NYX Products

jnny

I want to try some out...but I can't find NYX around where I live..
ssad.gif

chocolategoddes

NYX is so amazngly awesome for the price. I own a:
lipgloss (love)
blush (love)
single shadow (adore)
trio (it's aight)
looking to buy more shadows and maybe getting the jumbo e/s stick (heard they r like shadesticks)

gigglegirl

word of advice.

Just bought a NYX Loose e/s in Walnut Pearl (here in Canada it was 4.99). So I thought there'd be a full 5g sample jar, (since I have several lying around). I fill up one, tapping it on the desk to make sure things settle. Fill the second.

One of the little vials of the Pearl loose e/s filled up 2.5 5g sample jars!! INSANE!! Lots of stuff (obviously the 5g sample jars do not hold 5gs of this stuff, I wish we referred to them as 1tsp jars or whatever they hold.) :S

I wanted to try a NYX lipgloss but unfortunately the store only has e/s, pencils and liquid eyeliners.

1QTPie

For anyone interested, if you don't want to go to Ulta or order from cherryculture.com or Nyx.com. Go to all the obscure beauty supply stores in your area. I did and I found NYX displays all around my neighborhood.

I find more items in the Korean bss' than elsewhere. My rule of thumb is if there is a wall (or two) of weave, there's guaranteed to at least be at the very least NYX nail polish inside.

clotheswhore

I found them at the local Fragrance Outlet, but I thought they were kind of expensive. I don't know if Ulta's price is about the same. Unfortunately, those are the only 2 stores that I know of that carry them around here. You can actually get them cheaper from ebay.com even with shipping. And, you don't have to pay tax!

I also found some at Rite Aid, but they only have a couple of palettes of the glitter kind.

ZoZo

Is there any store in Wichita, KS. carrying this line.
I would like to try this brand!

secretangel

I love NYX single shadows! They have amazing pigmentation and I actually like them better than my MAC shadows, probably because the price wins me over
smiles.gif

I also really love the Mosaic Powder & Creme blush. I want to try their doll eye mascara next!

One word of warning, do not get the single eyeshadows that have sparkles in them... the pigmentation is pretty awful.

nahtay

I found NYX at Pharma Plus (in Toronto, Ontario - Canada)
smiles.gif

However, I didnt see it at Zellars or Walmart.

Hope that helps someone.

gigglegirl

Yep it seems to only befound in Pharma Plus drug stores here in Winnipeg. Found out exactly which outlets I would find them by going to nyxcosmetics.ca

mae13

I think I'm going to order a few NYX things from Cherryculture - I'm intrigued.

To make it worth the shipping, I'm thinking about 8-10 eyeshadows (and some of the jumbo eye pencils). What colors would you guys recommend as must-haves?

VDUB*BELLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
Yep it seems to only befound in Pharma Plus drug stores here in Winnipeg. Found out exactly which outlets I would find them by going to nyxcosmetics.ca

How are the prices at Pharma for like a trio? Do they have a good selection?

gigglegirl

At the location I went to, for trios I'd say there was at least 10 diff kinds. Singles there were probably 24? LOL totally guessing.

There was a good selection so I could at least pick out some to try. Prices for a trio here in Wpg were 9.99, single e/s 5.99 (so I wonder if it'd be better to buy some online from the US and save? IE Cherry Culture)

fuzz

I bought the nyx loose shadow powder and it just sat there for litrerally 4 years cuz i loved the colours but didnt know how to apply it.Just yesterday i used the pink colour with mixing medium and it was awesome.It was worthspending money on.The colours are great and im gona go by the trio set this week actaully.I live in canada b.c and we only have one store wich sells em and thats save on foods.

mreichert

I just received my big ole' shipment from Cherry Culture today, so here's my scoop!
smiles.gif

The prices from cherryculture.com are cheaper than NYX website- so definitely worth ordering from there
smiles.gif
If you order more than $40, you get free shipping (I'm not sure about international though-but worth a try) The shipping was fast, and communication was EXCELLENT!

The jumbo eye pencils are amazing! But, if you have oily lids, they will crease. They work perfectly for me as my eyelids tend to be dry. The colors are highly pigmented and go on very easily. I actually like them more than my shadesticks.
The best colors to get from those depend on what color e/s you wear most- Yogurt is the most popular as it's a peachy color. Pacific? is a popular one if you wear lots of blues.

Ok.... Eye Shadows! Very pigmented and texture is smooth almost like Urban Decay shadows. The only prob. is the colors are not all consistent in color payoff- most of them are very good though.

