NC43/44 where you at?

jazmatazz

Hi!

Have any fellow NC43/44 tried Lancome Teint Idole Ultra and if so what shade were you in it? Do you like it?

I've got olive undertones and in the market for a new 'end of summer' foundation. Thanks!
smiles.gif

Stylistic_x3

Hello lovelies!

Have any of you caramel beauties tried out Benefit's Hoola bronzer? I'm kind of wanting to try it but I'm not quite sure if it's gonna show up on my NC 42/ 43/ 44 skin. [Haha, I know, my range is crazy!
tong.gif
] I'm wanting to use it for contouring!

Thanks in advanced! <3

MacObsessed

Hi! Does anyone know what the equivs to nc43-44 would be in Nars Sheer Glow foundation?

TIA!

i believe its Cadiz. if you can get to a sephora try a sample of cadiz (sheer glow) or tahoe sheer matte) i know the color ranges between cadiz sheer matte and glow. HTH

PrincessPresto

[quote name="MacObsessed" url="/forum/thread/92037/nc43-44-where-you-at/120#post_2113027"]

i believe its Cadiz. if you can get to a sephora try a sample of cadiz (sheer glow) or tahoe sheer matte) i know the color ranges between cadiz sheer matte and glow. HTH
[/quote] Thanks! I've been checking out YouTube and blogs too. I thought of ordering online two shades to mix(I'm always between colors). Cadiz looks a little reddish for me unless I had a good tan. Hmmm I think you're right, I should go in person to be sure. Thanks again! :)

CDCTHOMAS340

I'm NC43 and I really want to try MUFE but I don't know if I should choose #65 or #70 in the Matte velvet.
Any thoughts, suggestions? PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

kyd33

Hi ,

New to this forum so hope im on the correct thread.

I've stayed away from foundations for years as i've always been sold the wrong color. Recently bought Bobbi Brown "honey" and its a perfect match for me. Great undertone.

I went to Sephora in Canada and 3 different assistants matched me to 3 different Nars shades :( I don't think they are very helpful in there.

The Mac counter typed me as NC43 but i haven't bought any of their products. The match sounded very correct tho. I have a warmer/yellow undertone i think.

Would love to get Nars. The Syracuse looked like a good shade but i definately don't have peach undertones. It doesn't seem like many of the people who are Syracuse shade have peach undertones anyhow.

Would love to get the Mac Face and Body foundation too as i'm not looking for a heavy makeup look just to even out my complexion.

Any advise is appreciated with regards to a light-medium foundation. Bobbi Brown honey as i said seems perfect but would like something new too.

Thanks ladies

flirtntease

So I went to Mac today (the one in Macy's) and the MA looked at me as if I was nuts when I picked up Dollymix.
It looked so bright but from the reviews from fellow nc 43's, I decided to grab it...When I suggested this her eyes shot daggers at me and she picked up blunt and told me for someone of my "complexion", thats what I should use.

So, I'm not insane for wanting dollymix right?

I don't think you are insane for choosing dollymix. It's really a pretty color on woc! Don't let the MA talk you out of something just because they don't think it will look good. Take your advise from people that have the same coloring as you and go from there. Worse case you have to return or exchange for something else. HTH!!
So I went to Mac today (the one in Macy's) and the MA looked at me as if I was nuts when I picked up Dollymix.
It looked so bright but from the reviews from fellow nc 43's, I decided to grab it...When I suggested this her eyes shot daggers at me and she picked up blunt and told me for someone of my "complexion", thats what I should use.

Icecaramellatte

Wow! I have Dollymix. It is one of the few pink shades I own. It will look grat on you. Blunt???? Isn't that brown? I don't remember it exactly but not all brown shades show up on me if it's practically the same color as my skin? It sounds like this MA didn't know what she was talking about. Not all MAs have the same level of experience. Even with that I'm surprised that color was recommended as blush. I thought a lot of people used it for contour.

all things nice

Hi, I am very new to this blog. came across while searching for MAC lipsticks. I love MAC eyeshadows. However I just started using their foundation and face powder.

I am an indian women with medium skin tone. At the MAC store I was given NC44 studio fix foundation & NC43.5 studio fix powder

when I use the foundation, I feel my complexion is too dark, even after I set foundation with face powder.
So now I just use the studio fix face powder NC43.5 which actually looks much better on my skin. OH when I went back to the MAC store to recheck if I was given the right foundation, the sales lady insisted that NC44 is the best for indian skin.

any suggestions on blushes - looking for a peach tone

VAQTPIE

Hi all things nice...welcome to specktra. This site is a great source and has been a useful resource for me over the years. I'm NC44 and some of my favorite peach blushes are MAC Coppertone, Gingerly, Sunbasque. MAC Ambering Rose is pretty and MAC Springsheen provides a lovely more sheer glow that can be worn alone or as a highlight. I also love MAC Sweet as Cooa which is not peach, but a great neutral tone blush. You may also wish to checkout NARS Torrid, Lovejoy, Liberte (with a light hand). NARS Gina and Gilda are lovely also.

MacObsessed

Hi, I am very new to this blog. came across while searching for MAC lipsticks. I love MAC eyeshadows. However I just started using their foundation and face powder.

I am an indian women with medium skin tone. At the MAC store I was given NC44 studio fix foundation & NC43.5 studio fix powder

when I use the foundation, I feel my complexion is too dark, even after I set foundation with face powder.
So now I just use the studio fix face powder NC43.5 which actually looks much better on my skin. OH when I went back to the MAC store to recheck if I was given the right foundation, the sales lady insisted that NC44 is the best for indian skin.

any suggestions on blushes - looking for a peach tone
at that point its going to come down to personal preference with the foundation, u may need to step outside of mac for a foundation like makeup forever or bars as for me mac oxidizes way to much for me

as for as blush try devil, or peaches, sincere, ginergly, burnt pepper from mac or taj mahal from bars, or sephora has sephora brand orange blushes

MacObsessed

girl no! ppl look at crazy for lots of my color choices until I put it on and then they all wanna compliment, if ur happy with it (i personally love dolly mix) then I YAY! i love when ppl get into bright colors