Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Lovely deliveries, I do like EdM. And well done on the cheap EP bargains, well worth grabbing! Lovely manis too, beautiful colours.

Thank you!

Thanks Anita! I'm hoping to snag those EPs, and I may splurge on FF too!

You're welcome. Good luck. Hope she makes loads.

Pretty decals! And congrats on frankening your most wanted polish - a great idea! Do you think I could do that with all those EPs I've missed???!

Thanks. If you had the right pigments, maybe. ;)

It'll be next Saturday PQ!
I actually came here to post that I stupidly rushed home right now and then realised it's the 27th! Doh!

Haha, guess who didn't check the date! Next week...!

Lol at you two! :D

Since I'm here, this is my current mani - Dance Legend Holy Diver:
View attachment 52360

Not sure why it looks blue, on my fingers it is blatantly green!

This is so pretty, green or blue regardless.

China Glaze Sun Worshipper
(Because it looked like a mango lol)

View attachment 52361

Very summery!

My current mani is EP Hot Chocolate with Polish Me Silly Bombshell on the accents and stamped over with Color Alike Mars. Anneri was right, I really love these stamping polishes. Slightly underwhelmed by Hot Chocolate though. I have the old round bottle version, I don't know what the rerelease is like, but this is so sheer, took 3 coats and it still looks pale and quite frankly boring.

20160220_113554.jpg 20160220_113719.jpg
20160220_113740.jpg 20160220_113748.jpg

PearlyQueen

Thank you!

You're welcome. Good luck. Hope she makes loads.

Thanks. If you had the right pigments, maybe. ;)

Lol at you two! :D

This is so pretty, green or blue regardless.

Very summery!

My current mani is EP Hot Chocolate with Polish Me Silly Bombshell on the accents and stamped over with Color Alike Mars. Anneri was right, I really love these stamping polishes. Slightly underwhelmed by Hot Chocolate though. I have the old round bottle version, I don't know what the rerelease is like, but this is so sheer, took 3 coats and it still looks pale and quite frankly boring.

View attachment 52362 View attachment 52363
View attachment 52364 View attachment 52365

Pretty mani - shame you were disappointed by Hot Chocolate. I have that one too, hope I like it when I finally get round to wearing it! Mine is in a square bottle though, maybe the formula will be improved.

Anitacska

Pretty mani - shame you were disappointed by Hot Chocolate. I have that one too, hope I like it when I finally get round to wearing it! Mine is in a square bottle though, maybe the formula will be improved.

Thanks. The EP is alright, but just that, alright. Hopefully the newer bottles have better formula. I definitely prefer Vampires Suck over this.

My current mani is China Glaze Senorita Bonita (2011 untried) with Lilypad Lacquer Magical Beauty. Pictures don't do it justice though, SB is so glowy and MB is just amazing.

20160222_131942.jpg 20160222_132026.jpg

My Australian FB friend's package has come with the EdM sample and LE polishes.

20160222_110952.jpg

LE25 and the two samples on the left are amazing. The one on the right is nice, a dusty light purple.

PQ don't forget Femme Fatale restock on RC at 8.30 pm including the exclusives!

PearlyQueen

Thanks. The EP is alright, but just that, alright. Hopefully the newer bottles have better formula. I definitely prefer Vampires Suck over this.

My current mani is China Glaze Senorita Bonita (2011 untried) with Lilypad Lacquer Magical Beauty. Pictures don't do it justice though, SB is so glowy and MB is just amazing.

View attachment 52382 View attachment 52383

My Australian FB friend's package has come with the EdM sample and LE polishes.

View attachment 52384

LE25 and the two samples on the left are amazing. The one on the right is nice, a dusty light purple.

PQ don't forget Femme Fatale restock on RC at 8.30 pm including the exclusives!

Thanks for the reminder! I got one of the exclusives and "your" polish!
Pretty mani, pretty haul! I love the third one!

Last edited:

Anitacska

Thanks for the reminder! I got one of the exclusives and "your" polish!
Pretty mani, pretty haul! I love the third one!

You're welcome. Did you not want both exclusives, or did one sell out quickly? Which one did you get?

