NYX Products

noahlowryfan

i went to my local Rite Aid just to look at stuff and found a table top display. they only sell like 4 shade of the eyeshadow trios and the sheer gloss.

ladynpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycapri
If anybody is still looking for NYX in Tampa, FL ULTA carries a decent variety. Only other place I have found them is at the Frangrance Outlet at the outlet mall in Ellenton.

thanks!! i went to ellenton today and got some nyx eyeshadow!! at first i was hesitant cause they were about 5 dollars each, which i could order online for much cheaper, but at the end of the day, i went back and bought two.....i like them...the only downside was that they didn't have any loose shadow...but they do have a wide range of other products too!!

liza0183

i discovered today from my nail gal that there is a store that has 2 whole walls deicated to this brand earlier today before work i went in to Longs and tried Rust on my wrist but it didnt seem to stay on long does anyone haved this problem if so do u use primer or something to keep them on cause i really want to buy some of their colors
thanks

farra712

I ordered a ton of NYX stuff from cherry culture, and here are a few thoughts:

1. Cherryculture is awesome!!!!! They shipped my stuff sooo fast, and they even packed the eyeshadows in bubble wrap and put the pencils and little things in a red drawstring bag. Really cute!
2. Ocean is a disappointment. I have parrot, but I heard this was a dupe and thought, "Well, I like parrot, so it can't hurt to have more of it" but it really wasn't bright enough or blue enough to be close to parrot. It ended up being covered up with a mac shadow in the end because it looked washed out. I don't think it was the quality, I think it was just the color.
3.Tropical and red head are a little disappointing also. They were a little too chalky for me.
4.Seafoam green is really pretty and different than most MAC eyeshadows.
5.All the lip things were FAB!

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by farra712
It says NYX Lipgloss with Megashine and the color is barbie pink. Its hot! I love it!!!

I'm not sure if I can pull off Barbie Pink, but the megashine gloss is my #1 fav gloss. I only have the clear but I will certainly go back for more. I haven't had a chance to try any of the other lip stuff- that's why I asked.

I ordered from CherryCulture recently also. I don't remember which thread the site was mentioned in- but I'm thankful to whoever posted it. I love the markdowns. I'm going to email them and ask when they will be getting in the new NYX stuff.

liza0183

I went to the store where it sells nothing but NYX cosmetics and bought Sunset, red shadow lasted all night for me very surprised by the outcome. I plan to buy more

ragdolly

I usually get my NYX at beauty supply stores
there stuff is usually no more than 3 dollars and it's really nice
I had got some of the trios for my sister and i use them more than she does

farra712

I just wanted to say (and not sure if this is the right place) that I bought Tropical eyeshadow from NYX and wasn't really crazy about it, but I used it on my cheeks and it looked just like my stereo rose once I put some highlighter over it (apripeach pearlizer to be exact). I'm NC/NW15 if that helps.

pigmentsrus

I love the nyx shadows that I have so far. Around where I live i bought them at harmons
smiles.gif

LaChinita

Hi! I get my NYX shadows at a local beauty supply store-- 2.99/pc, which is waaay cheaper than the website. I also found them at Longs, although some locations don't have them. They're also at ULTA now, and some get them from independent Asian stores and some stores at the mall like Papaya and INVU.

I love their e/s!!! IMO they're very comparable to MAC. They're well-pigmented, and stays on just as long even with just concealer as a base. I also like their texture--they're super smooth!! I heard that the singles are more pigmented, which seems to be true now that I've compared them. Some colors look EXACTLY the same as MAC's. I've gotten lots of compliments about my e/s when I wear NYX and people think it's actually MAC because the colors are so vibrant and stays put all day!

As for their loose powders, I love them! I just learned a new trick, which makes them stay on longer--I just put a bit of chapstick (very little) on my lid, and it stays on all day! They are less glittery and more fine than MAC piggies, but I'm not into too much glitter so this works for me!
smiles.gif

lorena82

hi, i am from spain and i will like to buy nyx cosmetics but in the web page they dont distribute to Spain do you Know how can i buy it?i have look in ebay but they only have some colours and most of them are not available fron spain... HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

nics1972

I dont know f this site has been mentioned somewhere, earlier in this thread.. I didnt go thru the entire thread. So, please forgive me if it is a repeat. I bought my NYX stuff at www.aveyou.com. They have $1 UPS shipping. I also found them at my local Ulta.
Hope this helps someone.

Magic Markers

I looked everywhere in my local mall and couldn't find anywhere that sold these. Our local Eckerds is turning to Rite Aid though, so I hope they will have some!

Do they sell it at Sally beauty? Or would it have to be an independent beauty supply store?

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Markers
I looked everywhere in my local mall and couldn't find anywhere that sold these. Our local Eckerds is turning to Rite Aid though, so I hope they will have some!

Do they sell it at Sally beauty? Or would it have to be an independent beauty supply store?

I've never seen it at Sally although it would be a great idea to sell it there since so many cities have at least one. All the beauty supply stores I have seen it in are the ones that sell hair products to women of color. Email the NYX company at their site and give them 2 or 3 zip codes that you shop in or live in. They will reply back with the stores that sell the products in that area.

anaaliyahfan03

i love cherryculture.com for nyx..they are cheap and they ship your stuff hella quick..and sometimes they have specials...the single eyeshadows are to die for..the lipglosses and lipsticks are my fav and im not a lipstick wearing gal..love them..i got some glitter eyeliners..i can say that im not too crazy about them..not so glittery..i got the color liquid eyeliners..love them..i got some blushes..the colors i got match my skin color too much, but hey that was my fault..still love them..so if ya cant afford the brands that cost a little more..mac, nars, urban decay, smashbox, stila, etc...then get nyx..they are cheap, but wonderful and so much to choose from!!!
smiles.gif

Magic Markers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
I've never seen it at Sally although it would be a great idea to sell it there since so many cities have at least one. All the beauty supply stores I have seen it in are the ones that sell hair products to women of color. Email the NYX company at their site and give them 2 or 3 zip codes that you shop in or live in. They will reply back with the stores that sell the products in that area.

smiles.gif
Time to start looking up the zipcodes of the local towns haha.

Latest posts