Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MRV

My current mani is EP Hot Chocolate with Polish Me Silly Bombshell on the accents and stamped over with Color Alike Mars. Anneri was right, I really love these stamping polishes. Slightly underwhelmed by Hot Chocolate though. I have the old round bottle version, I don't know what the rerelease is like, but this is so sheer, took 3 coats and it still looks pale and quite frankly boring.

View attachment 52362 View attachment 52363
View attachment 52364 View attachment 52365

Beautiful mani! Love the combo and drooling over the stamping polish. Where do you girls order them from? Sorry about HC, I also have it (unused) but in the square bottle.

Thanks. The EP is alright, but just that, alright. Hopefully the newer bottles have better formula. I definitely prefer Vampires Suck over this.

My current mani is China Glaze Senorita Bonita (2011 untried) with Lilypad Lacquer Magical Beauty. Pictures don't do it justice though, SB is so glowy and MB is just amazing.

View attachment 52382 View attachment 52383

My Australian FB friend's package has come with the EdM sample and LE polishes.

View attachment 52384

LE25 and the two samples on the left are amazing. The one on the right is nice, a dusty light purple.

PQ don't forget Femme Fatale restock on RC at 8.30 pm including the exclusives!

Awesomeness! Senorita Bonita is one of my fave CGs - it really is so glowy!

Nice friend, love the one on the left.

Very pretty manis, esp the top too. Love the stamping on the bottom one too, I'm just not an orange person. How come I don't own PP Mirage though? :(

Thanks!

Couple of new manis and a small haul picture. I didn't buy anything all week apart from these in TKMaxx and nothing has arrived yet either. Have a few packages en route including 30 polishes from Stackry. Actually, that's a weird story, got a call from DHL the other day saying they don't know what's in the package as it only says dangerous goods, so can I e-mail them with what's in it and what quantity. So I had to tell them it was 30 bottles of polish. However, I only put $20 value on it. We shall see if they realised it and revalue the package. Hope not.

View attachment 52558

A-England Proserpine with Wingdust Dancing Queen

View attachment 52559

Girly Bits Downtown Funk. So annoying, really love this colour in the bottle, but it just doesn't look right on me. :(

View attachment 52560

So Ladies, don't forget the EP restock at 6 pm (UK) / 7 pm (EU) / 8 pm (Finland)! I've decided I'm going for Tulle after all. My others should arrive on Monday with DHL.

Hope you get your package safely. Last Friday I received three packages from the US, one slipped through (full of FFs), but I'm still sad that a package with clothing was taxed because normally it has come through (and it was a box before, now just a plastic bag) :( .

Love the AE mani! I have not paid attention to this polish. I don't think the pink looks bad but if it's a stainer, it's always a downer.

Lovely manis - I adore Paper Moon, and the OPI is really vibrant!

Thank you, PQ!

New mani is Starrily Blitzen:
View attachment 52562

Pretty glitter!

Thank you. I hate the pink polish even more now, it stained like crazy! :(

Very pretty mani!

Glad you all managed to order what you wanted, I got Tulle, the only one I was missing. It was in carts already after a minute, crazy! Luckily I didn't have to do any refreshing, managed to add it straight away.

Well done - it feels like a sporting achievement somehow when you get all you want from an EP restock!!!

Thanks, girls! Looks like we all got lucky. How come Tulle went so fast??

MRV

And here is one of the FFs: Anita's Dust of Nibiru. It's a lovely polish (kind of blurple but teal going on) but a PITA to photograph, sigh. Here in shade so you don't see the purple shimmer that much.

View attachment 52642

Anitacska

I've got a lot to share with you, got my Stackry package yesterday with 30 polishes (didn't get customs on it, yay!) and one from C4N today with 6. Really annoyed with Stackry though. One of my EPs (Stellar) came without its box and it's obvious that someone at Stackry took it, because it was in a completely different bubblewrap from the others, plus EP always sends them in boxes. Also one of my Glams was taken out of the pack of 10 polishes and again, clearly opened as it was in a different bubblewrap (same as the EP). Find it really disturbing, that someone had a good look at them and really annoying that they decided to take the EP box! Why would anyone do that??? I have e-mailed them to complain, but I doubt they'll do anything about it.

Anyway, here's the contents of my box!

View attachment 52647

Will post more, but I suddenly got really busy and now it's telly time. :)

Anitacska

Okay, be prepared for an epic post!

First off my Stackry lot:

20160229_135821.jpg

20160229_135826.jpg

These all have flakies in them. I'm crazy about flakies at the moment.

