Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Aaaaaand damage done! (Or is it mischief managed? :hehe:) I threw in some bits and bobs that have been eluding me for some time (well, some were in that bloody Nailland order) - Juliette by ILNP and A Graden of Peonies by FUN, and a stamping plate by EDM. I love her plates, they always work so well for me!

What did you all get?

Yeah me too. Got all 4 FF exclusives, CbL Cocktail Party and Bikinis & Flip Flops (both HP exclusives) and the Uberchic Op Art Magic stamping plate. Was aiming for free shipping thinking it was 100 euros, but turns out it's 150, so ended up taking the 3 Bows and Dance Legends out that were in my cart. Maybe next time. ;)

PearlyQueen

Thank you!

Hope your polishes arrive without any issues.

Thank you! He is a beautiful beast.

The Devil's Advocate looks a bit more pink in the pictures, but it's definitely a pinky red, not straight up red. It's very pretty and glowy.

Ouch! It's the bloody RM £8 charge that hurts the most, isn't it? Well, like you said, lesson learnt. Do you like Hypernova though? It is gorgeous imo.

Anyone ordered from the Oops sale and the COTM from FF? I've ordered 7 of the 8 Oopses and the COTM, plus a couple of other non-FF polishes.

The Hypnotic Polish exclusives are bloody gorgeous and they're launching tomorrow afternoon. Must. Have. All. The. Polish. :roflmao:

It really is that £8 that stings! As you say, lesson learnt - I haven't actually paid it yet, so no idea if it was worth it!
I didn't know about the Oops sale, FF are awful for not sharing outside their group. I bought a couple of the Hypnotic ones though, and the Dopenails ones... Oh yes, and the Beauty So Fly ones too! I've been really spendy recently! My resolutions fade to zero when new shineys appear. I got loads of the new Glams last night, I had told myself to calm down on those after the Elvis ones last month, then I saw the swatches of both the new collections and I could not resist them. And I preordered most of the new Powder Perfect Egyptology collection too. Maybe when I can't pay my rent I can build a house out of nail polish bottles...

Anitacska

It really is that £8 that stings! As you say, lesson learnt - I haven't actually paid it yet, so no idea if it was worth it!
I didn't know about the Oops sale, FF are awful for not sharing outside their group. I bought a couple of the Hypnotic ones though, and the Dopenails ones... Oh yes, and the Beauty So Fly ones too! I've been really spendy recently! My resolutions fade to zero when new shineys appear. I got loads of the new Glams last night, I had told myself to calm down on those after the Elvis ones last month, then I saw the swatches of both the new collections and I could not resist them. And I preordered most of the new Powder Perfect Egyptology collection too. Maybe when I can't pay my rent I can build a house out of nail polish bottles...

Yeah, that's why I'm now part of practically every nail polish group. Not really great for my spending though. I've spent a lot lately too, much more than I should've. I ordered 8 of the Glams, so not too bad, but with 10 from FF, 6 from Hypnotic, 2 from Beauty So Fly, etc. it all adds up. Trying not to buy anything for a couple of weeks now, but there's already a few new EdMs coming out next week and chances are EP will come out with something new soon.... Oh well, food is overrated, right? ;)

Anneri

First things first: Anita, love your new avi!!!!!!!

Second, my FFs arrived from the US! I'm so pleased! I didn't have to pay any customs fees and they arrived safe and sound and reasonably quick. They also arrived on a day when I was desperately in need od some cheering up. I feel a bit homesick right now and am also majorly struggling with my language class. The final exam is on Thursday and I've no idea how to pass. I'm usually quite good at languages, but Mandarin is really something else. The class is also quite demanding and very fast-paced, and I'm always feeling straggling behind. Very depressing at times. So the delivery was really god-send.

Anitacska

Second, my FFs arrived from the US! I'm so pleased! I didn't have to pay any customs fees and they arrived safe and sound and reasonably quick. They also arrived on a day when I was desperately in need od some cheering up. I feel a bit homesick right now and am also majorly struggling with my language class. The final exam is on Thursday and I've no idea how to pass. I'm usually quite good at languages, but Mandarin is really something else. The class is also quite demanding and very fast-paced, and I'm always feeling straggling behind. Very depressing at times. So the delivery was really god-send.