Blonde is a beautiful light gold color
Salmon is a GORGEOUS peachy color
Jade is a nice minty green
Lime is a more pigmented dupe of Juxt
Rust is a slightly lighter shimmer version of Cranberry
Atlantic is a dupe for Freshwater
Mermaid Green looks similar to Humid

*I will try to post pics tonight of all the shadows, jumbo eye pencils, and lippies that I have
smiles.gif

Hope that helps!

dorothyshaw

What colors would you guys recommend as must-haves?

I have a ton of these and love them so much, but the swatch colours on the websites are not useful! Check eBay for better photos of the shadows -- even so, you might get surprised. I'll list the ones I remember here (unless otherwise noted, they're all singles -- the 3-colour pans are different even when the names are the same):

Black is a great matte black shadow, really nicely pigmented. If you don't already have a black shadow, this is a good choice.

I hear wonderful things about Root Beer but I don't own it.

Beanie is a shimmery purple-ish taupe; it goes well with Frosted Flakes which is a shimmery purple-ish taupey silver.

Purple is a gorgeous bright purple with blue sheen. Looks bad on me because of my dark circles, but I know other people love it.

Sahara is a pretty pale yellowy beige, not too shimmery.

Egg White is like a paler version of Sahara -- very pale yellowy beige tending towards white. Some people find this one chunky and not so good. Mine is ok.

Champagne is like a slightly more golden, slightly more shimmery version of MAC All That Glitters. They're really similar.

Golden Dune is a very, very shimmery (almost metallic) dark gold with a bit of bronze. It's really pretty.

Antique Gold is a less shimmery dark gold with a bit of green in it.

The Spring Leaf/Lime Green/Green Tea trio is worth getting if you like greens.

Kiwi is sort of like the colour of the outside of a lime. It's very bright.

I think Dark Brown is similar to MAC Charcoal Brown but other people have said it's more like MAC Brun. It's a basic neutral matte dark brown, but not that dark.

NYX Brown, on the other hand, has a fair bit of orange in it. It's not a neutral brown, it's warm. It's also matte.

Eutopia is one of my favourites. It's almost exactly the same as Stila Twig if you know that -- a shimmery, very dark reddish brown.

Gypsy is also a dark shimmery brown, but more purplish than reddish.

Herb is a shimmery dark olive. It looks darker in person than on websites.

Midnight is a greenish black with sparkle. It's a really cool, unusual colour IMO.

Sweet Lagoon is a shimmery pale sea-green -- really pretty.

Golden Poppy is more yellow than gold. It's a light shimmery yellow, but still definitely shows up as yellow.

Ocean is a turquoise-y medium blue with silvery shimmer. It's supposed to be the MAC Parrot dupe but I read that it's not that close (don't have Parrot so can't comment). I've noticed that NYX Golden Sky, in the pan, looks like a paler Ocean -- a sky blue with some green and grey added to it -- but I haven't bought that one because pale blues don't really work on me.

That's a start.
winks.gif
There are photos of most of these on Makeupalley, IIRC.

ohsewdizzy

cutey.gif
i sooo recommend the nys chrome pigments in the little square box... tooo cute and lasts for...ever... cherry culture has them for 3.99 right now and have a 20% march maddness cupon so i got all the ones i didnt have
yahoo.gif
..... they are totaly worth it and the other product i adore are the pearl shadows.... the ones in the big round pan they are singles,... and they are fab
th_DANCE.gif
.... the single shadows in the square quilted pans... i cant get good color off those
girl_devil.gif
... i tried their blush and its working well
tong.gif

also... for real payoff color try medusa
cutey.gif
... i absoultely adore it and love their brushes!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

mae13

Dorothyshaw, thank you so much for that e/s list.
smiles.gif

For folks in Montreal who are looking for NYX, I just saw a nice display for them at the UNIPRIX in Kirkland, just off Hymus and St-Charles. They had, I think, the full range of eyeshadows, the eyeliners and lipliners, nail polishes, some of the Diamond lipsticks (which smelled gross in the testers - bizarre) and colored mascaras.

They didn't have the Round lipsticks or the blushes (just mosaic powders) and no base products. They had the lipgloss in the squeeze tube, but no other versions.

The display was quite substantial and they had testers for almost everything.

I think other UNIPRIX locations might also carry the line. The prices were comparable to those listed on the Canadian NYX site (nyxcosmetics.ca), meaning a tad more expensive than the US site and definitely pricier than Cherryculture. The tradeoff is that they're right there, no shipping required.

Latest posts