Thank you. Yes, that red one is gorgeous. The nude one is also very pretty, it has colourful pastel glitter/small flakies.

MRV

I'll comment later but here are the latest manis:

View attachment 52538 CbL Paper Moon

View attachment 52539 PP mirage

View attachment 52540 OPI Orange You Stylish! This is one of the Coca Cola Collection polishes (a European exclusive) that I happened to grab some time ago. I really love this shade of orange! It looks a bit brownish in the bottle and thus has a bit muted feel but it's bright at the same time.

Anitacska

View attachment 52540 OPI Orange You Stylish! This is one of the Coca Cola Collection polishes (a European exclusive) that I happened to grab some time ago. I really love this shade of orange! It looks a bit brownish in the bottle and thus has a bit muted feel but it's bright at the same time.

Very pretty manis, esp the top too. Love the stamping on the bottom one too, I'm just not an orange person. How come I don't own PP Mirage though? :(

Anitacska

Couple of new manis and a small haul picture. I didn't buy anything all week apart from these in TKMaxx and nothing has arrived yet either. Have a few packages en route including 30 polishes from Stackry. Actually, that's a weird story, got a call from DHL the other day saying they don't know what's in the package as it only says dangerous goods, so can I e-mail them with what's in it and what quantity. So I had to tell them it was 30 bottles of polish. However, I only put $20 value on it. We shall see if they realised it and revalue the package. Hope not.

20160226_162238.jpg

A-England Proserpine with Wingdust Dancing Queen

20160224_094214.jpg

Girly Bits Downtown Funk. So annoying, really love this colour in the bottle, but it just doesn't look right on me. :(

20160226_110224.jpg

So Ladies, don't forget the EP restock at 6 pm (UK) / 7 pm (EU) / 8 pm (Finland)! I've decided I'm going for Tulle after all. My others should arrive on Monday with DHL.

PearlyQueen

You're welcome. Did you not want both exclusives, or did one sell out quickly? Which one did you get?

Thank you. Yes, that red one is gorgeous. The nude one is also very pretty, it has colourful pastel glitter/small flakies.

Sadly I can't afford everything! I got Prim and Copper as it's a bit more unique IMO, maybe I'll get the other later!

PearlyQueen

Lovely manis - I adore Paper Moon, and the OPI is really vibrant!

PearlyQueen

Couple of new manis and a small haul picture. I didn't buy anything all week apart from these in TKMaxx and nothing has arrived yet either. Have a few packages en route including 30 polishes from Stackry. Actually, that's a weird story, got a call from DHL the other day saying they don't know what's in the package as it only says dangerous goods, so can I e-mail them with what's in it and what quantity. So I had to tell them it was 30 bottles of polish. However, I only put $20 value on it. We shall see if they realised it and revalue the package. Hope not.

View attachment 52558

A-England Proserpine with Wingdust Dancing Queen

View attachment 52559

Girly Bits Downtown Funk. So annoying, really love this colour in the bottle, but it just doesn't look right on me. :(

View attachment 52560

So Ladies, don't forget the EP restock at 6 pm (UK) / 7 pm (EU) / 8 pm (Finland)! I've decided I'm going for Tulle after all. My others should arrive on Monday with DHL.

Nice little haul - and I love the blue mani! I hope I snag all my EP wishlist!

Anneri

Well, that was astonishingly painless! I got Timetravel, Tulle and Telenovela. :yay:

I'm posting btw from a nearly completely empty flat - I'm sitting on the floor in front of the laptop, and we'll be sleeping at a hotel for the next days, but I didn't trust hotel wifi... ;)

Hubby thinks I'm completely insane, btw. :D

PearlyQueen

Well, that was astonishingly painless! I got Timetravel, Tulle and Telenovela. :yay:

I'm posting btw from a nearly completely empty flat - I'm sitting on the floor in front of the laptop, and we'll be sleeping at a hotel for the next days, but I didn't trust hotel wifi... ;)

Yay, go us! Hubby may be right...!!! But of course well worth it!