Lol, thank you! I don't even use Snapchat, just got it to try out the filters. It's fun.

So glad your package arrived okay! How do you like the polishes? Sorry to hear you're feeling homesick, I remember being very homesick when I moved to the UK all those years ago. And I already spoke the language, so I can only imagine how hard it must be trying to learn a new, and very difficult language! Best of luck for Thursday!

I haven't received anything for over a week now, but I have a small Rainbow Connection order due any day and also the Beauty So Fly FF exclusives. Hypnotic has just sent a shipping confirmation e-mail, but it usually takes a week for packages to arrive from HP. I've got a couple of new manis to show, will post some pictures after lunch.

Anitacska

Well, my RC order has arrived, so that was a nice surprise.

View attachment 56236

All of them are purple except the bright pink one, but my camera struggled to pick up the purples as usual.

My current mani is Zoya Storm stamped with Color Club Fingers Crossed.

View attachment 56237 View attachment 56238

Not very summery, but neither is the weather. Haven't really seen the sun for a few days. :(

My previous mani is Urban Decay Apocalypse (2011 untried) topped with Ever After Jungle Juice on the accents and the rest stamped with Kaleidoscope Storm Cloud. Gotta love a good multichrome stamping polish. And I really like this Pueen stamping plate, it's Marble Paradise 01. The one above is Visual Wonderland 01.

20160902_110436.jpg View attachment 56240 View attachment 56241 View attachment 56242

Anitacska

In case someone hasn't seen it, EP restock of Monsters Ink, Ectoplasm and Fright Night tomorrow 6 pm UK time. I've already got Monsters Ink and I was never interested in the other two, so I'm happy.

Just as well as I've spent so much on nail polish this past month. I thought I was doing okay, then checked my credit card statement, and eeek! :shocked:So I really must try to be on best behaviour this month. But I really really want the August LE Illyrian, it's so pretty! And I had to order the newest LE EdM. But I didn't get the other 5, so I'm sort of proud of myself, hahaha.

Just waiting for Hermes to bring my Hypnotic Polish package, apparently it's out for delivery. I hope it's not the same driver that came last time, or rather didn't, as I can't be waiting in all day, so at least a card would be good if I miss him.

My BSF exclusive FFs came on Wednesday, they're both very pretty.

20160907_121532.jpg

Did a mani I'm really pleased with, CbL Divot Dance with decals over Color Club Fingers Crossed.

View attachment 56298 View attachment 56299

My current mani is Glam Polish Waikiki Wahine with Glam Lei'd in Lahaina on the accents.

View attachment 56300 View attachment 56301

I did a new pedi as well, possibly the last one for this year, it's Color Club Foil Me Once.

View attachment 56302

My spreadsheet tells me I've used 351 polishes in the past year and out of those 36 were my 2011 untrieds. I don't know how many I've bought over the past year, but it's definitely a LOT more than 351. I've given up on wanting to wear them all now, just owning them and being able to stare at them is good enough for me. ;)

PearlyQueen

Yeah, that's why I'm now part of practically every nail polish group. Not really great for my spending though. I've spent a lot lately too, much more than I should've. I ordered 8 of the Glams, so not too bad, but with 10 from FF, 6 from Hypnotic, 2 from Beauty So Fly, etc. it all adds up. Trying not to buy anything for a couple of weeks now, but there's already a few new EdMs coming out next week and chances are EP will come out with something new soon.... Oh well, food is overrated, right? ;)

Ha, that's why I'm resisting joining them - not only can I not be bothered being on Facebook, but I also haven't got enough cash to support buying what I do have access to, let alone more!
Good luck with the temp no-buy! There really is just one collection after another coming out, just as you think you only want a few more polishes, one of your go-to brands releases another 20 piece collection!

