NARS Spring 2013

aradhana

I'll bet he was very happy about that!
kissy.gif

I think that I could do a version that I was comfortable with. Mekong is certainly one of my favourite and most used shadows. I'd just have to make sure I didn't pile on so much pigment that I looked like a crazy old lady.
there's something kinda awesome about looking like a crazy old lady ;)

Winthrop44

I'm glad you like it, elegant! I was using it again the other day and I'll just say it doesn't "feel good" to use. Most of my other brushes feel nice. I was expecting luxe. Again, it works well and I got a discount.
I bought a Yachiyo once and sent it back because it was too scratchy for me, but I have freakishly sensitive skin. Some people on MUA say washing them with baby shampoo softens them, so you might try that.

MissTT

I've got baby shampoo and I'm going to mix in olive oil, too. If that doesn't work I'll see about getting another.

EngineerBarbie - what pretty lippie are you wearing in your avatar? Trying to be all librarian chic with your bad self. ;-)

Anneri

Be wary of that Olive Oil, MissTT! You don't want to contaminate your blushes. I condition mine with regular conditioner.

elegant-one

EngineerBarbie - what pretty lippie are you wearing in your avatar? Trying to be all librarian chic with your bad self. ;-)
lol.gif

So how old is your brush? I am wondering if they got complaints about the scratchiness & I just got a newer updated version of it. hmmm

Winthrop - how long ago did you get yours?

MissTT

Be wary of that Olive Oil, MissTT! You don't want to contaminate your blushes. I condition mine with regular conditioner.
I didn't know!!! Thank you! I've only done it twice. I learned it from a big blogger/youtuber. Ugh!

elegant I picked up my brush in Nov/Dec. *shrugs*

Anneri

I was just guessing there, but I noticed that fat of any kind (even from unwashed brushes I used) didn't go well with my Nars blushes. After a while the fat forms a kind of hard surface on the blushes and you have to scrape it off.
But I guess you can't go wrong with conditioner if you rinse it thoroughly.

elkaknits

Sephora sent me the pressed powder instead of the loose :C Fortunately it is in stock at my local sephora so I will just exchange it out Monday if not this weekend. Currently wearing the top 3 colors on my eyes. Far left one at inner eye and brow bone, far right on lid and center in crease and outer V. Me likey

MarieMary

Virgin olive oil can be used as a make-up remover. I'd advise against putting any near a make-up product.

Looking forward to reading your review on the powder, elkaknits. :)

CartoonChic

iagree.gif
You look great in your avatar, EngineerBarbie.

@elegant - I haven't bought Dressed to Kill yet. But now I think I may have to pick up Persia when I get the lipstick, and I really wasn't planing to get it. Persia isn't LE, correct? I'm trying to cut back my spending in favor of traveling this year, so I'd prefer to get it later if possible.

There seems to be an overwhelming majority in favor of the loose powder, so I'm definitely getting the loose version. My next question is how do I use it?
amuse.gif
I'm still learning my way around all of the different face powders and find them confusing. Do I put it on before applying my makeup, on top of my makeup after it's done, or as a highlighter?

MissTT, I'm going to try washing my Yachiyo, too. I got mine in December and I've only used it handful times. I do find it a little scratchy.

MarieMary

Setting powder is used to set your make-up, make it last longer, and give a nice finish to your skin, so you apply it after your foundation. It is translucent, so you can apply it all over the face.

elkaknits

There seems to be an overwhelming majority in favor of the loose powder, so I'm definitely getting the loose version. My next question is how do I use it?
amuse.gif
I'm still learning my way around all of the different face powders and find them confusing. Do I put it on before applying my makeup, on top of my makeup after it's done, or as a highlighter?
I personally apply face powder after everything else. If it is a good match for me and is neither glittery or too mattifying then I may use it allover but if it is mattifying I tend to just put it on my T zone. If it is glittery I would use it as a highlighter. If neutral I think of it as the old fashioned term: setting powder. Sometimes I don't feel much like wearing foundation but want a wee bit of powder and again over blush, concealer whatever else on my face.

Now here is the weird thing. I think of powder as make-up looking since it is another layer. There have been many a year when I either wore nothing on my face except for powder t-zone and a bit of blush or tinted moisturizer and blush... rarely the two, foundation & powder, together. I have just started wearing both and I do the concealer, foundation as needed and powder everywhere to help create a cohesive whole. No clue if that is 'right' but it is where I currently am at. Eh even if it isn't 'right' it is what works for me. Enjoy the makeup that is my philosophy.

elegant-one

@elegant - I haven't bought Dressed to Kill yet. But now I think I may have to pick up Persia when I get the lipstick, and I really wasn't planing to get it. Persia isn't LE, correct? I'm trying to cut back my spending in favor of traveling this year, so I'd prefer to get it later if possible.
Yes, Persia is so different with very nice texture & pigmentation. I still love DTK on
greengrin.gif
I know sooooo much makeup sooooo much $$$$$$$$$