Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anneri

PQ, love your glittery red nails! Suits you really well!

Anitacska, thank you for showing the EPs - looking forward to them so much! I've to wait until December, boo!

I actually managed to get Hypernova from the US restock. Now let's see when and how and if (?) it'll make here. I just ordered from Whatsupnails a few weeks ago (they're in the US as well) and the envelope with my stencils still hasn't arrived, so I'm not really optimistic. But then, even when I order groceries the delivery guy couldn't find the address, soooo... :rofl:

So, question: If you could only get one, would you rather get Horae awaits or Upon Seafoam from the new FF collection, which one would you go for?

Anitacska

PQ, love your glittery red nails! Suits you really well!

Anitacska, thank you for showing the EPs - looking forward to them so much! I've to wait until December, boo!

I actually managed to get Hypernova from the US restock. Now let's see when and how and if (?) it'll make here. I just ordered from Whatsupnails a few weeks ago (they're in the US as well) and the envelope with my stencils still hasn't arrived, so I'm not really optimistic. But then, even when I order groceries the delivery guy couldn't find the address, soooo... :rofl:

So, question: If you could only get one, would you rather get Horae awaits or Upon Seafoam from the new FF collection, which one would you go for?

That's a difficult question, they're really different, one's light pink and one's light blue! I'd go for Upon Seafoam because blue is more my colour, but really, you should get both! ;) Hope your Hypernova reaches you soon and in one piece!

Anneri

I just ordered the new FF Beauty So Fly exclusives, one of the Oops shades and Horae Awaits. I'm such an idiot - first I thought the release would be at 9am instead of 9pm and prepared to be late for class because of that and realized my mistake too late (so I came really late to class for nothing). And then I didn't meant to ask you about Upon Seafoam, but the thermal (I always forget its name), but in the end I went with Horae Awaits because in this heat, the thermal will show up mostly yellow on me, and as much I love the blue shade, I guess it wouldn't be worth it.

Did you get the whole collection, Anitacska?

Anitacska

A few haul and mani pictures:

View attachment 56046
C4N order

View attachment 56047
Glam Polish order

20160826_131107.jpg
Girly Bits order

I haven't got anything else en route to me other than stuff going to my US postbox, I did order a few of the EdM LE polishes and some Pahlish and other bits and bobs.

Current mani is Color Club Untamed Luxury with a coat of green color tint holo topcoat by Nail Nation 3000. It's very sparkly irl and much prettier than I had imagined.

View attachment 56048 View attachment 56040

OPI And This Little Piggy (2011 untried, meh) with LA Colors Craze on the accents.

View attachment 56041

My favourite mani in a long time is Dreamland (previously Smitten) Dragonberry II (HHC exclusive) with a gradient accent stamped with one of my new Pueen plates. I'd have preferred it if the stamping had come out more crisp, but it's still pretty. The gradient was done with Dragonberry II and 3 CbL polishes.

View attachment 56042 View attachment 56043 View attachment 56044 View attachment 56045

Last edited:

Anitacska

I just ordered the new FF Beauty So Fly exclusives, one of the Oops shades and Horae Awaits. I'm such an idiot - first I thought the release would be at 9am instead of 9pm and prepared to be late for class because of that and realized my mistake too late (so I came really late to class for nothing). And then I didn't meant to ask you about Upon Seafoam, but the thermal (I always forget its name), but in the end I went with Horae Awaits because in this heat, the thermal will show up mostly yellow on me, and as much I love the blue shade, I guess it wouldn't be worth it.

Did you get the whole collection, Anitacska?

Lol, okay. I do stupid stuff like that too. I'm not even bothering with thermals in the summer. It was 32 degrees the other day, no point. I do like the look of that thermal though (it's called Swept Across the Sea). Which Oops did you order? I especially love My Jabber-Baby-Wocky?!

I did get the whole collection and I have just ordered the 2 exclusives myself. I also really like the C4N exclusives, but I didn't want to place an order for just 2 polishes. Apparently there are 4 new Hypnotic exclusives coming out as well. Can't keep up!

And on that note, this is my FF drawer. It's full, had to double up. Also it doesn't include the older style bottles, I have about 40 of those as well.

20160826_153104.jpg

PearlyQueen

Thank you!

Thanks.

You could try to set an alarm. I hate late night restocks. I managed to stay awake until 12.30 for the EdM LE sale the other night, but later than that is really tough.

You really do need to set an alarm, lol. I always do, so I don't forget. Hope she restocks it, but like you said, it's not a must have imo either.

I've received my two new EPs, Christmas in July is very pretty and so is Desert Night Sky, although probably not that unique. Will post pictures soon.

That's a pretty colour!

Thanks! I loved it!
I did manage to get my Hypernova and the Pahlishes - bout of insomnia, I was still awake at 2, polishes made up for the lack of sleep sort of!
However, I bought way too much from Pahlish - I fear that the middle of the night somehow switches off my ability to say "no" to anything shiny!!