PearlyQueen

Sorry to hear that you're finding it tough just now Anneri, hope it went well today.
But yay for your FFs arriving - I have to admit, I'm uberglad I got Hypernova, it's truly stunning. Just wish I had got the other two elsewhere!

PearlyQueen

Well, my RC order has arrived, so that was a nice surprise.

View attachment 56236

All of them are purple except the bright pink one, but my camera struggled to pick up the purples as usual.

My current mani is Zoya Storm stamped with Color Club Fingers Crossed.

View attachment 56237 View attachment 56238

Not very summery, but neither is the weather. Haven't really seen the sun for a few days. :(

My previous mani is Urban Decay Apocalypse (2011 untried) topped with Ever After Jungle Juice on the accents and the rest stamped with Kaleidoscope Storm Cloud. Gotta love a good multichrome stamping polish. And I really like this Pueen stamping plate, it's Marble Paradise 01. The one above is Visual Wonderland 01.

View attachment 56239 View attachment 56240 View attachment 56241 View attachment 56242

Pretty order, pretty manis - I really love the last one, but then you know how I love a multichrome!
I really want the two reds from the latest Llarowe collection, and RC has a few more things I'd like - but they will all have to wait, I've gone way too nuts this month!

PearlyQueen

In case someone hasn't seen it, EP restock of Monsters Ink, Ectoplasm and Fright Night tomorrow 6 pm UK time. I've already got Monsters Ink and I was never interested in the other two, so I'm happy.

Just as well as I've spent so much on nail polish this past month. I thought I was doing okay, then checked my credit card statement, and eeek! :shocked:So I really must try to be on best behaviour this month. But I really really want the August LE Illyrian, it's so pretty! And I had to order the newest LE EdM. But I didn't get the other 5, so I'm sort of proud of myself, hahaha.

Just waiting for Hermes to bring my Hypnotic Polish package, apparently it's out for delivery. I hope it's not the same driver that came last time, or rather didn't, as I can't be waiting in all day, so at least a card would be good if I miss him.

My BSF exclusive FFs came on Wednesday, they're both very pretty.

View attachment 56297

Did a mani I'm really pleased with, CbL Divot Dance with decals over Color Club Fingers Crossed.

View attachment 56298 View attachment 56299

My current mani is Glam Polish Waikiki Wahine with Glam Lei'd in Lahaina on the accents.

View attachment 56300 View attachment 56301

I did a new pedi as well, possibly the last one for this year, it's Color Club Foil Me Once.

View attachment 56302

My spreadsheet tells me I've used 351 polishes in the past year and out of those 36 were my 2011 untrieds. I don't know how many I've bought over the past year, but it's definitely a LOT more than 351. I've given up on wanting to wear them all now, just owning them and being able to stare at them is good enough for me. ;)

Snap with the EPs, a few dollars saved there! I know how the money starts unexpectedly adding up - I checked my cc yesterday, and I thought I'd spent too much and had a number in my head. Turned out it was waaaayyyy more than I thought! Still, we have to enjoy the little victories, there are few enough of them so well done with the EdMs!!!
Hope you like your Hypnotic stuff (and it actually turns up, always a bonus!) - and love your pics of the BSF ones, mine should be here soon from both outlets too, hopefully!
Two pretty manis there too - using three polishes I own!
The pedi is cool too.
351 is a good attempt, I doubt I've used 50...

PearlyQueen

Meanwhile, I'm concerned about my Pahlish mega-order, which is showing tracking as:
September 7, 201617:46Miami,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
September 6, 201606:18London,UNITED KINGDOMDEPARTED
September 5, 201623:34Cologne,GERMANYDEPARTED
September 5, 201602:30London,UNITED KINGDOMDEPARTED
September 5, 201601:14Cologne,GERMANYDEPARTED
September 2, 201622:25Paris,FRANCEDEPARTED
September 2, 201620:45Paris,FRANCEDEPARTED
September 2, 201608:13Philadelphia,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
September 1, 201623:42Philadelphia,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
September 1, 201606:10Louisville,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
August 31, 201623:52Louisville,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
August 31, 201621:45West Palm Beach,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
August 31, 201620:04West Palm Beach,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
August 31, 201617:17Miami,UNITED STATESARRIVED
August 31, 201615:54ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)PROCESSED THROUGH FACILITY
August 31, 201612:20MIAMI,FL,33112ARRIVED AT USPS FACILITY
August 31, 201612:20ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)ARRIVED AT FACILITY
August 29, 201622:49NASHVILLE,TN,37227ARRIVED AT USPS FACILITY
August 29, 2016PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT TO USPS, USPS AWAITING ITEM

