OCC lip tars

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by lilinah
I'll test Belladonna tomorrow. I put a little swatch on my hand last night and it seemed a bit iridescent, but i'm not sure if that's really the case until i get it on my lips.

I'm still not sure if Belladonna has some shimmer - it certainly was not as matte as Butch. I blended a little MAC Heirloom Eye Khol (light silver mauve) in the inner center of my lower lip to intensify the shine. I just got a compliment from one of the women who works at my local cafe where i go almost daily for my double Cubano con leche, with an extra shot.

When i first opened the package i thought the tubes were kinda small. But this stuff is so intense and one or two drops the size of a pin head are enough for my lips. So a tube of this stuff should last a heckuva long time.

I sure hope my local sephora carries this, because i look forward to testing other colors. However, i fear some of those young girls, who go through all the display carrels putting all the testers into their eyes or on their lips without cleaning them, will contaminate the Lip Tars. After all, they are in squeezy tubes, and i can just imagine those girls squeezing LT directly onto their lips like a lip gloss. Eeeew!

Boasorte

I went to my sephora store today, got nylon lip tar. It came with a brush! However I'm having an issue with it bleeding, not sure how I feel about that. And I don't like using liners often. Sigh.

^ Bleeding usually happens when you use too much product. Especially if you're applying directly from tube to lips without using a brush. I've also found it happens when the ratio of oil to pigment is a tad high so to correct both instances make sure the lip tar is well mixed (by flipping it over a couple times) and make sure to apply in sparse amounts and build on them if need be.

Kassie

I've heard so much about these lip tars, Just wondering from the ladies that have owne them, are they super heavy and sticky, because they look a bit sticky to much but I've never bought a lip tar before. I don't like sticky or heavy lip sticks. Just wondering before I go buy some
girlhaha.gif

sss215

I've heard so much about these lip tars, Just wondering from the ladies that have owne them, are they super heavy and sticky, because they look a bit sticky to much but I've never bought a lip tar before. I don't like sticky or heavy lip sticks. Just wondering before I go buy some
girlhaha.gif
very lightweight and they leave a beautiful stain.

TheLadyDanger

I went to my sephora store today, got nylon lip tar. It came with a brush! However I'm having an issue with it bleeding, not sure how I feel about that. And I don't like using liners often. Sigh.
Bleeding or feathering is one of the issues with Lip Tars. Make sure to use the product sparingly especially since you prefer not to wear a lip liner. You can also powder the lips to prevent bleeding/feathering. Hope this helps!

sss215

I am still waiting for Black Dahlia to arrive. Can't wait and getting antsy.

Sephora's annual discounts will be up soon and I am hoping to get some more lip tars then. Hopefully they are fully stocked, they have been running out of colors.

shontay07108

Usually when the Sephora sale comes around I have nothing to buy. This time I'll get some lip tars, so they better stock up soon. I still want Starling. I might get a few other things that I've held off on for one reason or another.

mac_aiken

I ordered Black Dahlia directly from OCC. It is gorgeous and I can see myself wearing it all fall/winter.

My Sephora only has 3 colors (Nylon, NSFW and another one whose name I forget). I picked up NSFW and will buy more online when Sephora does their F&F.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Kassie
girlhaha.gif

Lip Tar is neither heavy nor sticky if you apply it appropriately. As i wrote, only one or two drops the size of a standard sewing straight pin head on a lip brush are enough to give an opaque coating to my lips. You spread it on your lips and within a short time it sets. It's fairly budge proof.

You do need a lip brush. I used a crappy one i got a few years ago, and i was surprised it applied the Lip Tar just fine (it fails with normal lipsticks). On another occasion, i used a short, very narrow, flat headed brush i got decades ago when i used to do some theater makeup.

I did not use a lip pencil, "anti" lip liner, or any other special treatment and the Lip Tars did not bleed or feather. On the OCC website it points out that bleeding and feathering will accompany applying too much. Of course, we all have different shapes of lips and issues with our lip areas, and some people have other reasons to have those problems, so know your own lips - if you have wrinkles or other issues, prep first as needed.

The Lip Tar lasted through eating cold food, but did come off with hot food and hot beverage - although there was still a bit of color left on my lips.

Kassie

Lip Tar is neither heavy nor sticky if you apply it appropriately. As i wrote, only one or two drops the size of a standard sewing straight pin head on a lip brush are enough to give an opaque coating to my lips. You spread it on your lips and within a short time it sets. It's fairly budge proof.

You do need a lip brush. I used a crappy one i got a few years ago, and i was surprised it applied the Lip Tar just fine (it fails with normal lipsticks). On another occasion, i used a short, very narrow, flat headed brush i got decades ago when i used to do some theater makeup.

I did not use a lip pencil, "anti" lip liner, or any other special treatment and the Lip Tars did not bleed or feather. On the OCC website it points out that bleeding and feathering will accompany applying too much. Of course, we all have different shapes of lips and issues with our lip areas, and some people have other reasons to have those problems, so know your own lips - if you have wrinkles or other issues, prep first as needed.

The Lip Tar lasted through eating cold food, but did come off with hot food and hot beverage - although there was still a bit of color left on my lips.

Thanks a lot they sound so nice, I'm so sick of the stupid sticky heavy lipsticks and now they came out with these I'm really excited to buy some of these, a lot of the colors are out of stock so I'll so have to wait till they restock them.

sss215

I ordered Black Dahlia directly from OCC. It is gorgeous and I can see myself wearing it all fall/winter.

My Sephora only has 3 colors (Nylon, NSFW and another one whose name I forget). I picked up NSFW and will buy more online when Sephora does their F&F.
I ordered it from OCC also. It is now one of my favorite lip colors, EVER. I think I am going to get NSFW from the Sephora store before the big Sephora sale also. Just so when its time I'm clicking fast for the ones I can't get at the store before they sell out.

sss215

I really love the Black Dahlia lip tar. It is so bold, matte and longwearing.

Is anyone using a concealer brush to apply these colors. the brush that came with it is too small for me, but i have a sigma dupe for the MAC 195 and its perfect.

Latest posts