NARS blushes for WOC

freesiafc

Very good idea. I took it off. I am in love with my other blushes though. I know I am offically hooked on NARS blushes now.

Since they were so good to you. You may want to take the bad product picture down; so no one quickly thinks this is normal. I'm just a softie today lol!

EngineerBarbie

Quote:
Very good idea. I took it off. I am in love with my other blushes though. I know I am offically hooked on NARS blushes now.
Glad to hear it all worked out! Yeah, NARS blushes are an addiction. I hadn't planned on buying Luster from Sephora.com as it was out of stock. It was in stock this morning and I couldn't click 'Add to Basket' fast enough.
pompom.gif

WhatWouldJoanDo

I am so happy with everything NARS. They edit really well in my opinion. Have great basic skincare, the best brushes. The colours, as their philosophy goes, are timeless and modern/in-line with fashion. I just love building and layering the colours and they look rich and interesting just by themselves too - can be worn lightly or densely. Really really happy with this line. Also like that the packaging is mature, great name to colour matches too. It's like intelligent makeup lol. Even finding things is easy with the clear names and consistent packaging - neat, tidy, refined. Ahhhhhhhh :) I will be at the NARS Bleecker next trip to NYC for sure. I wonder how close the shop is to the Magnolia Bakery......

BeautyByLele

Since Nars makes Shiseido Skincare, do you think it will be "okay to mix" their skincare products because I still have some products left over from Shiseido ???

WhatWouldJoanDo

@BeautyByLele I would send an email asking that to the "ask an artist" link on the bottom of the nars website. That's where I get my NARS specific advice - it takes a day. My feeling is it would be fine. But the 'ask an artist' is a great way to also get info on what products would be their recommendation for you. Tell them what you use now in Shiseido that you like and that you want to try NARS. It's good for a little info./opinion before you select. :)

Twinkle_Twinkle

Any ladies here use/like Deep Throat blush? I am going to place an order soon for the new blush, New Order and Nico, but I need a third product to get the 17% off. I already have Amour so I don't want to get Gilda because the are soooo similar that either are great but both are redundant. Desire is a smidge too light for me (bordering on ashy) plus I already have and prefer Mata Hari. Is Deep Throat worth it if I already have Orgasm, or should I just get the Hungry Heart Duo, lol?

BeautyByLele

I just ordered Gina & Gilda blushes . . . . From this point on I will have to be on the lookout for if/when the repromote Crazed blush, so I can pick add that to the collection . Hopefully once I get my hands on that blush then that will complete my Nars blush collection UNLESS they come out with a different color blush from their line. My current blush collection
heart.gif

Albatross
Taj Mahal
Exhibit A
Mata Hari
Taos
Desire
Cactus Flower
Montenergo
Mounia
Gina
Gilda

Twinkle_Twinkle

BeautyByLele, do you mind me asking what your coloring is (MAC shade equivalent)? I am always interested to know which brown ladies can pull of Desire, because part of me is [not-so] secretly hoping I can... Thanks!
I just ordered Gina & Gilda blushes . . . . From this point on I will have to be on the lookout for if/when the repromote Crazed blush, so I can pick add that to the collection . Hopefully once I get my hands on that blush then that will complete my Nars blush collection UNLESS they come out with a different color blush from their line. My current blush collection
heart.gif

Albatross
Taj Mahal
Exhibit A
Mata Hari
Taos
Desire
Cactus Flower
Montenergo
Mounia
Gina
Gilda

Prototype83

I'm NW45/Revlon Colorstay Caramel and I love NARS Desire! It's a pretty pink color especially for the Spring

I also have Taj Mahal, Exhibit A, and Albatross (which i'm not too fond of).

shontay07108

Anyone can pull off Desire really. It's not chalky at all and it's a really flattering shade of pink. It's not pale at all. I love it and a little goes a long way.

BeautyByLele

In studio fix powder im NC50, In MAC Prolongwear I mix nc45 &nc50 ! I really hate mixing but I really love the prolongwear foundation. Desire in the pan and hand swatch can come off chalky and just plain horrible . . .BUT on the face it is very pretty. Its true with these Nars blushes you only need a little bit. I do notice with MAC blushes I have to use more product while with Nars usually 1-2 swipes is all I need.

I say go for it, I think you will be able to pull it off
thmbup.gif

lexielex

I love Nars blushes. I just picked up Taos and wore it today..such a beautiful color on my skintone.
I'm C7 in f&b and prob NC45ish. I currently own Taos, Dolce Vita and Oasis.

cheetahpita

I love Nars blushes. I just picked up Taos and wore it today..such a beautiful color on my skintone.
I'm C7 in f&b and prob NC45ish. I currently own Taos, Dolce Vita and Oasis.

Which one do you like best? Sounds like you're about my coloring, and I have Dolce Vita and the other two are on my list to buy.

lexielex

Tie between Dolce Vita and Taos. But I think Taos wins b/c it gives a wonderful from within shimmer with it.

cheetahpita

Tie between Dolce Vita and Taos. But I think Taos wins b/c it gives a wonderful from within shimmer with it.
Thanks! I'll have to try out Taos. I usually try and stay away from shimmer, because I have oily skin and don't want it to seem like my entire face is shiny. But if it's subtle enough it might work!

EngineerBarbie

Anyone can pull off Desire really. It's not chalky at all and it's a really flattering shade of pink. It's not pale at all. I love it and a little goes a long way.
Desire is so pretty and it's so heartbreaking that it looks 'blah' on me. I don't understand this as Angelika is essentially the same color with sparkle, right? And that one shows up on me much better.

So as of today, my NARS blush stash is as follows:

New Order
Super Orgasm
Luster
Mounia
Montenegro
Angelika
MataHari
Oasis
Cactus Flower

Has anybody tried Sin? How is it on dark skin?

shontay07108

Yes Desire and Angelika are pretty close in color. I think Desire may be a bit cooler, but I need to compare them again. I don't mind some glitter/shimmer on the cheeks, but when there's shimmer on my eyes and/or lips, I like to tone it down by going matte or satin on the cheeks and that's why I reach for Desire more.