NARS Summer 2012

EngineerBarbie

First and last picture shows truer colors of duo. I tried to capture holographic effect in sunlight, I dont know if I had any success... I am not very good at taking pictures I guess
Thanks so much! I really want this e/s duo from this collection. I think it'll look amazing witht he Cap Ferrat trio from last year's Summer collection.

Dominique33

Thanks for posting, Marie Galante is a gorgeous duo ! I've just seen the entire Dior summer collection, waouh my credit card is going to suffer once again, NARS, Chanel, Dior... Beautiful collections awaiting !!!

ALivingDoll

Oooh i'm loving Liberte. I had been wanting to try Gina or Gilda for sometime however, when i went to swatch them, i wasn't really taken back by them and already own blushes close enough in shade to them. I would like to give Liberte a try out since as the other member commented, looks like a darker version of both.

Thank you for the lovely swatches!

Natyk

Hi Ladies, I am glad you found my pictures helpful. I am on the fence about eyeshadow duo and so I didnt swatched it, only tested with brush.Its gorgeous colors, but afraid not for me.. I just love blush. I've tried Gina and Gilda before. Compare to both, I say Liberte is darker sister of Gilda.Liberte has enough red in it to give radiant glowing look, while Gina was just too orange for my pale skin. I also was surpised that eyeshadow duo and blush worked together quite well. Very unexpected color combination, but somehow it works :)

MarieMary

On the NY Times blog, it is said the Thakoon nail collection will be available May 1st.
Since special collections / lines are usually released 2 weeks or so after a seasonal collection, it's possible that the summer collection will be available in mid april. That's just a guess though.

Source: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/16/vain-glorious-thakoon-for-nars/

Edit: The pure matte lipstick is called Moscow.
The eyeshadow trio is called Ramatuelle.

Marie Galante e/s duo - Ramatuelle e/s trio - Moscow pure matte lipstick - Vendanges lipstick
Amchoor nail polish - Anardana nail polish - Calabria soft touch shadow pencil - Never Say Never velvet matte lip pencil

Aquamarine1543

I found some little descriptions of Trio and Liberte blush.:)
Here's some excerpt.

• Sculpt the cheeks with Liberté Blush (new for Summer 2012, for now use Irrésistiblement Bronzing Powder)
  • Apply the icy peach shade of Ramatuelle Trio Eyeshadow (new for Summer 2012, for now use the sparkling sheer peach shade of Delphes Trio Eyeshadow)

As I said, I think the blush is a darker version of Gina or Gilda since the description said it's similar to Brozing powder, so I think it's good for the people who has dark/tanned skin.:)

and here's a photo and it said Rihanna wore Liberte blush!

http://www.palacinka.com/2012/02/exclusive-rihannas-makeup-artist-on-her.html

katred

Specktra Bestie
One of the reasons I love Specktra is that it's a great way to find cool ideas I never would have thought of.

MarieMary

Can anyone tell me how often nars releases collections?
NARS does one collection per season, so 4 collections per year. On top of that, they have an additional collection for the holiday season that usually consists of limited editions palettes and gift sets. Once in a while they release new lines of products (like the tinted moisturizers and the new lipglosses for example), usually, a couple of weeks after seasonal collections.

Dominique33

Hi,

Thanks for posting the pictures, it looks great. Ramatuelle is pretty, Marie Galante and Vendanges too, the whole collection is really gorgeous.

pemily

NARS does one collection per season, so 4 collections per year. On top of that, they have an additional collection for the holiday season that usually consists of limited editions palettes and gift sets. Once in a while they release new lines of products (like the tinted moisturizers and the new lipglosses for example), usually, a couple of weeks after seasonal collections.

thanks for the heads up :)

cutemiauw

Oh my, Liberte blush is so pretty! I'm looking for a nice neutral bronzer type. If this one could double as that, it's coming home with me :)

MarieMary

Quote: Originally Posted by pemily

thanks for the heads up :)

No problem. :)

I finally found the name of the nail polish, yay! :p It's called Trouville.

And yes, again, this comes from eBay. :p

Dominique33

Hi,

Thanks for posting, it looks really pretty.
cheerleader.gif
I have many duos from Nars but this one " Marie Galante " is gorgeous. The summer 2011 collection was nice but this one is much better I think.

katred

Specktra Bestie

Latest posts