NARS Audacious Lipstick

Shars

It's so strange, because on me, they basically are matte. I see all these photos of women wearing them with a creamy shine on their lips, but on me, they're a velvet finish- just a wee bit of sheen- straight out of the tube.

Audrey is a lovely colour. I haven't worn mine as much recently, because the bulk of the shades I got just feel more like Fall/ Winter to me. Greta and Angela are the ones that seem more in keeping with summer, so they're the ones that I've pulled out more often. Audrey, Vivien, Vera, Bette, Charlotte and Jeanne will be invited out more often in a month or so. I still have my eye on Leslie and Olivia, but I feel that buying all the shades that are in such close proximity would be ridiculous. And I'm never ridiculous about collecting lipstick. Ever.
wondering.gif
The ones I have wear the same on me Kat! Very Satin/matte and definitely not glossy!

starletta8

I'm still an Audacious fiend. I love them because they aren't full mattes- my lips are uber sensitive to mattes.

I picked up Liv a couple of weeks ago but have yet to work up the nerve to play with her. For those keeping count, that's 38.

So yes, I love these. Literally if you let me keep my Tom Ford lipsticks, a handful of other assorted brands, and my Audacious collection I'd be set for life.

MissTania

I received my Dominique in the mail on Friday from Barney's and it smells rancid. Does anyone else's smell different than the rest of your collection? I called a few counters and they said its Normal, but I want your guy's opinion. Thanks!!
I have noticed this, a few weeks ago the first one I ever bought, Claudia, did not smell too nice, but when applied it was not bothersome. They have an expiry of 12 months after opening according to the packaging, and I get the impression that the scent will not remain nice for long. Did they elaborate on why rancid was normal? Considering the price point, it's kind of disappointing. My Chanel, Dior, YSL and many of my Mac lippies smell great for years.

Dominique33

I have noticed this, a few weeks ago the first one I ever bought, Claudia, did not smell too nice, but when applied it was not bothersome. They have an expiry of 12 months after opening according to the packaging, and I get the impression that the scent will not remain nice for long. Did they elaborate on why rancid was normal? Considering the price point, it's kind of disappointing. My Chanel, Dior, YSL and many of my Mac lippies smell great for years.
I would say that the Audacious smell a bit heavy ( though no scented It seems ), the previous version was much better like the VIP one which is perfect and neutral . To me the Audacious are not neutral but do not smell rancid. The Dior ones smell so good ( rose ), the current trend is no scented lippies but sometimes they smell heavy curiously enough.

pandorablack

I've never noticed a smell but the texture of the lipstick gets like....grainy after awhile. Like I can feel it as I apply it to my lips and I can kinda see it too. But once it's applied it feels fine. Isn't that odd? It has happened to all three of my Audacious lipsticks so it must be something with the formula.

Dominique33

I'm going to have to do a smell audit lol. I compared a few quickly last time, some seemed ok, some not lovely. I love Chanel and MAC's scent the best, Dior are nice too. YSL can feel a bit heavy sometimes! Good for you!:cheer:
Yes I agree LOL an audit is needed. The Dior ones Have a lovely scent, and the YSL are quite heavy but they are awesome . I dont like the scent of the Estée Lauder lipsticks but the no scent Clinique ones smell smart ( clean ). The very deep texture of the Nars ones explain maybe the scent ?

Vandekamp

I also got Vera and Vivien and I am thinking of getting Fanny, Liv and Carmen
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
I just realized that you are new to Specktra. I have Charlotte, Fannie and Dominique and I'm ashamed to say that I never wear them. Not sure why. Perhaps it's because they are not matte. I am a matte guru.

gabi8

They are so matte on me, I have to put some lip balm I got one lippy from illamasqua that is extremely matte. .. Don't they go matte on you after like 10 minutes or so?

Vandekamp

Don't they go matte on you after like 10 minutes or so?
I have to admit they do wear comfortably. They definitely don't slide on the lips. I may wear Fannie today since I am going to the last cookout of the season. I am not sure about Vera. I forgot what Vera looks like. So many lipsticks. It's getting harder and harder to keep them straight.