Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Argh, so annoyed, didn't notice 6pm coming around and WfU is looking sold out :(

Sorry you missed it. :( I'm just glad she didn't restock anything I wanted, there's no way I could've got anything while on holiday.

Missed it, grrr!!! Fortunately, I'll get over it...
New mani is Cirque Boudoir:
View attachment 55737 View attachment 55738 View attachment 55739 View attachment 55740 View attachment 55741

That's a nice polish. I especially like the last two pictures.

PearlyQueen

New mani is KB Shimmer Shade Shifter:
shade shifter 1.JPG shade shifter 2.JPG shade shifter 3.JPG
shade shifter 4.JPG shade shifter 5.JPG shade shifter 6.JPG

I found this one a bit tricky to work with - this is four coats, and it didn't want to colour right to the tips at all.
I have so many shades similar (identical?) to this one, this brand wouldn't be the one I'd recommend.
I know I got the Girly Bits and Liquid Sky Lacquers collections which were really similar (they all came out around the same time), plus of course ILNP, but the others were much nicer to use.
Still, it's better than expected really - I wasn't impressed compared to the others in the bottle or when I put it on my colour chart, that's probably why I haven't worn it till now!
And it is really pretty, one of my fave types of multichrome!

Anitacska

New mani is KB Shimmer Shade Shifter:
View attachment 55829 View attachment 55830 View attachment 55831
View attachment 55832 View attachment 55833 View attachment 55834

I found this one a bit tricky to work with - this is four coats, and it didn't want to colour right to the tips at all.
I have so many shades similar (identical?) to this one, this brand wouldn't be the one I'd recommend.
I know I got the Girly Bits and Liquid Sky Lacquers collections which were really similar (they all came out around the same time), plus of course ILNP, but the others were much nicer to use.
Still, it's better than expected really - I wasn't impressed compared to the others in the bottle or when I put it on my colour chart, that's probably why I haven't worn it till now!
And it is really pretty, one of my fave types of multichrome!

It looks lovely. I have this too, but haven't worn it yet. Maybe it would be better over black, then you only need one or two coats.

I'm back from holiday, it was fun, but hard work with 3 children on my own. Still probably a lot more peaceful than if we'd had my ex with us, as he often caused the troubles or at least made them worse on past holidays.

I did my nails a few times while we were away, but didn't take any pictures. I did use 2 of my 2011 untrieds (Urban Decays) though. However, here are the last two manis and my pedi from before the holiday.

Femme Fatale Up Above the World You Fly with Maiden's Patience on top on the accents. It looks horrible on my index finger that is constantly peeling no matter what I try using on it, but it was actually less pronounced irl.

20160803_132651.jpg

My going away mani (ie quick and easy and doesn't show up too badly if it's chipping ;) ) was Kiko 257.

20160805_113803.jpg

My pedi is Bow Polish Northern Lights. It chipped of course while we were away, but it's so pretty, I redid it last night.

View attachment 55840 View attachment 55841

I haven't had a chance to take pictures of my current mani, will do it later and post it, probably together with my Femme Fatale haul. My package is due to arrive today. I asked them not to send it until Friday, so I didn't miss it, they were very good, only sent it on Friday and it's out for delivery already!

Anitacska

Here's my current mani, UD Meltdown (2011 untried) and Xanadu on the accents. Sadly despite filing my nails down before travelling, I still managed to break both middle finger nails and my left pointer. Ugh.

20160815_121848.jpg

And here's my Femme Fatale haul: current collection incl. the COTM and a couple of other polishes.

View attachment 55844

On that note, Anneri, have you come up with any ideas about sending you the COTM? I can't think of one sadly. I think your best bet would be ordering from the US site. A friend of mine has also asked for the COTM, so could you let me know what you'd like to do? (PearlyQueen, sorry, you're third in line for it.)

Anneri

So sorry, not been around here often these days (my second language course started this week)! No problem Anita, I was asking around if somebody of my friends was going to the UK soon, but nobody does, so I guess I'll have to try my luck with the US site. I was wondering last week when she'll put it out - I seem to remember it was supposed to be in the middle of August? Have you heard anything? I also haven't ordered the new collection - I was hoping I can combine it with the COTM.

Anitacska

So sorry, not been around here often these days (my second language course started this week)! No problem Anita, I was asking around if somebody of my friends was going to the UK soon, but nobody does, so I guess I'll have to try my luck with the US site. I was wondering last week when she'll put it out - I seem to remember it was supposed to be in the middle of August? Have you heard anything? I also haven't ordered the new collection - I was hoping I can combine it with the COTM.

No problem. Sadly I don't know anyone travelling to Germany or even any part of Europe any time soon either. Hopefully you'll be able to get it from the US site, it was available from the Aus site for quite a while. The latest I've heard was between 25th and 30th August, will keep an eye out for an announcement.

PearlyQueen

It looks lovely. I have this too, but haven't worn it yet. Maybe it would be better over black, then you only need one or two coats.