Holo Hookup January box:

20160229_140143.jpg

View attachment 52654

20160229_140510.jpg

20160229_140503.jpg

I also got 6 Lilypads from C4N. I think these are all exclusives, the two on the right are the C4N FB group exclusives.

20160301_131950.jpg

Multichrome stamping polishes from El Corazon, came this morning:

20160302_095327.jpg

20160302_095351.jpg

Lakkomlakkom reviewed them, they're amazing!

Now onto manis. First one is Powder Perfect Vault of Heaven with decals I made with the Bundle Monster watermarble plate and OPI and Dance Legend tints, applied over Kiko 400 dark grey holo polish.

20160228_150518.jpg 20160228_150611.jpg

Current mani is 2011 untrieds, Urban Decay Super Freak with UD Ziggy on top of the accents.

20160301_143352.jpg

Anitacska

Oh no, I wasn't taken with it but it didn't look like it would stain too.
Glad you got Tulle, I had planned to skip it anyway as I can't just buy everything, and it probably wouldn't suit me. I was really pleased to snag all of the others though - one reason I skipped the other RC FF!

Thanks.

Well done - it feels like a sporting achievement somehow when you get all you want from an EP restock!!!

It certainly feels like that afterwards, all the adrenalin, the exhaustion! :(

Thanks! I actually saw the movie already before Christmas. Yep, the *something happening* was rather sad but understandable. Unfortunately I knew about it before it happened because a group of young boys were sitting next to me and they were talking and commenting all the time! :smashfreak:

Thanks! It's just one of the (two) frankens I made a good while back (the time when one of the bottles just exploded in my hand and the polish flew all over if you remember).

Great mani, the decals look nice, and well done with the franken! (I did google :( )

Thanks, PQ!

Nice, sparkly!

Love SW! It's a great neon.

Oh how annoying about the boys talking through the film! :mad:

Thank you! Told you to only google at your own risk, lol!

Beautiful mani! Love the combo and drooling over the stamping polish. Where do you girls order them from? Sorry about HC, I also have it (unused) but in the square bottle.

Awesomeness! Senorita Bonita is one of my fave CGs - it really is so glowy!

Nice friend, love the one on the left.

Thanks!

Hope you get your package safely. Last Friday I received three packages from the US, one slipped through (full of FFs), but I'm still sad that a package with clothing was taxed because normally it has come through (and it was a box before, now just a plastic bag) :( .

Love the AE mani! I have not paid attention to this polish. I don't think the pink looks bad but if it's a stainer, it's always a downer.

Thank you, PQ!

Pretty glitter!

Thanks, girls! Looks like we all got lucky. How come Tulle went so fast??

Thank you! I got the stamping polish from RC, but Nailland Hungary carries them too and you can also order directly from Color Alike.

Yeah, that's LE25 that sold out really quickly on the US site esp as she did the launch at stupid o'clock.

Sorry to hear about the customs charge. :( DHL didn't realise that 30 polishes cost more than $20, so I was lucky.

I don't know why Tulle went so fast, I guess it's a very wearable shade?

And here is one of the FFs: Anita's Dust of Nibiru. It's a lovely polish (kind of blurple but teal going on) but a PITA to photograph, sigh. Here in shade so you don't see the purple shimmer that much.

View attachment 52642

Pretty. Mine is still en route, but hopefully it'll be here soon.

Just dropping in to share this article which is good fun! http://www.byrdie.co.uk/nail-polish-horoscope-2016?ps=home
What's your polish of the month? Mine is ILNP Empire, which I like!

Lol, is this sponsored by Color Club? Mine is CC Cosmic Fate. So are we supposed to wear just one polish this month? :rofl:

PearlyQueen

I've got a lot to share with you, got my Stackry package yesterday with 30 polishes (didn't get customs on it, yay!) and one from C4N today with 6. Really annoyed with Stackry though. One of my EPs (Stellar) came without its box and it's obvious that someone at Stackry took it, because it was in a completely different bubblewrap from the others, plus EP always sends them in boxes. Also one of my Glams was taken out of the pack of 10 polishes and again, clearly opened as it was in a different bubblewrap (same as the EP). Find it really disturbing, that someone had a good look at them and really annoying that they decided to take the EP box! Why would anyone do that??? I have e-mailed them to complain, but I doubt they'll do anything about it.

Anyway, here's the contents of my box!

View attachment 52647

Will post more, but I suddenly got really busy and now it's telly time. :)
That looks like a nice quality haul, I see things I wish I'd bought!
How annoying about your EP box, hope mine survive the Stackry treatment :(
I'll be interested to hear what they say - I guess they have a getout with the "don't keep original packaging" option, maybe the inner boxes count too :(

PearlyQueen

Okay, be prepared for an epic post!

