OCC lip tars

CartoonChic

Here she is! Bad Mama Jama in all her blue-violet glory.

Bad Mama Jama - Smoked Purple - Yung Rapunxel - Dramatic Encounter - Prince Noir - Potent Fig - Bad Mama Jama

NARS Scarlet Empress - Chanel Rouge Noir - Chanel La Provocante - Bad Mama Jama - Smoked Purple - Yung Rapunxel - Dramatic Encounter - Prince Noir - Potent Fig - Bad Mama Jama

kimibos

^^^^ its definilety blue
cheerleader.gif

honybr

I don't know if everyone got the email, but Friday - Monday if you spend $25 you get the Triptych Lip Tar (the gold one from the holiday collection) for free. I kind of wish I had waited a week to get it, but I'm sure there are 2 other lip tars I can justify buying! It's available only on OCC's website or the store in NYC. My email didn't include a code, so I assume it will just work once you get to the $25 mark.

kimibos

I don't know if everyone got the email, but Friday - Monday if you spend $25 you get the Triptych Lip Tar (the gold one from the holiday collection) for free. I kind of wish I had waited a week to get it, but I'm sure there are 2 other lip tars I can justify buying! It's available only on OCC's website or the store in NYC. My email didn't include a code, so I assume it will just work once you get to the $25 mark.
thanks!!

mac_aiken

You have really inspired me with your combination and now I want to try some as well. What would you recommend that I get? I have NSFW, Black Dahlia, Super NSFW, Electric Grandma and the new hot pink from the holiday collection. I am open to trying anything.
I have my next batch of Lip Tars. UPS delivered my package unusually early today. I hope it becomes a standard routine. I normally get my deliveries very late in the evening.

Digitalis = a toned down MAC Saint Germain. I'm guessing that would probably make it similar to MAC Snob, but I don't own that lipstick to compare. I mixed it with Butch Lip Tar to see if it would create a color similar to Lime Crime's Chinchilla that was posted in another thread. I applied Butch directly onto my lips on top of Digitalis. It would be much better to mix the colors together before applying, but I think the resulting color is very close to Chinchilla. I'm sure the color could be achieved with more tweaking.

Chlorophyll is a nice shade of green. I can say for sure that I will not be wearing it alone. This one is for mixing. I applied Belladonna on top of Chlorophyll for haha's and just to see what would happen. It created the prettiest cool toned blue-violet purple that you wouldn't believe. Almost a gray-purple. It's definitely a keeper.

Rx is a very pretty blue. I like how it looks on my skin tone and I would wear it alone if/when I ever get the courage to rock blue lips. I mixed it with Strumpet as requested by sss215. Guurrrllll!
heat.gif
thud.gif
eyelove.gif
love.gif
encore.gif

GET. IT. Run, don't walk! Rx + Strumpet is unbelievably stunning. It creates this amazing rich, dark, vampy, warm-toned blue-violet purple deliciousness that is to die for. I immediately ransacked my stash to see if I had anything similar. Nothing I have, nothing at all, compares to it. Smoked Purple, Prince Noir, Yung Rapunxel, Potent Fig, Dramatic Encounter - everything is too red.

There's overcast today, so I can't take pictures. The purple colors won't photograph well with my camera. I'll take pics as soon as it's sunny.

CartoonChic

You have really inspired me with your combination and now I want to try some as well. What would you recommend that I get? I have NSFW, Black Dahlia, Super NSFW, Electric Grandma and the new hot pink from the holiday collection. I am open to trying anything.
That's very sweet of you to say.
bouquet.gif

I don't have Black Dahlia or Yaoi yet, so those are the first two I would try mixing. In my head that seems like it would be a pretty combo. Maybe some sort of metallic raspberry pink. Another nice combo to try is NSFW/Super NSFW + Electric Grandma. I mixed NSFW and Grandma just now and it made a color I'm not sure how to describe. It's like a muted brick pink-red.

You definitely need to get Vintage since you love Rocker. Vintage seems to be in the same color family as Rocker on me. Maybe you can try mixing Electric Grandma with Vintage to see if you can recreate something close to Rocker.