I'm back from holiday, it was fun, but hard work with 3 children on my own. Still probably a lot more peaceful than if we'd had my ex with us, as he often caused the troubles or at least made them worse on past holidays.

I did my nails a few times while we were away, but didn't take any pictures. I did use 2 of my 2011 untrieds (Urban Decays) though. However, here are the last two manis and my pedi from before the holiday.

Femme Fatale Up Above the World You Fly with Maiden's Patience on top on the accents. It looks horrible on my index finger that is constantly peeling no matter what I try using on it, but it was actually less pronounced irl.

View attachment 55838

My going away mani (ie quick and easy and doesn't show up too badly if it's chipping ;) ) was Kiko 257.

View attachment 55839

My pedi is Bow Polish Northern Lights. It chipped of course while we were away, but it's so pretty, I redid it last night.

View attachment 55840 View attachment 55841

I haven't had a chance to take pictures of my current mani, will do it later and post it, probably together with my Femme Fatale haul. My package is due to arrive today. I asked them not to send it until Friday, so I didn't miss it, they were very good, only sent it on Friday and it's out for delivery already!

Hi! Glad you had a great holiday!
Your mani/pedis are very pretty!

PearlyQueen

Here's my current mani, UD Meltdown (2011 untried) and Xanadu on the accents. Sadly despite filing my nails down before travelling, I still managed to break both middle finger nails and my left pointer. Ugh.

View attachment 55843

And here's my Femme Fatale haul: current collection incl. the COTM and a couple of other polishes.

View attachment 55844

On that note, Anneri, have you come up with any ideas about sending you the COTM? I can't think of one sadly. I think your best bet would be ordering from the US site. A friend of mine has also asked for the COTM, so could you let me know what you'd like to do? (PearlyQueen, sorry, you're third in line for it.)

A very pretty purple! Pretty haul too - too pastelly for my taste, but I love them in the bottles! COTM is restocking at 2am UK time tonight, doubt I'll snag it but you never know! It may last till morning (Pahlish is also restocking with a sale at 1am and I want some of those too, damn having to work tomorrow! May take laptop to bed on the off-chance I wake up...)

PearlyQueen

There's an EP restock tonight for Moon Water, Lost Boy and pre-order for August and September. I'm passing.

I tried again, again failed to notice 6pm coming around, at 2 mins past it was GONE I will never own Moon Water! Glad it's not something I can't live without!!!

Anitacska

Hi! Glad you had a great holiday!
Your mani/pedis are very pretty!

Thank you!

A very pretty purple! Pretty haul too - too pastelly for my taste, but I love them in the bottles! COTM is restocking at 2am UK time tonight, doubt I'll snag it but you never know! It may last till morning (Pahlish is also restocking with a sale at 1am and I want some of those too, damn having to work tomorrow! May take laptop to bed on the off-chance I wake up...)

Thanks.

You could try to set an alarm. I hate late night restocks. I managed to stay awake until 12.30 for the EdM LE sale the other night, but later than that is really tough.

I tried again, again failed to notice 6pm coming around, at 2 mins past it was GONE I will never own Moon Water! Glad it's not something I can't live without!!!

You really do need to set an alarm, lol. I always do, so I don't forget. Hope she restocks it, but like you said, it's not a must have imo either.

I've received my two new EPs, Christmas in July is very pretty and so is Desert Night Sky, although probably not that unique. Will post pictures soon.

New mani is Great Lakes Lacquer Stuff & Thangs:
View attachment 55938 View attachment 55939

That's a pretty colour!

Last edited:

Anitacska

I've been so busy these last few days, it was my daughter's 12th birthday and we went to Hayling Island (south coast of the England with an amusement park) on Friday, then out for meal yesterday and my eldest and I drove down to Portsmouth (south coast again) to meet some friends today. I'm so tired.

I received my box from the US postbox on Thursday, lots of lovely goodies. I accidentally nearly threw out one polish that I didn't notice, but luckily I caught it in time. I'm enclosing a separate picture of said polish.

View attachment 55941 20160820_142133.jpg

Not a great one, but here's a closer one of the EPs:

View attachment 55943

I also got these Pueen plates. Need to get my act together and actually do some stamping sometime.

View attachment 55944

And this Nailland exclusive Cupcake through a group buy:

20160818_191551.jpg

A couple of manis, first one is EdM Devotion with Ciate Monte Carlo. The formula on the EdM wasn't great, very runny and sheer, it's one of my oldest ones, they seem to be much better generally. Pretty colour though. Ignore the tipwear, it was day 2.

20160820_131423.jpg

Second mani is Nails Inc Wardour Mews topped with Picture Polish Majesty on the accents, although I think Majesty pretty much covered it up. Nice gold sheen to both of them.

20160817_101457.jpg

I have a new one today, but been to busy to take pictures, plus I messed one finger up. Will sort it out and take some pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest posts