NARS Spring 2013

elegant-one

EngineerBarbie - so nice to see you here again! And congrats on the weight loss :) You look amazing!!

Elegant - Persia swatches look awesome! I may have missed it, but did you mention how it compares to MAC Saffron (LE)?

Well Persia better work on me or I'd be mad. If you call something Persia it better look great on Persians....though we're such a wide variety of skintones that I guess it'd be hard to do
No, you didn't miss that. I don't have Saffron. I'm sure it will be lovely on your skintone! No doubts. I really like how it can be worn very pigmented, or washed & it still remains the same lovely tone of color, just softer. It plays well with other colors too.

aradhana

i received my seduction, bouthan and mad mad world today! i am going to playyyyyyy tomorrow! yay!

i'm very happy to see that it doesn't look like i have any other shades like seduction. but bouthan i'm a little scared it's going to be ashy...fingers crossed.

KiKi Kontour

i think im gonna hold off on gettin seduction ESP since its perm!! it'll be great to add to cart for NEXT fall. but i WILL grab persia!!

CartoonChic

I wore Seduction and it pulls more plum/magenta on me. Not necessarily red, but not as purple either. It's more of a berry shade. I would love for NARS to come out with more purple/violet blushes. Sin is the only purple one that I think of from their line.

Shadowy Lady

I wore Seduction and it pulls more plum/magenta on me. Not necessarily red, but not as purple either. It's more of a berry shade. I would love for NARS to come out with more purple/violet blushes. Sin is the only purple one that I think of from their line.
Sin pulls more like a burnt pink on me than violet, though most things pull pink on me; must be my undertone. It has a night candlelit pink glow to it. A violet blush would be awesome and I think it would look great on you. Not so sure if I could pull it off though hehe.

Patiently waiting for this collection to hit counters in Canada. It'd be the splurge of 2013 for me :D

aradhana

that describes pretty aptly what it looks like on me too.
i wore it today...i kinda did a version of the look in the promo video except with magnetism lipstick by illamasqua since i didn't get dressed to kill....oh and with brown skin of course!
i was pleasantly surprised that bouthan (which looked ashy on my arm) did not apply ashy on my lids. yay!

Aquamarine1543

I went to a counter today and my MUA said it's better for me to skip the collection.
I was thinking of getting Seduction, but he didn't recommend.:S

lucyjoy

Does anyone know when this will be released internationally? Loving some of the colours but not sure how they will look on my skin tone so I'd have to go see them in person!:)

MarieMary

@Kiki Kontour: I just had to say... I don't know what lipstick/lipgloss you have on your lips in your avatar picture, but this color looks wonderful on you! Wow.

Does anyone know when this will be released internationally? Loving some of the colours but not sure how they will look on my skin tone so I'd have to go see them in person!:)
It depends where you are. ;) Generally, it seems that NARS keeps exclusivity over a collection for a few weeks before it's sold in stores. For example the collection is available on NARS websites right now, and should be available in stores very soon.

Yazmin

Not that ya'll didn't believe me, but I was buying some Brush Guards and this is where I saw about the EVOO. Phooey! Michelle Phan's video http://www.thebrushguard.com/#!prettyPhoto
I saw this same video when I bought the same brush guards. I haven't tried adding olive oil. I've been hesitant to do so, but I'm not entirely sure why. We never did it in any of my painting classes.
I wash and condition my brushes with a mix of Dawn Pure and olive oil. My brushes still look and feel great! I use an artist brush tub to swirl my brushes in an it works like a charm for quickly removing makeup. I found that when I swirled them in my hand, it took longer to clean, not to mention that it left that fleshy part below the thumb feeling numb from the sensation of the bristles.

KiKi Kontour

I wash and condition my brushes with a mix of Dawn Pure and olive oil. My brushes still look and feel great! I use an artist brush tub to swirl my brushes in an it works like a charm for quickly removing makeup. I found that when I swirled them in my hand, it took longer to clean, not to mention that it left that fleshy part below the thumb feeling numb from the sensation of the bristles.
great idea!! im takin notes...i use EVOO to remove makeup so it would only make sense to use it on brushes too!! so are there any DIY's on those brush guard things?

i went to sephora n picked up persia!! im excited to try. i chose to wait a bit on Seduction cuz even though it swatches beeeeautifully i aint ready to drop $28 on a blush right now!! im sure i'll have it by the fall cuz it looks like a goooorgeous KONTOUR color
encore.gif