MRV

Congrats!!! No, we are totally sane! :hehe:

Got everything except Tulle, which I wasn't bothered about as it's not really my colour!

Likewise! It's SO now.

I was actually in the capital the whole day and just came home 15 minutes before the restock. So tired now! :zombie:

Anitacska

Nice little haul - and I love the blue mani! I hope I snag all my EP wishlist!

Thank you. I hate the pink polish even more now, it stained like crazy! :(

New mani is Starrily Blitzen:
View attachment 52562

Very pretty mani!

Glad you all managed to order what you wanted, I got Tulle, the only one I was missing. It was in carts already after a minute, crazy! Luckily I didn't have to do any refreshing, managed to add it straight away.

PearlyQueen

Thank you. I hate the pink polish even more now, it stained like crazy! :(

Very pretty mani!

Glad you all managed to order what you wanted, I got Tulle, the only one I was missing. It was in carts already after a minute, crazy! Luckily I didn't have to do any refreshing, managed to add it straight away.

Oh no, I wasn't taken with it but it didn't look like it would stain too.
Glad you got Tulle, I had planned to skip it anyway as I can't just buy everything, and it probably wouldn't suit me. I was really pleased to snag all of the others though - one reason I skipped the other RC FF!

PearlyQueen

Congrats!!! No, we are totally sane! :hehe:

Likewise! It's SO now.

I was actually in the capital the whole day and just came home 15 minutes before the restock. So tired now! :zombie:

Well done - it feels like a sporting achievement somehow when you get all you want from an EP restock!!!

MRV

So there you go, an actual announced restock from EP. However, it's still going to be a scram as it's not a pre-order. Still unsure about Tulle, in some pictures it looks pink, in others it looks nude.

Oh and while I'm at it, PQ, Rainbow Connection is restocking the Femme Fatale exclusives on Monday. I think it's 8 pm.

Thank you on all counts.

The movie was good, although I was quite upset about *something happening* to one of the characters (won't spoil it in case you want to see it) and it was pretty much the same formula as the others, but fun. Like the new feisty girl in it and BB8, the robot is super cute!

Lovely manis as always! The FF and EP are among my untrieds.

Thanks! I actually saw the movie already before Christmas. Yep, the *something happening* was rather sad but understandable. Unfortunately I knew about it before it happened because a group of young boys were sitting next to me and they were talking and commenting all the time! :smashfreak:

I still want Tulle, Telenovela and Time Travel, but I rather doubt I'll be getting them because everybody and their kitchen sink will rush to the site to order. Meh.

I'm in serious need of a pick me up after this week, so I really hope it works out.

MRV, how did you mix your stamping franken? It looks lovely!

Anita, would you go just for Tulle or is there anything else you'd order? And how did your decal making work out?

Oh, and I did get my order. Totally weird, because on the shipping label the sender's address is located in Krefeld, which is a few kilometres from my hometown, and definitely not in Hungary!

Thanks! It's just one of the (two) frankens I made a good while back (the time when one of the bottles just exploded in my hand and the polish flew all over if you remember).

Current mani (about to come off) is Femme Fatale Void Shatter with the decals I made with the Bundle Monster watermarble stamping plate. Decals turned out fine, but my application skills leave something to desire.

View attachment 52354

Last night I was rather busy frankening some polishes. I accidentally came across a beautiful Femme Fatale polish that was a FB group exclusive about a year ago and is of course not available anymore, so I tried to recreate it. It's called Ever Elusive, google it at your own risk (you WILL want it). The polish on the right is fairly close to it. Then I carried on and made a more pink version. :)

View attachment 52355 View attachment 52356
View attachment 52357 View attachment 52358

Great mani, the decals look nice, and well done with the franken! (I did google :( )

I love all of these - and a couple of them are in my unworn pile! Lovely.

Thanks, PQ!

Since I'm here, this is my current mani - Dance Legend Holy Diver:
View attachment 52360

Not sure why it looks blue, on my fingers it is blatantly green!

Nice, sparkly!

China Glaze Sun Worshipper
(Because it looked like a mango lol)

View attachment 52361

Love SW! It's a great neon.

Latest posts