weekend, so went to IKEA yesterday to pick up another Alex. I've put all the drawers together, will assemble the mani part and transfer everything over. Hope all my nps will fit as I have no more space left for another one. I still need a plastic 4 drawer set for my make up, found one in Wilko for only £10 a while ago (they're normally £18, this was reduced because the leg thingies were missing, but I don't need those anyway). I will use the Helmer for papers, my computer desk is overflowing with bills, school papers, etc.

I have a few haul pictures to share. First up my EdM LE polishes from the sample sale. I missed out on the samples and one LE I really wanted, but an Aussie lady offered to have it sent to her from the Aus site, and I managed to order 3 holo samples too, so still waiting for those to arrive.

View attachment 52203

Also, I know I said I wasn't buying any polish for 2 weeks, and other than these I haven't, but a lady was selling EP Love the Way You Lilac and Majestic for £15 and £13, so had to grab those. Then turned out she also have IKOABD and offered me a decant, got 6.5 ml (the DL bottle) for £10! So happy about this, it's such a gorgeous colour and it's been on top of my list for ages. :cloud9:

View attachment 52204

Lastly here are the two new Nailland Hungary exclusive CbL polishes and a couple of stamping plates from El Corazon:

View attachment 52205

Two new manis, one is with my 2011 untried Models Own Champagne and Nails Inc. Newburgh Street, the other is Cupcake Polish Water You Doing with Liquid Sky Lacquer Believe. Champagne is much nicer than I expected and it's very opaque, so will try it for stamping soon, I reckon it'll work well.

View attachment 52206 View attachment 52207 View attachment 52208
Lovely deliveries, I do like EdM. And well done on the cheap EP bargains, well worth grabbing! Lovely manis too, beautiful colours.

PearlyQueen

So there you go, an actual announced restock from EP. However, it's still going to be a scram as it's not a pre-order. Still unsure about Tulle, in some pictures it looks pink, in others it looks nude.

Oh and while I'm at it, PQ, Rainbow Connection is restocking the Femme Fatale exclusives on Monday. I think it's 8 pm.

Thank you on all counts.

The movie was good, although I was quite upset about *something happening* to one of the characters (won't spoil it in case you want to see it) and it was pretty much the same formula as the others, but fun. Like the new feisty girl in it and BB8, the robot is super cute!

Lovely manis as always! The FF and EP are among my untrieds.

Thanks Anita! I'm hoping to snag those EPs, and I may splurge on FF too!

PearlyQueen

Current mani (about to come off) is Femme Fatale Void Shatter with the decals I made with the Bundle Monster watermarble stamping plate. Decals turned out fine, but my application skills leave something to desire.

View attachment 52354

Last night I was rather busy frankening some polishes. I accidentally came across a beautiful Femme Fatale polish that was a FB group exclusive about a year ago and is of course not available anymore, so I tried to recreate it. It's called Ever Elusive, google it at your own risk (you WILL want it). The polish on the right is fairly close to it. Then I carried on and made a more pink version. :)

View attachment 52355 View attachment 52356
View attachment 52357 View attachment 52358

Pretty decals! And congrats on frankening your most wanted polish - a great idea! Do you think I could do that with all those EPs I've missed???!

PearlyQueen

I'll only go for Tulle as I got all the others last time. I'd go for Tulle first and then try for the others. They were still fairly easy to get 20 minutes into the launch last time. Tulle sold out first.

Decals mani's posted above!

How weird about the Nailland order.

Hope you're okay. I've not been having a great time myself, trouble with children and my mother being a martyr/drama queen every time she e-mails me. Ugh.

I suspect it will be a bit more difficult tonight, since she's actually told people this time! I'm braced for total failure :(

Anneri

I suspect it will be a bit more difficult tonight, since she's actually told people this time! I'm braced for total failure :(

It'll be next Saturday PQ!
I actually came here to post that I stupidly rushed home right now and then realised it's the 27th! Doh!

PearlyQueen

Since I'm here, this is my current mani - Dance Legend Holy Diver:
holy diver.JPG

Not sure why it looks blue, on my fingers it is blatantly green!

Latest posts