NARSissist Eye Palette

Wattodolly

My hq hair order has been dispatched and should be received Monday 3rd, so pleased. Hq hair come out on top again, £50 used a 20% off code so £40 is a bargain! :)

futurestrength

I saw the Narsissist palette instore in Sephora today for 85$, here in Canada! Not sure why it's different from the website but I'm not complaining.

IHughes

From what they said to me, it'll be available for 6 months but if the stock finishes there won't be more. It's like the Guy Bourdin collection, they were still selling it until recently, but only the things that were still in stock.
Maybe they will make more but that's what they told me via email

meaghanb123

Went to Sephora today to see this in person and it swatched beautifully! I was so surprised after all the negativity and I even ended up purchasing it! Haven't played yet but I hope its as nice as the one that was out as a tester.

Alysse011

I have a few questions about this palette from ladies who own it already. I only own one nars single and one duo and I think they're fab. I've heard reviews that basically say "I don't own many NARS shadows, so to me this palette is good; People who have a lot of NARS shadows don't like this palette because the quality is below that of their singles and duos. But if you don't own NARS shadows and don't know any better you will love it. You'll also like it if you're new to makeup because the less pigmented shades are better for a beginner." So I obviously don't own many NARS shadows, and this palette has quite a few that I'm highly interested in. However, just because I am not familiar with them does not mean that I will be okay with lower quality. I've grown fond of higher quality shadows haha. So is this palette really that bad? I also am not new to makeup and I want a palette that is on point so I can create some really nice looks. I'm just torn because on paper this palette seems like the perfect way to get my paws on those shadows. But on the flip side I am neither a novice nor am I okay with lower quality shadows... :help:

dancewithme

I have a few questions about this palette from ladies who own it already. I only own one nars single and one duo and I think they're fab. I've heard reviews that basically say "I don't own many NARS shadows, so to me this palette is good; People who have a lot of NARS shadows don't like this palette because the quality is below that of their singles and duos. But if you don't own NARS shadows and don't know any better you will love it. You'll also like it if you're new to makeup because the less pigmented shades are better for a beginner." So I obviously don't own many NARS shadows, and this palette has quite a few that I'm highly interested in. However, just because I am not familiar with them does not mean that I will be okay with lower quality. I've grown fond of higher quality shadows haha. So is this palette really that bad? I also am not new to makeup and I want a palette that is on point so I can create some really nice looks. I'm just torn because on paper this palette seems like the perfect way to get my paws on those shadows. But on the flip side I am neither a novice nor am I okay with lower quality shadows... :help:
I think I'm similar to you in that I like my make up, but don't have much from nars other than blushes and a few pencils. I'm disappointed with this palette. For me, some shades are borderline crumbly!

Dizzymoo

I'm just torn because on paper this palette seems like the perfect way to get my paws on those shadows. But on the flip side I am neither a novice nor am I okay with lower quality shadows...
SOS.gif
This was the reason I held off ordering in the end (and now I can't because it's sold out) as I wanted to test it first against the single shades I was interested in.

I don't have any Nars shadows, the only on I've ever owned was the cleo duo and I wasn't overly impressed, nor was I with orgasm blush and it put me off the brand. However using the laguna bronzer and that being a favourite, I made a list of shadows that I wanted to try and when they all cropped up in this palette it seemed ideal. However I would rather have the singles if they are better quality, which is what a lot of people were reporting.

I really try to test things now before I drop £55 on it and this has not been possible for this as the initial launch sold out in the UK without me being able to test it. We can't send things back here if we don't like it so unless they restock, I will have to go without and get the singles after all.

Alysse011

Thank you both! I am putting my foot down and skipping this palette. I'm sure I have very similar shades already so I shouldn't spend money on this if the quality is subpar.

MaryJane

I have this palette along with several Nars singles and duos, the quality of the shadows in the palette is no different than the other Nars shadows that I have. I'm a little confused by people saying the quality is sub-par; in my opinion, it's not. Just because they might not swatch well on the hand, doesn't mean they don't look good on the eyes - they do. I think this is an excellent value and so glad I was able to get my hands on one. When I picked mine up from Nordstrom, the MA from the Chanel counter was buying 3 of them. Since I shop at Nordstrom frequently and am a regular client of hers, she told me she picked one up for herself and was giving the other 2 as gifts.

Odelia

I caved and bought it finally
yahoo.gif
I kept seeing so many pretty looks being made with it.
I can't wait to get it. I knew that if it sold out I would be kicking myself big time.

pinkpaint

I think this is an excellent value and so glad I was able to get my hands on one. When I picked mine up from Nordstrom, the MA from the Chanel counter was buying 3 of them. Since I shop at Nordstrom frequently and am a regular client of hers, she told me she picked one up for herself and was giving the other 2 as gifts.
I totally agree. When I saw all of the negative reviews I was wondering if any of them were actually putting the shadows on their eyes with a brush and primer. That's how most of us use shadows, right? Of course, swatches give you an idea of the pigmentation, but poor finger swatches can be misleading. I've been loving mine so far
th_dunno.gif

cindypltnm81

I think everyone's view on the palette will be subjectively based on their experience. I personally preferred the singles and duos over the shadows in the palette which is why I returned mine. However I still think it is a decent palette for those new to the Nars brand and don't want to spend the extra dollars it cost for the shadows on its own.

Alexity

I really love my palette so far. I did some looks with it and I don't think the quality is bad. This is what I created with the palette last week:

More pictures are on my blog, if you are interested (link is in my signature).

MarieMary

I really love my palette so far. I did some looks with it and I don't think the quality is bad. This is what I created with the palette last week:

More pictures are on my blog, if you are interested (link is in my signature).
Wunderbar! And that red lipstick is beautiful. :)