OCC lip tars

prettygirl

I have my Lip Tars from Sephora. I gotta say, I love Sephora's packaging. I like how each Lip Tar comes with its own brush and directions. I also appreciate the much larger and easier to read name labels. I've only tried on Lydia, Hoochie and Anime so far. Each one is very wearable to me. I was surprised with Anime. I was expecting it to be much brighter. It looks more magenta on me.
AWww.. so exciting! I have to wait until Wednesday for my package to come in! I'm still putting my stuff in my cart for a last minute order.. hehe.. I have Hoochie and Lydia in there.. still contemplating!

hwdsprincess

I still want hoochie, I own nsfw queen and nylon... I kinda like I believe it was grandma when I went to sephora and I agree I love how cute they're packaged I want the little brush... I bought one from target the Sonia kashuk brand and it works well for the liptars

aradhana

I still want hoochie, I own nsfw queen and nylon... I kinda like I believe it was grandma when I went to sephora and I agree I love how cute they're packaged I want the little brush... I bought one from target the Sonia kashuk brand and it works well for the liptars
me too! maybe later this month....or maybe i should just wait till december. i've already purchased so much this month!

hwdsprincess

yup ditto. :) me too! maybe later this month....or maybe i should just wait till december. i've already purchased so much this month!
Lol for once I think I shouldn't enable someone, I think the liptars are easy to reach so maybe u should wait and be good like me lol....I've spent too much on makeup lately and I'm hoping to not buy any Mac till après and strength collection, but then I'm like I like taste temptations too ugh makeup why do we have to love it!!!

aradhana

Lol for once I think I shouldn't enable someone, I think the liptars are easy to reach so maybe u should wait and be good like me lol....I've spent too much on makeup lately and I'm hoping to not buy any Mac till après and strength collection, but then I'm like I like taste temptations too ugh makeup why do we have to love it!!!
this sums up my internal dialogue pretty well....!

i've been wondering why i can't stop myself, not only from buying makeup, but for wanting so much in the first place! i think i really need to be strategic about any further acquisitions...LOL...

hwdsprincess

this sums up my internal dialogue pretty well....! i've been wondering why i can't stop myself, not only from buying makeup, but for wanting so much in the first place! i think i really need to be strategic about any further acquisitions...LOL...
Lol I Know I want Soo much stuff too, if only I could win the lotto, then I wouldn't want so much because I'd be able to buy them lol

CartoonChic

I caved. My declaration of no makeup until Black Friday only lasted a few hours. I got Digitalis, RX and Chlorophyll.
nocomment.gif

I tried on the rest of the Lip Tar colors. I'm very happy with all of them. Grandma and Melange are a lot prettier than I thought they would be. Melange is a pretty neutral peach-brown. Grandma reminds me of a darker and more coral Reel Sexy. Stalker is a gorgeous red and Strumpet is perfection. No regrets!

Looks like I can try that Strumpet and RX combo after all, sss215.

lilinah

The OCC Pro lip tar set is back in stock at sephora.com

Not for me, but i know some of you other lovely ladies are looking for it.

sss215

I caved. My declaration of no makeup until Black Friday only lasted a few hours. I got Digitalis, RX and Chlorophyll.
nocomment.gif

I tried on the rest of the Lip Tar colors. I'm very happy with all of them. Grandma and Melange are a lot prettier than I thought they would be. Melange is a pretty neutral peach-brown. Grandma reminds me of a darker and more coral Reel Sexy. Stalker is a gorgeous red and Strumpet is perfection. No regrets!

Looks like I can try that Strumpet and RX combo after all, sss215.
YAY! let me know! Thanks! Stalker is pretty! I like it more than NSFW, its a little more blue.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by aradhana
i've been wondering why i can't stop myself, not only from buying makeup, but for wanting so much in the first place! i think i really need to be strategic about any further acquisitions...LOL...

I found it's a great help to make an organized inventory of what products i have, along with the month and year each was purchased. That way i can see if i have a lot of a certain color and hold off buying more unless it's something really special. Or if there's a gap that needs to be filled. Or i can see that i accidentally bought multiples of exactly the same item and not make the same mistake a 3rd time - I don't generally get back-ups, because i like a lot of variety in what i wear.

Mascaras, for example, are supposed to be tossed after 4 to 6 months. I confess i'm still using one 2-year-old brown-black mascara (a hard to find color), but it also means i rarely buy mascara, because i have a clear idea of what i have. I am not tempted to get every new wonder-mascara that gets written up until i throw out some of the older ones i have.

Powder eyeshadows and blushes (hi-liters/bronzers) last for years as long as one uses clean brushes on them. I have some e/s from the 1970s that are still fine, although back then e/s were awfully chalky / talc-y.

On the other hand, lipsticks and other creme products go rancid and liquid products (like foundation) go bad. So there's no real use not wearing a beloved lipstick after a year or so of hoarding it in your stash, because you need to get your best wear of it before it spoils. Most liquid products are supposed to be chucked out in a year, although if you keep it in a cool dark place and don't put dirty fingers or brushes into it, it can last a bit longer.

