NARS Spring 2013

Rads

Here's Karen's review of the entire spring collection:

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/...nars-is-putting-peppy-pigments-on-a-pedestal/

I think I'll pass the whole collection because I'm sure the blush is quite darker on my complexion (maybe looks muddy).:(

Ohhh..but whyyyyyyyyyyyyy? I think the blush would look lovely on everyone! No? I am quite happy with whatever I picked so long as I get everything properly - NARS took off everything or at least I cannot see the products anywhere. I guess a lot of people started ordering after the link was posted here :p :D

Aquamarine1543

Ohhh..but whyyyyyyyyyyyyy? I think the blush would look lovely on everyone! No? I am quite happy with whatever I picked so long as I get everything properly - NARS took off everything or at least I cannot see the products anywhere. I guess a lot of people started ordering after the link was posted here :p :D

I'm a big fan of Nars for four years, so I have lots of their items and use everyday. I think I have 70% of entire Nars items.lol
Based on my experience, this kind of color doesn't look good on my skintone.:(

Rads

I'm a big fan of Nars for four years, so I have lots of their items and use everyday. I think I have 70% of entire Nars items.lol
Based on my experience, this kind of color doesn't look good on my skintone.:(
Ahh..okay..well, then I guess you are right..:( You have 70% of NARS...oooohhh that would be an awesome collection!! I just started buying NARS after I moved to the US.....their summer collection from last year was my first. And then I got the TM, a few matte eye shadows, and a couple of their brushes....

MissTT

Wait so now I can't purchase it now?
ssad.gif
I was going to place my order tomorrow when I had more time to think about all the other items I wanted. The only item from Spring I want is Seduction. From the perm line I'm getting Mata Hari and Eye Primer. I need to spend a total of $100 to use my voucher and I'm not sure what else I'd like to get. Hmm, maybe a blender brush...

Rads

ssad.gif
I was going to place my order tomorrow when I had more time to think about all the other items I wanted. The only item from Spring I want is Seduction. From the perm line I'm getting Mata Hari and Eye Primer. I need to spend a total of $100 to use my voucher and I'm not sure what else I'd like to get. Hmm, maybe a blender brush...
I don't think so :( One of my friends told me it's not there, and I couldn't find any of the products either.

MaitaiFluff

Here's Karen's review of the entire spring collection: http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/...nars-is-putting-peppy-pigments-on-a-pedestal/ I think I'll pass the whole collection because I'm sure the blush is quite darker on my complexion (maybe looks muddy).:(
Based on Karen's pictures Seduction looks dark. I still want it, but I can see how it might be the wrong intense for some skin tones. Her pictures are SO vivid. Thank you for linking this.
I don't think so :(  One of my friends told me it's not there, and I couldn't find any of the products either.
Oh, poopie. =(

pinkpouch

The Whole Spring collection was there today around 8pm...
I put Bouthan, Persia, Corcovado and seduction in my shopping cart, and then when I came back around 9pm to check out, they were gone.
Actually Bouthan and seduction (+Mad Mad World) are still there.. I still see them in my shopping bag, but not the rest of stuffs.
However it is quite tricky to find them, because if you put the word Bouthan in the search bar it doesn't show up.

Rads

The Whole Spring collection was there today around 8pm...
I put Bouthan, Persia, Corcovado and seduction in my shopping cart, and then when I came back around 9pm to check out, they were gone.
Actually Bouthan and seduction (+Mad Mad World) are still there.. I still see them in my shopping bag, but not the rest of stuffs.
However it is quite tricky to find them, because if you put the word Bouthan in the search bar it doesn't show up.
I guess we will just have to wait till NARS decides it's time for us normal humans to buy the products :p :D

MarieMary

I think I'll pass the whole collection because I'm sure the blush is quite darker on my complexion (maybe looks muddy).:(
I think you should wait for other swatches before making a decision. Even though Karen's swatches are pretty great, her skintone is quite different from yours. Therefore colors would show up differently on you. By experience things look browner on her than it would on me. And with a good brush (like the Yachiyo), it wouldn't look too deep a color once applied. :)

Thanks for the links again!

The Pressed Powder seems fantastic!

Aquamarine1543

I think you should wait for other swatches before making a decision. Even though Karen's swatches are pretty great, her skintone is quite different from yours. Therefore colors would show up differently on you. By experience things look browner on her than it would on me. And with a good brush (like the Yachiyo), it wouldn't look too deep a color once applied. :)

Thanks for the links again!

The Pressed Powder seems fantastic!

Actually, my MA at the counter also thought it's possible I can't use the blush because it's quite dark on my skintone based on some sneak peeks, but he couldn't be sure because he said he hadn't seen the actual item. Maybe I'll talk with him after it hits the counter.
sigh.gif

Btw, since the pressed powder has no color, I keep thinking it's just an empty case (which means there's no refill in it.) by mistake whenever I see the compact.lol

Shadowy Lady

So based on Karen's swatches, I need everything except for the soft shadow pencil and the nail polish, lol! The blush is bold but I like that! I have different skintone for Karen too but I think the blush is unique enough for me to own. The nail polish is not like anything I have but also not a sort of colour I would wear.

I think the highlight of this collection for me are the eyeshadows though...they are so bright and happy! Exactly how a spring collection should be.

Oh and Katred, I have Saffron (LE from MAC) too but from Karen's swatches, Persia looks different, no? Or am I just justifying its purchase? haha

CartoonChic

Here's Karen's review of the entire spring collection:

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/...nars-is-putting-peppy-pigments-on-a-pedestal/

Thanks for the links. Or maybe no thanks. My list keeps growing. After that review of the pressed powder, I definitely want to get it now. Dress to Kill lipstick is also on my list because of Karen's swatch. I wasn't expecting the polish to be so sheer. It still looks sheer even after three coats. I'm still going to get it, but I'll just layer it over something else to make it more opaque.

CartoonChic

ssad.gif
Um, why do I not see Luster on your list?
poke.gif

MissTT

Um, why do I not see Luster on your list?
poke.gif
Because my brain is on makeup overload LOL. Is Luster a highlight? I don't even know how to properly use MAC's Whisper of Gilt and Superb yet. Not sure if I should be investing in another drawer filler.
SOS.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Because my brain is on makeup overload LOL. Is Luster a highlight? I don't even know how to properly use MAC's Whisper of Gilt and Superb yet. Not sure if I should be investing in another drawer filler.
SOS.gif
Luster has a lot of shimmer, but it's definitely a blush. It has a lot of colour to it as well.

One thing that struck me is that I usually find Karen's swatches to be softer and more reminiscent of what colours look like blended (as opposed to Christine at Temptalia, whose swatches show more what products look like built up to their full colour potential... it's nice to have both!). If that's the case here, the pigmentation on most of these products must be out of this world. Even the Bouthan duo looks pretty intense in her swatches.

I love the lipstick, but I couldn't help but think it's a shade I've seen a lot lately: Chanel has a similar colour in their Spring launch (Envoutante), Guerlain has one in their Spring launch (Flirt) and had one in their holiday collection (Lou-Ling). Makes me a little scared, because those shades are ones that I tend to find particularly flattering on me, so I'm always tempted to grab them when I see them... Could get costly this season.

MissTT

Thanks all. I thought I'd seen a couple of people my shade saying they used it to highlight. Actually, revoking my thanks you enablers!!!
cutey.gif

Latest posts