Shannon thinks it's a USPS error, hope she's right.
Polish shopping has been bugging me a bit recently, with the DRK saga (I did get them in the end), the FF debacle, DHL price increase, wandering Pahlish, delays (held off my last Stackry till the very last minute, package didn't arrive, consolidated - then of course it turned up!), exchange rate woes...
I think the Universe is trying to make me stop! (Dear Universe, good luck with that...!)

Anitacska

Ha, that's why I'm resisting joining them - not only can I not be bothered being on Facebook, but I also haven't got enough cash to support buying what I do have access to, let alone more!
Good luck with the temp no-buy! There really is just one collection after another coming out, just as you think you only want a few more polishes, one of your go-to brands releases another 20 piece collection!

I'm just too scared I'll miss out on something! It really has developed into an obsession, but as long as I'm not getting into any debts, I'm not too concerned. I do want to start looking for a temp/part-time job though, if I earned a few hundred quid a month, I wouldn't feel guilty anymore. I would also like to take the children to Florida once more before they're all grown up and my eldest is 15 now, so not long left. :(

Pretty order, pretty manis - I really love the last one, but then you know how I love a multichrome!
I really want the two reds from the latest Llarowe collection, and RC has a few more things I'd like - but they will all have to wait, I've gone way too nuts this month!

The new CbL collection hasn't really moved me, I only got one polish from it in the end. CbL has gone from my most purchased brand to about 5th, overtaken by the Aussies: Glam, Femme Fatale, Lilypad and EdM, I'm just not that much into it anymore. I did get two of the HP exclusives and they are very pretty.

Snap with the EPs, a few dollars saved there! I know how the money starts unexpectedly adding up - I checked my cc yesterday, and I thought I'd spent too much and had a number in my head. Turned out it was waaaayyyy more than I thought! Still, we have to enjoy the little victories, there are few enough of them so well done with the EdMs!!!
Hope you like your Hypnotic stuff (and it actually turns up, always a bonus!) - and love your pics of the BSF ones, mine should be here soon from both outlets too, hopefully!
Two pretty manis there too - using three polishes I own!
The pedi is cool too.
351 is a good attempt, I doubt I've used 50...

Thank you. It did turn up, will post a picture at the bottom of this reply. Luckily my regular My Hermes lady brought it who is very nice.

Meanwhile, I'm concerned about my Pahlish mega-order, which is showing tracking as:
September 7, 201617:46Miami,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
September 6, 201606:18London,UNITED KINGDOMDEPARTED
September 5, 201623:34Cologne,GERMANYDEPARTED
September 5, 201602:30London,UNITED KINGDOMDEPARTED
September 5, 201601:14Cologne,GERMANYDEPARTED
September 2, 201622:25Paris,FRANCEDEPARTED
September 2, 201620:45Paris,FRANCEDEPARTED
September 2, 201608:13Philadelphia,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
September 1, 201623:42Philadelphia,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
September 1, 201606:10Louisville,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
August 31, 201623:52Louisville,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
August 31, 201621:45West Palm Beach,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
August 31, 201620:04West Palm Beach,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
August 31, 201617:17Miami,UNITED STATESARRIVED
August 31, 201615:54ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)PROCESSED THROUGH FACILITY
August 31, 201612:20MIAMI,FL,33112ARRIVED AT USPS FACILITY
August 31, 201612:20ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)ARRIVED AT FACILITY
August 29, 201622:49NASHVILLE,TN,37227ARRIVED AT USPS FACILITY
August 29, 2016PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT TO USPS, USPS AWAITING ITEM

Shannon thinks it's a USPS error, hope she's right.
Polish shopping has been bugging me a bit recently, with the DRK saga (I did get them in the end), the FF debacle, DHL price increase, wandering Pahlish, delays (held off my last Stackry till the very last minute, package didn't arrive, consolidated - then of course it turned up!), exchange rate woes...
I think the Universe is trying to make me stop! (Dear Universe, good luck with that...!)