PearlyQueen

I've been so busy these last few days, it was my daughter's 12th birthday and we went to Hayling Island (south coast of the England with an amusement park) on Friday, then out for meal yesterday and my eldest and I drove down to Portsmouth (south coast again) to meet some friends today. I'm so tired.

I received my box from the US postbox on Thursday, lots of lovely goodies. I accidentally nearly threw out one polish that I didn't notice, but luckily I caught it in time. I'm enclosing a separate picture of said polish.

View attachment 55941 View attachment 55942

Not a great one, but here's a closer one of the EPs:

View attachment 55943

I also got these Pueen plates. Need to get my act together and actually do some stamping sometime.

View attachment 55944

And this Nailland exclusive Cupcake through a group buy:

View attachment 55945

A couple of manis, first one is EdM Devotion with Ciate Monte Carlo. The formula on the EdM wasn't great, very runny and sheer, it's one of my oldest ones, they seem to be much better generally. Pretty colour though. Ignore the tipwear, it was day 2.

View attachment 55946

Second mani is Nails Inc Wardour Mews topped with Picture Polish Majesty on the accents, although I think Majesty pretty much covered it up. Nice gold sheen to both of them.

View attachment 55947

I have a new one today, but been to busy to take pictures, plus I messed one finger up. Will sort it out and take some pictures tomorrow.

What a pretty haul - loads of envy here!
Your manis are pretty, love the EdM!

PearlyQueen

A few haul and mani pictures:

View attachment 56046
C4N order

View attachment 56047
Glam Polish order

View attachment 56049
Girly Bits order

I haven't got anything else en route to me other than stuff going to my US postbox, I did order a few of the EdM LE polishes and some Pahlish and other bits and bobs.

Current mani is Color Club Untamed Luxury with a coat of green color tint holo topcoat by Nail Nation 3000. It's very sparkly irl and much prettier than I had imagined.

View attachment 56048 View attachment 56040

OPI And This Little Piggy (2011 untried, meh) with LA Colors Craze on the accents.

View attachment 56041

My favourite mani in a long time is Dreamland (previously Smitten) Dragonberry II (HHC exclusive) with a gradient accent stamped with one of my new Pueen plates. I'd have preferred it if the stamping had come out more crisp, but it's still pretty. The gradient was done with Dragonberry II and 3 CbL polishes.

View attachment 56042 View attachment 56043 View attachment 56044 View attachment 56045

Fab haul - love the Glams in particular! And three spectacularly nice manis, very summery. The stamping/gradient in the last one is very impressive!

PearlyQueen

Lol, okay. I do stupid stuff like that too. I'm not even bothering with thermals in the summer. It was 32 degrees the other day, no point. I do like the look of that thermal though (it's called Swept Across the Sea). Which Oops did you order? I especially love My Jabber-Baby-Wocky?!

I did get the whole collection and I have just ordered the 2 exclusives myself. I also really like the C4N exclusives, but I didn't want to place an order for just 2 polishes. Apparently there are 4 new Hypnotic exclusives coming out as well. Can't keep up!

And on that note, this is my FF drawer. It's full, had to double up. Also it doesn't include the older style bottles, I have about 40 of those as well.

View attachment 56050

That looks impressive! I don't think I can compete on FFs, I don't buy 'em all!

Anitacska

Thanks! I loved it!
I did manage to get my Hypernova and the Pahlishes - bout of insomnia, I was still awake at 2, polishes made up for the lack of sleep sort of!
However, I bought way too much from Pahlish - I fear that the middle of the night somehow switches off my ability to say "no" to anything shiny!!

Haha, yes, that's often a problem for me too! Glad you managed to get Hypernova though!

What a pretty haul - loads of envy here!
Your manis are pretty, love the EdM!

Thank you!

Fab haul - love the Glams in particular! And three spectacularly nice manis, very summery. The stamping/gradient in the last one is very impressive!

Thanks!

That looks impressive! I don't think I can compete on FFs, I don't buy 'em all!

Yeah, FFs are one of my weaknesses. Managed to secure 7 of the new Oopses today. I could've got all 8, but didn't fancy the nude one. Quite proud of myself actually, lol.

And here's my latest mani - Darling Diva Wham!!!:
View attachment 56107 View attachment 56108 View attachment 56109

Very pretty. I don't think I have this one!

PearlyQueen

Haha, yes, that's often a problem for me too! Glad you managed to get Hypernova though!

Thank you!

Thanks!

Yeah, FFs are one of my weaknesses. Managed to secure 7 of the new Oopses today. I could've got all 8, but didn't fancy the nude one. Quite proud of myself actually, lol.

Very pretty. I don't think I have this one!