First off my Stackry lot:

View attachment 52651

View attachment 52652

These all have flakies in them. I'm crazy about flakies at the moment.

Holo Hookup January box:

View attachment 52653

View attachment 52654

View attachment 52655

View attachment 52656

I also got 6 Lilypads from C4N. I think these are all exclusives, the two on the right are the C4N FB group exclusives.

View attachment 52657

Multichrome stamping polishes from El Corazon, came this morning:

View attachment 52658

View attachment 52659

Lakkomlakkom reviewed them, they're amazing!

Now onto manis. First one is Powder Perfect Vault of Heaven with decals I made with the Bundle Monster watermarble plate and OPI and Dance Legend tints, applied over Kiko 400 dark grey holo polish.

View attachment 52660 View attachment 52661

Current mani is 2011 untrieds, Urban Decay Super Freak with UD Ziggy on top of the accents.

View attachment 52662

Fab haul now I see it in detail. Should have got that Holo Hookup box...
What's the bright blue Glam??? It's very appealing!!!
Those multichrome stampers look amazing too.
I totally love your work with the decals - absolutely stunning. And I like both manis - the gold is so classy looking.

Anitacska

That looks like a nice quality haul, I see things I wish I'd bought!
How annoying about your EP box, hope mine survive the Stackry treatment :(
I'll be interested to hear what they say - I guess they have a getout with the "don't keep original packaging" option, maybe the inner boxes count too :(

Yeah, well basically they gave me a lot of bullshit about them throwing out the original packaging to reduce bulk. Funnily enough there were 7 bottles in boxes and they only threw out one?! They did apologise and said next time make sure to mark keep the original packaging, and they did give me $16 credit, so I guess that's all they can do. Although last night I realised they also threw out a sheet of vinyl hearts that should've come with my Alchemy Lacquer order, but they did keep the business cards?! The manager said it's mostly men who do the consolidating, which explains a lot, bet if it was women, they wouldn't think about throwing stuff like that out!

I e-mailed Chelsea and asked if she could send me an extra box with my Tulle order, she actually e-mailed me back, but I was too late, because she'd already dropped off my package. (Although tracking still says pre-shipment info sent to USPS? Edit: it's just arrived in Nashua, so I guess she was telling the truth. :)) Still at least she replied. Oh well, I'll live without the box I guess.

Fab haul now I see it in detail. Should have got that Holo Hookup box...
What's the bright blue Glam??? It's very appealing!!!
Those multichrome stampers look amazing too.
I totally love your work with the decals - absolutely stunning. And I like both manis - the gold is so classy looking.

Thanks. The HH box is really pretty, the Cupcake especially is gorgeous, my picture doesn't show it properly. The blue Glam is I Don't Do Fashion, I am Fashion and it is beautiful! Definitely a must have! ;)

Thank you. I was pleased with the decals. It's a lot of faff, but does look good. I need to try the watermarble plate with one of the multichrome stamping polishes, bet it'll look great. (PS. Hypnotic Polish said they're getting those this month, in case you're interested. ;) )

I'm really enjoying this challenge of using my oldest polishes, like the UD Super Freak, never thought it would look this good.

Last edited:

Anitacska

A couple more haul pictures and a new mani.

First is my Beauty So Fly order including Dust of Niburu, it's very pretty indeed!

20160303_113108.jpg

Also a small CbL order from RC.

20160303_141808.jpg

Finally, my mani, Darling Diva BEWBS!!! :D with Darling Diva Too Schmexxxy on top of the accents. I'd been wanting to try out this polish as it's such an amazing colour, but I'm quite disappointed with it. Firstly it was quite thick and hard to apply, secondly it started chipping really quickly (probably because of the thickness). Meh.

