NARS Holiday 2010

ansimi

I just got in some samples for NARS.. gotta do some DD will report back at a later time

Looking forward to your report! I'm always especially interested in textures and finishes in new NARS products.

Meanwhile, the holiday collection still isn't at my Sephora:(

aibreanx

Just ordered Etrusque and the duo this evening! So excited
greengrin.gif

TheTeenageMuse

I got to see the testers yesterday.

The gold shadow was alright, nothing to write home about.
The blush was rather light, matte. Not suitable for anything darker than NC25 I should think.
The duo looks REALLY nice, the purple in it was everything I expected Daphne to be and wasn't.
What really stood out to me were the glosses.
Personally I'd pass on the gold and get the Dior holiday gloss because it's more wearable.
But the lilac was GORGEOUS, I hope it'll work on my skin.
And Bougainville will be BEAUTIFUL on darker skin though I'm going to have to compare it to Strawberry Fields before buying it.

bis

I got to see the testers yesterday.

The gold shadow was alright, nothing to write home about.
The blush was rather light, matte. Not suitable for anything darker than NC25 I should think.
The duo looks REALLY nice, the purple in it was everything I expected Daphne to be and wasn't.
What really stood out to me were the glosses.
Personally I'd pass on the gold and get the Dior holiday gloss because it's more wearable.
But the lilac was GORGEOUS, I hope it'll work on my skin.
And Bougainville will be BEAUTIFUL on darker skin though I'm going to have to compare it to Strawberry Fields before buying it.

I have Downtown and it is more or less invisible on my pigmented lips.

Camnagem

NARS Melusine Eyeshadow Duo:

Light Side Comparison Swatches on NW15/20 Skin:

Purple Side Comparison Swatches on NW15/20 Skin:

Ejka

I got my NARS package a couple of days ago and all I can say is OMG! Etrusque (the gold one) has the best texture and pigmentation out of all the e/s in my collection (and I have around 150, lol) - the effect is even prettier on the lids than it is swatched. The colour is not *that* unique, but I still find it to be one of the prettiest golds I have seen and definitely nicer than the ones I own. It's nice to see a gold that is neither yellow nor does it lean orange (as is the case with goldmine & UD half baked). I've only done a couple of simple (5-10 min) looks so far, but I think it will be my go-to shade during this year's holiday season. In one look I applied Etrusque all over the lid, Bronzescape in the crease and lined with Defiantly feline liner, the other was Aigle noir as a sheer base all over the lid, Etrusque applied lightly on top of it and the upper lash line lined with MUFE's black-gold kohl pencil (similar to MAC's black line or Aigle Noir for that matter, but I find the latter to chunky for precise application) + loads of black mascara.

I also purchased the Crazy Heart lip set and the Sweet Disposition mini multiple set. The mini multiple set is nice if you want to try various colours without spending an obscene amount of money. Surprisingly, Melba is the one I like best, Luxor is also a lovely highlight but I'm not completely sold on Orgasm (the colour seems to disappear within minutes
shockt.gif
). The mini glosses (apart from the easy Lover which I'm keeping for myself) are intended as stocking fillers - that is if i muster the willpower to resist them till December
blush-anim-cl.gif

I'm tempted to buy Sex Appeal and Melusine duo as well. What's the verdict on these two? I'm wondering if the duo is dupable (I don't want it too be to close to MUFE's 92 and 143/117)?

miss_primer

So far from this collection I've only picked up Bad Influence nail polish. I just had to wait until there were more swatches of this collection on the internet. My list as of right now:

Pokerface n/p
Okinawa e/s trio
Estrusque e/s
Little Darling l/s

Ejka

The more swatches of Sex appeal I see, the more I'm tempted to buy it. My only concern is its lightness - I definitely don't want to buy something that does not show up on my skin. Can anyone compare it to LE enchanted cream blush? I love the colour of enchanted, but hate the glitter - if Sex appeal is a matte powder version in the same colour family, I'll be all over it. However, if it's even lighter than enchanted, it's a no-go
nope.gif

honybr

I just got Downtown and Bougainville yesterday. Both are gorgeous! I found Bougainville to be different enough from Strawberry Fields to justify having both (but really can't an addict always justify?). I suspect I'll wear Downtown more in the summer though because it is a great lilac shade. Bougainville will be getting much use during the fall and winter though.

aibreanx

I went to Sephora yesterday and I picked up Sex Appeal, Petit Monstre l/s, and Bougainville l/g.

WOW Bougainville is stunning! I never thought I would pay that much for a lipgloss but it's amazing! I like to tap it lightly on my lips and blend it out with my finger for a light application of the colour. It stains your lips quite well which is always good!

Petit Monstre is such a gorgeous colour as well. So classy and perfect for fall. I've only owned Clinique and Mac lipsticks up until now and I'm so pleased with the quality of NARS lipsticks. Rich colour and it feels like I don't have anything on my lips.

Sex Appeal is very light but pretty. I was worried it was going to pull very peachy on me since I'm so cool toned but it didn't! It gives a nice subtle definition and glow.

I lucked out and picked up the last Douceur too! Love it!

Thank god I had the 20% off... that was quite the haul. I still have Etrusque and Melusine coming in the mail too! :|

Ode to Joy

I just read on Karlasugar that Sex Appeal will be added to the permanent line! Yay! That means I don't have to rush out and buy it!

iqaganda

I want the Little Darling lipstick and the Pure Matte Lipsticks! Awww! Good thing there's only a few stuffs that I wanted from A Tartan Tale. LOL.