Bloody FF apparently don't mark down the value when shipping from US - my package has been nabbed by customs, it's gonna cost me. Really annoyed, I only bought three polishes. Wish I'd just bought Hypernova on its own and shipped to Stackry.
Grrrrr

Anitacska

Bloody FF apparently don't mark down the value when shipping from US - my package has been nabbed by customs, it's gonna cost me. Really annoyed, I only bought three polishes. Wish I'd just bought Hypernova on its own and shipped to Stackry.
Grrrrr

Oh no, I hate it when that happens. I guess now you know it's best to send it all to Stackry. To be honest, I now send everything to my US postbox, apart from Color4Nails that I know don't get customs on and their shipping is very reasonable. Although I've been stung by customs on my last two packages from MyMallBox, as for some reason it will only let you declare over a certain value, so can't mark packages down as much as I'd like to. But since I don't have to pay consolidation fee (I'd be looking at $22 for the contents at the moment) and hazmat fee, plus the fact that they don't throw out my freebies and boxes, I'm still happier with them than Stackry.

More summery loveliness!
Winter is coming...

Hahaha, the ever optimist, eh? ;)

Thank you. I have another one, Emily de Molly The Devil's Advocate with Bear Pawlish Roseanna Danna on the accents.

View attachment 56152 20160831_122440.jpg

Also, I forgot to share this photo of Paws. I took it for a HHC Powder Perfect competition. :heart::heart::heart:

View attachment 56154

Anneri

Grrrrr

Yeah, I feel you! I'm a bit anxious about that - I've no idea how customs work here in China, so I'm still convinced I'm never going see my order... How much was it in the end? Poor you!

Oh no, I hate it when that happens. I guess now you know it's best to send it all to Stackry. To be honest, I now send everything to my US postbox, apart from Color4Nails that I know don't get customs on and their shipping is very reasonable. Although I've been stung by customs on my last two packages from MyMallBox, as for some reason it will only let you declare over a certain value, so can't mark packages down as much as I'd like to. But since I don't have to pay consolidation fee (I'd be looking at $22 for the contents at the moment) and hazmat fee, plus the fact that they don't throw out my freebies and boxes, I'm still happier with them than Stackry.

Thank you. I have another one, Emily de Molly The Devil's Advocate with Bear Pawlish Roseanna Danna on the accents.

View attachment 56152 View attachment 56153

Also, I forgot to share this photo of Paws. I took it for a HHC Powder Perfect competition. :heart::heart::heart:

View attachment 56154

Awwwwwwwwww! So cute!

PearlyQueen

View attachment 56152 View attachment 56153

View attachment 56154

I honestly thought they'd do the marking down like the Aussie site does. Fuming...
Beautiful mani, only outshone by beautiful Paws below! I thought Devil's Advocate was more red, but that is very much pink! I have both those polishes, yay!!!

PearlyQueen

Yeah, I feel you! I'm a bit anxious about that - I've no idea how customs work here in China, so I'm still convinced I'm never going see my order... How much was it in the end? Poor you!

Awwwwwwwwww! So cute!

It was £12.86 in the end, sooo high for three items :(
Lesson learned, never again!
Hope yours is OK

Anitacska

Awwwwwwwwww! So cute!

Thank you!

Hope your polishes arrive without any issues.

I honestly thought they'd do the marking down like the Aussie site does. Fuming...
Beautiful mani, only outshone by beautiful Paws below! I thought Devil's Advocate was more red, but that is very much pink! I have both those polishes, yay!!!

Thank you! He is a beautiful beast.

The Devil's Advocate looks a bit more pink in the pictures, but it's definitely a pinky red, not straight up red. It's very pretty and glowy.

It was £12.86 in the end, sooo high for three items :(
Lesson learned, never again!
Hope yours is OK

Ouch! It's the bloody RM £8 charge that hurts the most, isn't it? Well, like you said, lesson learnt. Do you like Hypernova though? It is gorgeous imo.

Anyone ordered from the Oops sale and the COTM from FF? I've ordered 7 of the 8 Oopses and the COTM, plus a couple of other non-FF polishes.

The Hypnotic Polish exclusives are bloody gorgeous and they're launching tomorrow afternoon. Must. Have. All. The. Polish. :roflmao:

Anneri

Thank you!

Hope your polishes arrive without any issues.

Thank you! He is a beautiful beast.

The Devil's Advocate looks a bit more pink in the pictures, but it's definitely a pinky red, not straight up red. It's very pretty and glowy.

Ouch! It's the bloody RM £8 charge that hurts the most, isn't it? Well, like you said, lesson learnt. Do you like Hypernova though? It is gorgeous imo.

Anyone ordered from the Oops sale and the COTM from FF? I've ordered 7 of the 8 Oopses and the COTM, plus a couple of other non-FF polishes.

The Hypnotic Polish exclusives are bloody gorgeous and they're launching tomorrow afternoon. Must. Have. All. The. Polish. :roflmao:

Aaaaaand damage done! (Or is it mischief managed? :hehe:) I threw in some bits and bobs that have been eluding me for some time (well, some were in that bloody Nailland order) - Juliette by ILNP and A Graden of Peonies by FUN, and a stamping plate by EDM. I love her plates, they always work so well for me!

What did you all get?

Latest posts