20160303_102001.jpg

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

Yeah, well basically they gave me a lot of bullshit about them throwing out the original packaging to reduce bulk. Funnily enough there were 7 bottles in boxes and they only threw out one?! They did apologise and said next time make sure to mark keep the original packaging, and they did give me $16 credit, so I guess that's all they can do. Although last night I realised they also threw out a sheet of vinyl hearts that should've come with my Alchemy Lacquer order, but they did keep the business cards?! The manager said it's mostly men who do the consolidating, which explains a lot, bet if it was women, they wouldn't think about throwing stuff like that out! I e-mailed Chelsea and asked if she could send me an extra box with my Tulle order, she actually e-mailed me back, but I was too late, because she'd already dropped off my package. (Although tracking still says pre-shipment info sent to USPS? Edit: it's just arrived in Nashua, so I guess she was telling the truth. :)) Still at least she replied. Oh well, I'll live without the box I guess. Thanks. The HH box is really pretty, the Cupcake especially is gorgeous, my picture doesn't show it properly. The blue Glam is I Don't Do Fashion, I am Fashion and it is beautiful! Definitely a must have! ;) Thank you. I was pleased with the decals. It's a lot of faff, but does look good. I need to try the watermarble plate with one of the multichrome stamping polishes, bet it'll look great. (PS. Hypnotic Polish said they're getting those this month, in case you're interested. ;) ) I'm really enjoying this challenge of using my oldest polishes, like the UD Super Freak, never thought it would look this good.
Such a shame about the box - and about missing out on the replacement by a few hours probably :( Although $16 is fair recompense I think, I wouldn't pay that for a box! The Cupcake does look good, look forward to seeing it on. And thanks for the Glam info, I have added it to my wishlist (I originally only fancied a couple from that collection!) - I'm up to about 6 Glams I want now... I bet it was a faff making decals but I love the result! And I agree, sometimes going back to old polishes reminds you of why you bought them in the first place!

PearlyQueen

A couple more haul pictures and a new mani. First is my Beauty So Fly order including Dust of Niburu, it's very pretty indeed! View attachment 52699 Also a small CbL order from RC. View attachment 52700 Finally, my mani, Darling Diva BEWBS!!! :D with Darling Diva Too Schmexxxy on top of the accents. I'd been wanting to try out this polish as it's such an amazing colour, but I'm quite disappointed with it. Firstly it was quite thick and hard to apply, secondly it started chipping really quickly (probably because of the thickness). Meh. View attachment 52701
Your FFs look stunning! I've been hunting for Giant Giraffes in my Yard (the CbL, not the long necked mammal...!) - every stockist seems to have the whole KK collection except that one! I don't know if they didn't get it at all or if they sold really quickly :( I didn't rush to any of the restocks - was patiently waiting for RC when hubby served dinner, didn't think it would matter, when I got back no Giraffes :( Same thing happened at Harlow, though it wasn't down to hubby that time! I didn't think it would be that popular! Lovely mani, though gutted to hear about the formula - it's one I have and I too have been looking forward to wearing it because it looks so good in the bottle :(

PearlyQueen

Last week's mani was Takko Lacquer Xocomil:
xocomil.JPG

I think I've spoiled myself with so many complex polishes recently, I found this a bit boring. The shimmer is much more subtle in real life, it just comes out to play at an angle in direct light, the polish mostly reads like a cream - nice colour but I wanted to stamp on it or something!

Anitacska

Such a shame about the box - and about missing out on the replacement by a few hours probably :( Although $16 is fair recompense I think, I wouldn't pay that for a box! The Cupcake does look good, look forward to seeing it on. And thanks for the Glam info, I have added it to my wishlist (I originally only fancied a couple from that collection!) - I'm up to about 6 Glams I want now... I bet it was a faff making decals but I love the result! And I agree, sometimes going back to old polishes reminds you of why you bought them in the first place!

Yeah, I thought that was fair. Basically free polish! ;) I bought all but one (the light purple) of that Glam collection, plus two of the trio. Yesterday I ordered all 12 new ones. Oops!

Your FFs look stunning! I've been hunting for Giant Giraffes in my Yard (the CbL, not the long necked mammal...!) - every stockist seems to have the whole KK collection except that one! I don't know if they didn't get it at all or if they sold really quickly :( I didn't rush to any of the restocks - was patiently waiting for RC when hubby served dinner, didn't think it would matter, when I got back no Giraffes :( Same thing happened at Harlow, though it wasn't down to hubby that time! I didn't think it would be that popular! Lovely mani, though gutted to hear about the formula - it's one I have and I too have been looking forward to wearing it because it looks so good in the bottle :(

No, the giraffe one was definitely in stock in both shops. Mine it's coming from HP. I'm sure it'll be restocked again soon.

I think Bewbs would be fine after a few drops of nail polish thinner. It is a very pretty colour!

Last week's mani was Takko Lacquer Xocomil:
View attachment 52715

I think I've spoiled myself with so many complex polishes recently, I found this a bit boring. The shimmer is much more subtle in real life, it just comes out to play at an angle in direct light, the polish mostly reads like a cream - nice colour but I wanted to stamp on it or something!

It's pretty though. But yes, I normally use a glitter polish with creamy ones or straight up holos. Or stamping if I have time.