Whoa! :shocked:That is one crazy tracking! Really hope you'll receive your package soon. Sorry to hear you're having a lot of trouble with your np shopping, it seems to all happen at once. Touch wood, I've not had any problems, but a couple of months ago I had so many things go wrong (mostly not np related), it was ridiculous. On the upside, the Pound seems to have recovered a bit against the Dollar. Still not great, but it's up to 1.33 instead of 1.27 or whatever it was at its lowest.

I forgot to mention, the EP woman has joined one of the FB groups I'm in. I felt a bit sorry for her as when people started receiving their recent monthlies, there was quite a lot of criticism and negativity. August in particular is very meh. But hey, at least she's received some feedback first hand.

Here's my HP package, I'm very happy with everything. The FFs are particularly lovely.

20160909_135017.jpg

Anitacska

Well, I caved in and ordered 4 Illyrians before the pre-order closed, I really really wanted Mad World and Blue Moon and didn't want to miss out. I shall try to be much better behaved this month though as last month was disastrous when it comes to spending on nail polish.

My Femme Fatale group buy haul is here though, and I really like all the oops polishes. The COTM is nice too, but not as spectacular as some of the previous ones.

View attachment 56377

I also did a Femme Fatale mani with Glass Coffin and some homemade decals. Very pleased with this mani. The FF is a thermal and didn't seem to change much and it was pretty warm here anyway, but then in the evening when I was collecting in the washing and had cold fingers, it turned into a pretty lavender!

View attachment 56379 View attachment 56380 20160911_120657.jpg 20160911_192018.jpg 20160911_192348.jpg

My current mani is Dollish Polish Wuv Twu Wuv. It's very bright, almost neon, so could only get a halfway true to life picture in the shade. It just looked washed out in every picture I took in the sun. It's more coral pink than cool pink irl, but just can't take a proper picture.

20160913_091200.jpg

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

I'm just too scared I'll miss out on something! It really has developed into an obsession, but as long as I'm not getting into any debts, I'm not too concerned. I do want to start looking for a temp/part-time job though, if I earned a few hundred quid a month, I wouldn't feel guilty anymore. I would also like to take the children to Florida once more before they're all grown up and my eldest is 15 now, so not long left. :(

The new CbL collection hasn't really moved me, I only got one polish from it in the end. CbL has gone from my most purchased brand to about 5th, overtaken by the Aussies: Glam, Femme Fatale, Lilypad and EdM, I'm just not that much into it anymore. I did get two of the HP exclusives and they are very pretty.

Thank you. It did turn up, will post a picture at the bottom of this reply. Luckily my regular My Hermes lady brought it who is very nice.

Whoa! :shocked:That is one crazy tracking! Really hope you'll receive your package soon. Sorry to hear you're having a lot of trouble with your np shopping, it seems to all happen at once. Touch wood, I've not had any problems, but a couple of months ago I had so many things go wrong (mostly not np related), it was ridiculous. On the upside, the Pound seems to have recovered a bit against the Dollar. Still not great, but it's up to 1.33 instead of 1.27 or whatever it was at its lowest.

I forgot to mention, the EP woman has joined one of the FB groups I'm in. I felt a bit sorry for her as when people started receiving their recent monthlies, there was quite a lot of criticism and negativity. August in particular is very meh. But hey, at least she's received some feedback first hand.

Here's my HP package, I'm very happy with everything. The FFs are particularly lovely.

View attachment 56308

Lol, poor Chelsea - reality check??? I suspect the year of mystery shimmers might be a step too far - it certainly was for me, I suspect the holos will be back next year...

