New Givenchy Mascara...really weird looking but I like it

YvetteJeannine

I'll be buying. I love Givenchy's Eye Fly mascara (my HG mascara), so I've no doubt this one is great as well. It's certainly a novel idea!

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyPosey
I can see myself stabbing my eye out now and being rushed to the hospital because i was applying makeup!

ETA: on that blog the writer shows a before and after, and im not really impressed. yes it coated the lashes, but it didnt make them full looking which is what i look for in mascara. i wont be watsing my money and illjust keep buying my loreal voluminous for 8 bucks because it is amazing!

I agree. Looking at the pics, it looks same as the results I get with L'oreal Telescopic. It looks nice and long and separated, but a mascara has to make my lashes look freaking incredible and better than any mascara out there for me to spend $27 on it

aziajs

New Review from BellaSugar:

Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Mascara Review With Pictures | Givenchy, Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Mascara, Mascara | BellaSugar - Beauty, Hair, & Skin.

Quote:
Seems it's the Summer of unusual mascaras. Lancôme and Estée Lauder are both launching vibrating versions — more on those soon — and Givenchy is also trying something new with its Phenomen'Eyes Mascara ($27).

The big difference with this mascara is its wand. Instead of a traditional brush or comb applicator, it has a small sphere with tiny bristles sticking out in every direction. The design is meant to allow more precise application, helping you wiggle the mascara from the base of each lash to its tip. I've tried it and I have a lot of things to say, so for the full review — plus a before-and-after photo — read more.

I won't lie to you: Using Phenomen'Eyes takes a little bit of practice, but after your first or second application, it's a breeze. The design of the brush really captures and separates each lash, and because you can easily reach lashes from different angles, the application is more precise than most traditional wands allow. The tradeoff: Application isn't as quick as it would be with most mascaras, but the results are, well, phenomenal.

mascaraeyes.jpg

This mascara does an amazing job of creating volume, definition, and length. Every time I finish applying a single coat, I'm wowed by what a difference it makes. My eyelashes look thick and full, almost like false lashes — without ever looking artificial or overdone. (Actually, I take that back; on lower lashes, this mascara is way too much.) My only complaint? The formula clumps a bit while going on. So if you laughed when I told you about mascara combs, now you know why they exist. Still, with a little finesse, you can use the wand to flick out the clumps.

Overall, it's a great mascara that I predict will be as big as DiorShow and Cover Girl Lash Blast — so don't be put off by its unusual look.

Nox

I cannot believe I fell for Givenchy's tricks AGAIN. This mascara is lame for the $27 I threw away. I pull out the wand, and what is inside???... a brush the size of a tic-tac???! It took more time for me to use that thing across my whole eye length, than a conventional brush.

There are a ton of perfectly good mascara wands out there that can do the same job as this flim flam one. The actual mascara formula itself is not revolutionary. The wand is a nice concept, and I believe it was patented, but please Givency, most makeup addicts know their way with a convetionally shaped brush, no flim flams needed. The reason why this bramble bush brush would be in demand in the first place is because many women aren't familiar with the tricks of how to get all the itty-bitty side and under lashes with a regular wand (and the free little ones everyone likes to swipe at Sephora's). If you already know how to do that, don't buy this mascara.

LatinaRose

I really want to try it even though I hate spending more than $10 on mascara. Anyone know how much it costs?

Nox

^ It's regularly $27 at Sephoras, although I see from what a couple members mentioned, it's on sale, so I don't know.

Swtest2Lips

Gotta stop by sephora to try it out! dont wanna splurge on a 27 dollar mascara just to find out i dont like it

tiramisu

Any more reviews on this?
I too am drawn to it only because it is so medieval looking and different. But $27-worth different? IDk!

greatscott2000

I tried it, loved it ,bought it. $27 is pretty steep but I think it is worth it. It definitely takes a light hand with application.

j_absinthe

This definitely looks like something I'd like to try. I'm pretty sure Maybelline and Revlon and other drugstore brands will be jocking this though in a few seasons though.

The wand reminds me of a sea urchin.

carrieann07

I have been using this mascara for the past week and I must say, I Love It!!

$27 is steep but I feel like I use less product since one coat gives me the look I want. It makes my lashes super soft, gives beautiful length, and volumizes. Plus it cuts down on the time I spend applying. Normally I take 2-3 minutes trying to get my achieved look with lashblast. With this it takes me maybe 30 seconds tops!

I will definitely repurchase this!