NYX Products

user79

To people in Europe wanting to try this line...

If you go onto the NYX page, they have this distributor map:

NYX Cosmetics: Simple Life, Simple Cosmetics

I contacted nyx customer services by email and they gave me the name of the distributor here in Switzerland. I'm going to call them after lunch and see if I can do a direct order with them. They are sold in some obscure salons here apparently but all really far away from where I live, and none of them are in major cities! (wtf, how useless.)

I am very curious as to how much they will charge for these dang products here in overpriced, expensive Switzerland, seeing how cheap these are in the States. :/

They are marketing them here as "professional makeup" which is funny because it's essentially cheap drugstore stuff in the States! lol

COBI

I just became an authorized reseller of NYX in the US. I received a ton of samples which I will post soon, and work on getting some color swatches online as well. I am waiting for a reply to whether or not I can sell the in the "for sale & swap" forum or not.

The majority of my personal collection is MAC, but I have to tell you that I am pretty impressed with this line and at the prices, it's even more attractive.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
To people in Europe wanting to try this line...

If you go onto the NYX page, they have this distributor map:

NYX Cosmetics: Simple Life, Simple Cosmetics

I contacted nyx customer services by email and they gave me the name of the distributor here in Switzerland. I'm going to call them after lunch and see if I can do a direct order with them. They are sold in some obscure salons here apparently but all really far away from where I live, and none of them are in major cities! (wtf, how useless.)

I am very curious as to how much they will charge for these dang products here in overpriced, expensive Switzerland, seeing how cheap these are in the States. :/

They are marketing them here as "professional makeup" which is funny because it's essentially cheap drugstore stuff in the States! lol

OMG, in continuation of this post: Get this!

To show you guys how much we get ripped off with makeup here in Europe, or maybe just Switzerland:

The single NYX eyeshadows cost $17
The trio eyeshadows: $26

I can't believe how much they are marking these products up!!! In that case it will be much cheaper to order from cherryculture.com. Comparing the prices there, $3.99 for a single eyeshadow.

That's...er...quite the difference. Even with a $20 flat rate for shipping, it's still cheaper.
nonono.gif

BTW if you do a picture search on MUA there's lots of swatches of the NYX eyeshadows. This person especially has a lot of really true to life swatch pics of the eyeshadows: link

sofabean

i'm waiting for cherry culture to restock some of their nyx things before i order. i really want to try their round lipsticks.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19
I used NYX Rust on this model, with M A C Nehru.

FireEyesContactTable.jpg

Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearsindecember
The shadesticks crease after about an hour it annoys the shit out of me.
ssad.gif
Because the color pay off is awesome.

Good to know. I think I might just order the yellow one first to test it out.

Does anyone have any reviews on the lipglosses? They look super nice, and I've read they are very pigmented? Do they taste bad?

~Zoe~

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalmachine
apparently the only place that stocks a larger display of nyx in the toronto area is at yonge/eglinton, but i have not yet been there to verify.

Attached is a pic of the NYX display at Yonge & Eglington...
I've been to a few of the Rexall stores downtown and they all seem to have the same selection of products and colours. Personally I think the Yonge & Dundas location is slightly better because they have the eye/lip pencils, more mascara lines & more selection in general

I don't know if you're looking for something in particular but I noticed the eyeshadow & jumbo pencil colours aren't all there, its pretty limited
As people already mentioned you can also get them on ebay or cherryculture.com which will have a much wider variety

Hopefully I'll remember to take pics the next time I'm at the other locations...

KimmyAnn_678

I was out the Grove City Outlet Malls and went to the Fragrance Outlet and got an eyeshadow and the mascara... I was a bit disappointed because they didn't have the Pearlmania pigments and the eyshadow trios were $2 more than the one I bought at WalGreens last week
ssad.gif
But the mascara is working pretty nicely. Not the best I've used but nice for the price
smiles.gif

user79

I have a Q.

So I'm putting together a little list of things I want to order...but I can't find a listing on the website to find the description of the lipstick finishes. I know some of them are matte and some have shimmer, is there a way to find out which ones are the matte ones? Those are the ones I'm interested in more...

Also, do all the lipglasses have that sparkle in them, or are there some that just have pigment without the sparkle (talking about the Mega Gloss ones, not the diamond sparkle).

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
I have a Q.

