NARS Holiday 2010

MaryJane

I ordered the eyeshadow duo and blush from Sephora and my package arrived today. I didn't try anything on but I did swatch - the eyeshadow duo is gorgeous. I like that one shade is shimmery and the other is matte. The blush is a pretty color by very, very light. I'm an NC15-NC 20 in Mac and I'm concerned this will even show up on me. If you are darker than an NC or NW 20, I would check the blush out in person before ordering.

missmolliecule

Melusine (the duo) is sooooo unbelievable. So, so pretty. The purple has SO much more payoff than Daphne, and the silver is so pretty! It's really metallic and has a lilac sheen to it... so pretty IRL. Put it on yesterday and fell in love. Okinawa is really pretty too! I'm not obsessed with it but it's cool and definitely a collector item. But my FAVORITE piece BY FAR! is the Downtown lipgloss. Purple lip lovers must have! It is just... ahh... no words. The nail polishes kick ass! I love Little Darling lipstick but its a bit sheer for me. Petit Montsre is gorg! and Etrusque is the perfect gold, wearable on any skintone because it is neither yellow nor orange! Just a true gold
smiles.gif

The only dud in the collection in my eyes is the Sex Appeal blush, it's overly powdery and if it shows up at all its just looks like sheer whiteness. Not a fan.

Moon Fleet gloss and Oasis blush, as well as the Larger than Life lengthening mascara are being re-promoted with the collection too.

ansimi

I'm really looking forward to seeing this collection in person. Especially the eyeshadow duo! Missmolliecule has convinced me that I need to check out Downton too. It wasn't in my Sephora today but hopefully soon.

missmolliecule

yeah, downtown is where it's at!! its like a lavender with a darker grape metallic sheen too it, like somebody mixed some grape pigment in. it's so pretty! I was initially more excited about bouganville (the other gloss) but that one turned out to be pretty boring imo. It's like strawberry fields but slightly more grape.

MaryJane

Sex appeal is going back to Sephora....tried it on today. It took quite a few swipes for me to get any color at all and when I did it was a light peach color. Nothing special.

Ingenue

I want Etrusque. And perhaps Little Darling plus Okinawa if I like how they swatch. Compared to the Fall Collection, this one is somehow not as much to my liking.
Etrusque is the only one that caught my attention. Pass on the rest. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my eye on the ridiculously overpriced lipstick duo. It's an insane amount of $$ to pay for a lipstick duo. I DO want to swatch it though.

Honey&LemonGirl

I purchased Etrusque with my Sephora F&F order. So excited to get it in the mail this week! It's going to look fabulous for a New Years party look.
smiles.gif

Ingenue

I purchased Etrusque with my Sephora F&F order. So excited to get it in the mail this week! It's going to look fabulous for a New Years party look.
smiles.gif
Mine just arrived today from Nars! It's STUNNING. NARS has come a long way with their sparkle shades. It goes on a SOLID swatch of antique gold and blends out beautifully.

HOTasFCUK

I'm interested in the Melusine duo and the nude lipstick. I hope its a nice nude since i'm NC20 and don't want it to pull orange or brown.

shontay07108

I have to rave about Downtown. One of the best glosses ever and I have nothing like it. It's purple and metallic and it's effin' pigmented! Amazing! I got this and got out of sephora before I could spend more, but I gotta say the shadow trio is pretty,but i don't need those colors. I kinda want it just because it's pretty though.

sss215

slightly off topic, but what is a nice light orange/ light cantelope lip gloss color from nars. do they have one?

shontay07108

You could try Giza. It comes out that way on me.
Look here at some swatches: http://www.temptalia.com/nars-lipglosses-swatches
Hope that helps.

Honey&LemonGirl

You could also try Love Devotion lipstick, which isn't a gloss but has that glossy finish similar to MAC Lustres. It's a sheer, peachy orangey coral color.