Love your HP delivery, really pretty.

PearlyQueen

Well, I caved in and ordered 4 Illyrians before the pre-order closed, I really really wanted Mad World and Blue Moon and didn't want to miss out. I shall try to be much better behaved this month though as last month was disastrous when it comes to spending on nail polish.

My Femme Fatale group buy haul is here though, and I really like all the oops polishes. The COTM is nice too, but not as spectacular as some of the previous ones.

View attachment 56377

I also did a Femme Fatale mani with Glass Coffin and some homemade decals. Very pleased with this mani. The FF is a thermal and didn't seem to change much and it was pretty warm here anyway, but then in the evening when I was collecting in the washing and had cold fingers, it turned into a pretty lavender!

View attachment 56379 View attachment 56380 View attachment 56381 View attachment 56382 View attachment 56383

My current mani is Dollish Polish Wuv Twu Wuv. It's very bright, almost neon, so could only get a halfway true to life picture in the shade. It just looked washed out in every picture I took in the sun. It's more coral pink than cool pink irl, but just can't take a proper picture.

View attachment 56384

Lol, I don't know Illyrian, though they look nice in pics. You obviously rate them! Might get a couple soon. Your haul is really pretty, I'd have bought a few of those...
Your manis are lovely - I really like that thumb decal.

PearlyQueen

My latest mani is Glitter Gal Fiery Furnace:
fiery furnace 3.JPG fiery furnace 1.JPG fiery furnace 2.JPG

My camera's got issues, can't get the autofocus to work, so please bear with the photos - most of them were fuzzy.

Anitacska

Lol, poor Chelsea - reality check??? I suspect the year of mystery shimmers might be a step too far - it certainly was for me, I suspect the holos will be back next year...

Love your HP delivery, really pretty.

I really hope there'll be no mysteries next year at all. But that said, at least I'm saving some money.

Thanks. Those FFs are gorgeous and so are the CbLs.

Lol, I don't know Illyrian, though they look nice in pics. You obviously rate them! Might get a couple soon. Your haul is really pretty, I'd have bought a few of those...
Your manis are lovely - I really like that thumb decal.

I hadn't really heard of Illyrian until they were featured in one of the monthly boxes and I fell in love with Unicorn Spell (google at your peril!). Mad World is similar, just pink based. They do have a lot of unusual colours, not all are to my taste, but some are really pretty.

Thank you. I was really pleased with those decals and that FF too, such a gorgeous glowy colour.

My latest mani is Glitter Gal Fiery Furnace:
View attachment 56406 View attachment 56407 View attachment 56408

My camera's got issues, can't get the autofocus to work, so please bear with the photos - most of them were fuzzy.

This is gorgeous, autumn in a bottle! I'm going to do a bronzy mani next with autumn leaves, even though it's 27 degrees here and forecast for tomorrow is 30! :cool::sunshine: Although I personally wouldn't mind it if it was about 7 degrees cooler.

Have you received your Pahlish order yet?

PearlyQueen

I really hope there'll be no mysteries next year at all. But that said, at least I'm saving some money.

Thanks. Those FFs are gorgeous and so are the CbLs.

I hadn't really heard of Illyrian until they were featured in one of the monthly boxes and I fell in love with Unicorn Spell (google at your peril!). Mad World is similar, just pink based. They do have a lot of unusual colours, not all are to my taste, but some are really pretty.

Thank you. I was really pleased with those decals and that FF too, such a gorgeous glowy colour.

This is gorgeous, autumn in a bottle! I'm going to do a bronzy mani next with autumn leaves, even though it's 27 degrees here and forecast for tomorrow is 30! :cool::sunshine: Although I personally wouldn't mind it if it was about 7 degrees cooler.

Have you received your Pahlish order yet?
Yeah, I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of the mysteries either, if she goes back to decent ones I'll be on the unaffordable hook again!
Thanks, loved that colour, really vibrant and metallic with shift - yummy!
My Pahlishes did arrive today (been too busy to open them though!!!) - no sign of their round the world cruise, didn't have any duty frees or a suntan...