So I'm putting together a little list of things I want to order...but I can't find a listing on the website to find the description of the lipstick finishes. I know some of them are matte and some have shimmer, is there a way to find out which ones are the matte ones? Those are the ones I'm interested in more...

Also, do all the lipglasses have that sparkle in them, or are there some that just have pigment without the sparkle (talking about the Mega Gloss ones, not the diamond sparkle).

I have only one lip product from NYX (a mega gloss one in Barbied Pink). It's a nice pink one, doesn't have a lot of sparkle, but i can't stand the smell
ssad.gif

I do love NYX Pearl Mania loose e/s. Make sure you get some of those. I have 10 of them and they're all amazing.... HTH

COBI

Quote:
I have a Q.

The Mega Shine lipglosses definitely do not all have sparkle. Some are sparkly and some are just shiny.

When I get home, I'll note some of the ones that I have that are shiny vs. sparkly for you.

Also, I'll try to see if NYX can provide me with a list of lipstick finishes because it is definitely difficult to tell from their color "swatches". UPDATE: Just heard back from NYX; they don't currently have a comprehensive written list of lipstick finishes by color, but they will take the suggestion into consideration.

GothicGirl

Quote:
OMG, in continuation of this post: Get this!

To show you guys how much we get ripped off with makeup here in Europe, or maybe just Switzerland:

The single NYX eyeshadows cost $17
The trio eyeshadows: $26

I can't believe how much they are marking these products up!!! In that case it will be much cheaper to order from cherryculture.com. Comparing the prices there, $3.99 for a single eyeshadow.

That's...er...quite the difference. Even with a $20 flat rate for shipping, it's still cheaper.
nonono.gif

If you only knew...Last year there was a NYX store in my town, which charged...Are you ready??? R$ 29 for the single eyeshadow, R$ 59 for the trio! And back then, the US Dollar was worth 2 Reais (our currency in Brazil). There is clearly a makeup price ripoff in Switzerland, but trust me, Brazil is far worse.

And, about your question concerning lippie finish: I have 3 lip glosses from NYX (Lip Gloss with Mega Shine in Cosmo, Maroon and Plush Red) and 2 lipsticks (NYX Lips in Thalia and Mauve)...Only Cosmo lipgloss has shimmer, the lipsticks are semi-matte and the other glosses are creamy and shiny, but no sparkle whatsoever.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I have only one lip product from NYX (a mega gloss one in Barbied Pink). It's a nice pink one, doesn't have a lot of sparkle, but i can't stand the smell
ssad.gif

Interesting. It's definitely a different smell than MAC, but it doesn't bother me (I kind of like it as a break from MAC). I've been trying to figure it out, but I can't single out what the scent is.

user79

Ugh, I'm sorry, I mean the eyeshadow finishes, not the lipstick finishes. I want to buy matte eyeshadows. Anyone know?

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Ugh, I'm sorry, I mean the eyeshadow finishes, not the lipstick finishes. I want to buy matte eyeshadows. Anyone know?

Sorry, I wish I could help you with that. The only thing I can think of is to search the Product Reviews on MUA for the shades that you might be interested in.
th_dunno.gif

nahtay

apparently the only place that stocks a larger display of nyx in the toronto area is at yonge/eglinton, but i have not yet been there to verify.
I've been to about 5 locations Pharma Plus/Rexall locations in the downtown core. From the Bay/Yonge area all the way to the First Canada Place/building.

Majority have the same selections
ssad.gif

I guess I'll wait for cherryculture to have a sale again
th_DANCE.gif

KellyBean

I know that the Amuse stores sell them (I saw one when I was visiting family in DC, we went shopping at Tysons Corner mall, though I'm not sure where else they have stores) and their prices are amazing. However, they're non-refundable.

Also, I know the trio eyeshadows fit into MAC palettes.

luvsic

I LOVE NYX!! i just recently started looking into them as an alternative to MAC b/c at times we all know how MAC can be a little pricey.

Idk if anyone has mentioned this, but I find NYX at ULTA....it's a smaller collection of products and I can't find all the shades I want (they're always sold out -___-. Everyone must know the secret now..) but I have a few itmes and a lot moer I want to try out - right now I have their Jumbo Eye Pencil in Strawberry milk. The texture is so smooth and lovely, and the color is wonderful. I wear it as a base and sometimes just plain
smiles.gif

Ahhh my new obsession! Must...try...more...