Spanky

Hi everyone. Love the combos & BAD MAMA JAMA's 'ROUND HERE! I have a couple ?s I bought NSFW, Vintage & Strumpet. I haven't messed with them at all. Onto my ?s do I need the Clear Lip Tar to wear the other colors? Do any of you own it & find it useful? If its for a glossy coat than what is its consistency (does ur hair, cat or bottle of coke stick to it)? Also, how do you know the ones that are with the Holiday Collx (besides that they are sold out)? Are they LE? Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who celebrates it. Looks like I'm havin' to sit this year out too ;( & to anyone who does not partake of Turkey Day, have a super day :)

CartoonChic

& to anyone who does not partake of Turkey Day, have a super day
smiles.gif
You don't need the Clear Lip Tar to wear the other colors. I think you add Clear is if you want to make your Lip Tars glossy. I can't tell if the new Metallurgy collection is LE or not. Here's the link.

http://www.occmakeup.com/metallurgy.html

Sorry about your Thanksgiving, but I hope you still enjoyed the day.

Naughtyp

I read on temptalia they sephora was getting the metal lip tars on dec 1 but I can't find them ;( and on the individual reviews it only says occ website I am sad

Leeny

I read on temptalia they sephora was getting the metal lip tars on dec 1 but I can't find them ;( and on the individual reviews it only says occ website I am sad
The Sephora store at the mall I frequent has the new lip tars on the display as of early last week (maybe even earlier), maybe they'll be showing up online soon? Sometiems I hate the discrepancy between online and actual in store items.

AniBEE

^ the might also have them in the back if they have not put them out on display yet. I've gotten a few new items this way in the past as they only seem to restock on Sunday nights the store. ;)

CartoonChic

They're probably just late posting it online. Nylon and the Heroine collection didn't show up on their scheduled launch dates, but they showed up eventually.

Naughtyp

ya that happened in October with Illamasqua I wanted Creator np and Boost lipgloss and the people at srphora had no idea what I was talking about so unordered online and paid over $20 for shipping, by the time I got it the items were in the store and online! lol I just couldn't wait! heading to sephora later. and also the Disney store since my tinkerbell tree fell over this morning ;(

CartoonChic

ya that happened in October with Illamasqua I wanted Creator np and Boost lipgloss and the people at srphora had no idea what I was talking about so unordered online and paid over $20 for shipping, by the time I got it the items were in the store and online! lol I just couldn't wait! heading to sephora later. and also the Disney store since my tinkerbell tree fell over this morning ;(
Oh no. I hope nothing was damaged. I remember the pic you posted of it. So pretty. How was your trip?

Naughtyp

a few ornaments broke but luckily all my absolute favorites all survived. my tree topper was totally destroyed tho ;( so I bought a new one for half off at the Disney store. my trip was super fun one of my best disneyland trips for sure. it was too bad I ordered so much makeup I don't have much to spend lol but it was really cool ;) both sephoras I went to had some lip tars but not the new ones... I almost got Nsfw but I passed cuz I need gas lol but I hope I find tommorow since its payday lol) I kinda hid it underneath a bunch of pale colored ones.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Naughtyp
[SNIP] heading to sephora later. and also the Disney store since my tinkerbell tree fell over this morning ;(

So sorry to hear. Theme trees are fun! I hope you find lovely replacements for the broken items.

kimibos

both sephoras I went to had some lip tars but not the new ones... I almost got Nsfw but I passed cuz I need gas lol but I hope I find tommorow since its payday lol) I kinda hid it underneath a bunch of pale colored ones.
sorry about your broken ornaments, and lucky that the others are ok.
cheerleader.gif
im glad that you had fun in your trip.

Naughtyp

So sorry to hear. Theme trees are fun! I hope you find lovely replacements for the broken items.
thank you ladies =) my tree is back up , pinned to the wall, and has less ornaments because i need to glue some, lots of tinkerbell wings to glue back on lol, but thankfully that is it.

No new liptars at the sephoras by me, so ill just wait till they pop up i guess.....