With my inventory i can go through my stash and pull out old stuff to wear before it spoils, or toss what's getting rancid or going bad or likely full of bacteria.

CartoonChic

I found it's a great help to make an organized inventory of what products i have, along with the month and year each was purchased. That way i can see if i have a lot of a certain color and hold off buying more unless it's something really special. Or if there's a gap that needs to be filled. Or i can see that i accidentally bought multiples of exactly the same item and not make the same mistake a 3rd time - I don't generally get back-ups, because i like a lot of variety in what i wear.

Mascaras, for example, are supposed to be tossed after 4 to 6 months. I confess i'm still using one 2-year-old brown-black mascara (a hard to find color), but it also means i rarely buy mascara, because i have a clear idea of what i have. I am not tempted to get every new wonder-mascara that gets written up until i throw out some of the older ones i have.

Powder eyeshadows and blushes (hi-liters/bronzers) last for years as long as one uses clean brushes on them. I have some e/s from the 1970s that are still fine, although back then e/s were awfully chalky / talc-y.

On the other hand, lipsticks and other creme products go rancid and liquid products (like foundation) go bad. So there's no real use not wearing a beloved lipstick after a year or so of hoarding it in your stash, because you need to get your best wear of it before it spoils. Most liquid products are supposed to be chucked out in a year, although if you keep it in a cool dark place and don't put dirty fingers or brushes into it, it can last a bit longer.

With my inventory i can go through my stash and pull out old stuff to wear before it spoils, or toss what's getting rancid or going bad or likely full of bacteria.
Very good advice. I keep a similar inventory list for my makeup. Sadly, it doesn't stop me from purchasing and wanting more makeup. But my will power is nil at this point.

hwdsprincess

Very good advice. I keep a similar inventory list for my makeup. Sadly, it doesn't stop me from purchasing and wanting more makeup. But my will power is nil at this point.
Lmao CartoonChic has no will power, hate to throw u under the bus friend but last night made me laugh, WE have no will power I said I wouldn't buy till dec and did since u offered and I know u said u wouldn't till I offered a code.... Tsk tsk

aradhana

sounds so familiar. i really need to do a 'shop your stash' for a few months.

CartoonChic

Lmao CartoonChic has no will power, hate to throw u under the bus friend but last night made me laugh, WE have no will power I said I wouldn't buy till dec and did since u offered and I know u said u wouldn't till I offered a code.... Tsk tsk
girlhaha.gif
You can't throw me under the bus if it's true!

lilinah

sounds so familiar. i really need to do a 'shop your stash' for a few months.
I'm far more Obsessive-Compulsive! I keep everything sorted by color family and mostly by type.

For example, i have one box of FUCHSIA, PLUM, PURPLE, LILAC, and VIOLET lip products.
They're sorted into baggies (hey, it ain't pretty but it works for me) :
Baggie 1. - Blue VIOLET and PURPLE and PLUM (dark purple) LIP LINER PENCILS
Baggie 2. - Blue VIOLET and LILAC LIPSTICKS
Baggie 3. - Blue VIOLET and LILAC LIP GLOSSES
Baggie 4. - PALE PALE PURPLE and FUCHSIA LIPSTICKS & LIP COLOR PENCILS
Baggie 5. - PALE PALE PURPLE and FUCHSIA LIP STAINS & LIP GLOSSES
Baggie 6. - PURPLE LIPSTICKS
Baggie 7. - PLUM (dark purple) LIPSTICKS & LIP COLOR PENCILS
Baggie 8. - PURPLE and PLUM (dark purple) LIQUID LIP COLORS & LIP GLOSSES

Each baggie holds between 10 & 14 items.

I have 3 boxes of lip products and 4 boxes of eye products, all sorted. The face stuff is also sorted, but stored a little differently because of bigger pans and taller bottles.

Naughtyp

supposed to get my lip tars tommorow!!! all I'm looking forward to right now :( found out Im not going to pass my math class ( I blame Specktra!!! lol). sets me back a whole quarter which sets me back a whole year!! with no financial aid ;(

CartoonChic

supposed to get my lip tars tommorow!!! all I'm looking forward to right now
ssad.gif
found out Im not going to pass my math class ( I blame Specktra!!! lol). sets me back a whole quarter which sets me back a whole year!! with no financial aid ;(
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things work out.
th_cheerup.gif

Naughtyp

thank you cartoonchick! It will work out eventually I don't have many more classes left , so I can still do it without any aid, but the aid would have helped but I won't let that stop me ;) ( I'm going for radiology technology to be an X-ray tech)

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Naughtyp
supposed to get my lip tars tommorow!!! all I'm looking forward to right now
ssad.gif
found out Im not going to pass my math class (I blame Specktra!!! lol). sets me back a whole quarter which sets me back a whole year!! with no financial aid ;(

I'm sorry to hear that! Hang in there. Now that you know what's expected i'm sure you'll do fine next time!

CartoonChic

thank you cartoonchick! It will work out eventually I don't have many more classes left , so I can still do it without any aid, but the aid would have helped but I won't let that stop me
winks.gif
( I'm going for radiology technology to be an X-ray tech)
With that mindset, I'm sure you'll be just fine.